Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Poll: Who should be our Day #1 starting QB in 2012? What if Grossman or Beck is the best short-term option?

Commander PK

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

they don't know the offense though. What if there are personality conflicts? What if they can't do it, and Shanny has gone out on a limb with ANOTHER QB. See what I'm getting at? Rex might seriously be the best we can do. Honestly, if he could just cut back on the turnovers the guy really isn't that bad. I don't think he's the long-term answer, but yes he could be the 2012 short-term answer.

Seriously the best game for Rex, in my opinion, was the one against the Pats. I just don't know if he can limit the turnovers and that is only part of the reason he is not the long-term answer. I think he is going start next year but I am not in favor of it. I would rather go through another year like this and let our QB draft pick start. But a concern I have is shoring up the OL, and getting a top notch receiver.

---------- Post added December-16th-2011 at 05:03 PM ----------

The franchise will not survive another year of Rex or Beck starting at QB. Just can't. Even if Shanahan wants to, Bruce Allen won't let it happen. Dan Snyder won't let it happen.

It is a money making profession as well. I think that is a huge part of not putting up with a Rex or Beck starting next year. It would just be better if just jettisoned Beck, and held on to Grossman as the backup. BUT we need a few OL players to protect a rookie, although mobility would help there, and we really need a good, solid number 1 receiver. I would LOVE to pick up Randy Moss who I know will be back out of retirement next year. Even if he only has a couple of years left in the tank.

It's time for the Skins to move upwards and onwards.

There is little doubt that Rexy Grossy and Jeff Beck are not starting NFL material. It's time to seriously look at other options either the draft or free agency. At this point, I would be willing to give Jonathan Crompton a chance. There is nothing to loose.

We know what we have in Grossy -- nothing but games that make you go that's Gross Man!

Assuming we take Luck, Barkley or Griffin, it should be draft pick all the way. No more Grossman. It's done. It didn't work. ASF was horribly, horribly wrong.

This isn't the NFL from the 90s where rookies need to sit for a year. With a full off season there's no reason why a rookie shouldn't be able to handle the job from day 1. Even in Kyle's "complicated" offense. Maybe he doesnt know 100% of it, but one of those three guys knowing 80% is heterosexual than Grossman. The sooner they start, the sooner they can adjust to the NFL.

Can you imagine the crowd at Fed Ex around game 5 when we are 2-2 and we have lost 2 in a row, both with several interceptions by Rex and all week we have been talking about the QB switch that Shanny announced on Wed. . . and the fireworks go off, and the PA announcer says:

"and now, the starting quarterback for YOUR Washington Redskins. . Rooooobert Griffin the 3rd!!!!!!!" and he runs out of that tunnel?? Geez I cannot wait!!

Rex will be the game 1 starter and Peyton Manning will be his backup, so as to give time for the 6'5" laser rocket arm dude to learn Kyle's system :D

Seriously, I can see a situation cited by many above where Rex starts the season while the draft choice rides the pine. The question is at what point does the rookie come in. Shanny went to Cutler over Plummer late in 2006 while the Broncos still (I believe) had a winning record, but at that point Mike had been in Denver forever and probably could do what he wanted. In 2004 Coughlin pulled Warner at 5-4 and replaced him with the rookie Eli, in a season where two 8-8 teams made the playoffs in the NFC.

I guess it'll depend on how the offense and Rex looks. Grossman has been decent of late stats-wise, but those turnovers are such a liability. The INT against the Pats where Rex got bailed out by the bogus call on Carter was simply horrific.

Archived