Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

If you don't think Helu is capable of breaking off the big ones.....Watch this!

Elmerz

For those of you who believe in Helu now but have not seen much of him in college. This video is for you. We have a monster in the making and his attitude and work ethic are so refreshing.

Mods, I know there is another Helu thread but it is about sitting him?!?! Hopefully we can keep this thread and video front and center. Truly a bright spot on this team.

Yesterday he ripped off a pretty 20-something yard run. After he was tackled, he just got up and jogged back to the huddle.

There was no dancing, no first down signal, no trash talking, no celebrating like he just won the Super Bowl.

Not used to seeing players behave like that. I thought maybe there was a penalty or something.

Yesterday he ripped off a pretty 20-something yard run. After he was tackled, he just got up and jogged back to the huddle.

There was no dancing, no first down signal, no trash talking, no celebrating like he just won the Super Bowl.

Not used to seeing players behave like that. I thought maybe there was a penalty or something.

a la barry sanders...its very refreshing to see someone do...and i like it

Yeah, I like that also, I do like a little swag in my players but that just oozes class and it shows things like he has a cool temperment and won't be throwing people down when they get angry like a Courtland Finnegan, Haynesworth, or Suh. It shows a lot about his character because if I broke off a 20 yard run for the Redskins you KNOW I would be celebrating like I won the superbowl.

Only time I really see him show a little emotion was when he hurdled Roy Lewis and shed Kam Chancellor off him for 30 yards, he had a bad case of the smiles.

Also, who thinks that Helu isn't capable of breaking off big runs? Dude is 2005 Portis incarnate, future pro bowl for Roy in his future I think.

Seriously. The main thing I noticed that got me even more excited in the Seattle game (besides the crazy athletic hurdle) is the aftermath of the play. Normally, after an insane play like that, I'm used to seeing our guys do a little dance of some kind. Helu just acted like he had been there 100 times already (even though that was his FIRST touchdown as an NFL player), and celebrated with his teammates.

The more guys we get like him on our team, the better. He's going to be a star for us. :)

Who said Helu couldn't break the big one? A blind person? It seems like when he breaks out, he's typically just one block away from going all the way.

I think the best part of that clip is the way Rex goes up to him and seems like he almost has to remind him that he just scored a touchdown. "Hey, be excited, you just scored a touchdown!" I think that's when he starts smiling and is like "Oh yeah, I did score my first touchdown, I CAN be excited!"

To be fair,many around here who were paying attention at draft time probably have an idea of his break away potential. Especially with the available highlights, Many of which were posted here.

http://www.extremeskins.com/showthread.php?346829-Could-Roy-Helu-be-a-future-star-Or-wasted-pick

Now since that was back in April/May,I guess I can be a nice guy and let this one stand. He has been a bright spot for sure.

Forget a 20 yard run....he didn't even celebrate when he scored his first career TD. Speaking of celebrating, I think the NFL should change the rule to NOT allowing individual celebrations. They look ridiculous dancing around on their own while their teammates stand and watch. Celebrations should only be allowed if you're doing it with your teammates. Nothing ridiculous but just have some fun.

I think it may have been on the pre-game or during the broadcast when they discussed the fact that they were not sure if Helu was capable of breaking big runs. I followed him in college and that is what he did. Granted, the holes he was running through were huge but you still need special speed to break as many as he did.

Thanks PSK for letting the video stick, wish I could get the damn thing embedded. Oh well..

The only way I'm not getting a Helu jersey prior to next season is if we draft RG III.

If we draft RGIII thats my first jersey next year :) Looking forward to the NIKE switch as well. There's going be a lot to choose from :) Dont forget about Kerrigan either

I actually am only marginally impressed by the college highlights because he is seemingly always running through huge holes in the open field. I am impressed by his running as a Redskin as he has proven he can make people miss, and that he can hit the hole and still get yardage. Hail!

Archived