Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

If you don't think Helu is capable of breaking off the big ones.....Watch this!

Elmerz

From walterfootball.com:

105. Roy Helu, RB, Nebraska

Three reasons why I hate this pick: 1) Roy Helu was ranked in the 150-175 range by most services, so this is a reach. 2) The Redskins had far greater needs. 3) Trading up for Helu with all the running backs available? Why? (Pick Grade: F)

Lawl.

Nice find!

I agree with the points about the lack of dances and crap like that after the runs.

I really like:

1) His patience in letting a blocker block. There's a difference between hitting the hole and just running into your guards.

2) He can really turn the corner. Haven't seen that from a Redskin since 2005, really.

3) He just does not stop going. There are so many times that I think that he's down, but he somehow gets five yards out of nothing.

4) He's WAY faster than he looks. On those wide shots, he almost looks like he's got a Game Genie with a super jump code slammed in there, because his strides are just so long.

If we draft RGIII thats my first jersey next year :) Looking forward to the NIKE switch as well. There's going be a lot to choose from :) Dont forget about Kerrigan either

Whole reason I want RGIII jersey (if we draft him) is because I need a new offensive jerseys. I have Portis and Cooley...Portis is a wall-hanger now, Cooley soon to be. I've got Orakpo and Sean Taylor on defense.

Just a phenomenal pick, Shanny saw something in Helu and wanted him bad enough to trade up to get him. He has great vision to hit his holes and seems to me that he has a second gear after he makes his cut. I like the kid no show boating and very humble. I think we have star in the making and hope we can enough years of hearing our fan base cheering him on Heeeluuuu....

Ladanian Tomlinson was once asked why he had such a minimalist TD celebration, unlike Chad Ochocinco. His reply was. A coach once told me "when you get into the endzone, act like you're supposed to be there, you've been there before, and you're going to be there again." I think Helu's attitude personifies this.

Nice find!

I agree with the points about the lack of dances and crap like that after the runs.

I really like:

1) His patience in letting a blocker block. There's a difference between hitting the hole and just running into your guards.

2) He can really turn the corner. Haven't seen that from a Redskin since 2005, really.

3) He just does not stop going. There are so many times that I think that he's down, but he somehow gets five yards out of nothing.

4) He's WAY faster than he looks. On those wide shots, he almost looks like he's got a Game Genie with a super jump code slammed in there, because his strides are just so long.

Plus, he's really starting to get his NFL legs under him, glancing blows don't knock him down as often, and he's not tripping over people :)

Also, he's really starting to run downhill now, the first few games he looked a little tenative, but you can see him maturing and gaining confidence week after week.. I think Shanny found another of his RB gems.

This kid should rush for 1200+ easily with a full season of starts.. I'm excited about his future.

From walterfootball.com:

105. Roy Helu, RB, Nebraska

Three reasons why I hate this pick: 1) Roy Helu was ranked in the 150-175 range by most services, so this is a reach. 2) The Redskins had far greater needs. 3) Trading up for Helu with all the running backs available? Why? (Pick Grade: F)

Because he is Roy FREAKING Helu. That's why!!! :point2sky

Seriously awesome find Music City Skin. This is why I don't pay any attention to draft analysis.

Archived