Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WP Insider: Jets offensive player to watch: QB Mark Sanchez

skin23

“I’d say he’s middle of the pack. Definitely not the worst in the league. He’s a capable quarterback,” Hall told The Washington Post in Thursday's edition. “He’s taken them to a couple AFC Championship (Games), so he definitely knows how to win the big games. He doesn’t take as many chances as much as he just gets confused some times,” Hall said. “A lot of times he just comes out and stares a receiver down, tries to throw him the ball. He puts it on those guys to make plays. They haven’t made as many plays this year as they have in previous years.”

Even if it's true, when do people learn to just be quiet and play ball? It was only last week he was whining about the fact that he should be cut. I'd argue that getting confused is better than seeing what's coming and still not being able to stop it.

This quote will sound even sillier after Plax abuses Hall for 100+ yards receiving and 2 TDs.

Hall should concentrate more on figuring out how to cover WRs with less than a 10 yard cusion and worry less about where the QBs he faces each week rank relative to the rest of the league.

Um...did D-Hall say anything that isn't true?

In fact, has he said anything that any other defensive player wouldn't say about Mark Sanchez when asked?

Come on, man...

Yeah, compared to what NFL.com's headline suggested, this is pretty tame. And I think "middle-of-the-pack" is an appropriate description of Sanchez right now. (15th in QBR)

Please, you guys know how competitive these pros are and you know that calling a quarterback in particular 'middle of the pack' carries a different weight. He called him average and basically means that his team is the reason they have succeeded in the past. Whether it's true or not is completely irrelevant to the point I was making. Let your play do the talking, as I'm sure Plax and Santonio will show him Sunday.

Lastly, what if another player accurately assessed Mr. Hall's skills as 'middle of the pack'? How well do you think he'd take that.

Please, you guys know how competitive these pros are and you know that calling a quarterback in particular 'middle of the pack' carries a different weight. He called him average and basically means that his team is the reason they have succeeded in the past. Whether it's true or not is completely irrelevant to the point I was making. Let your play do the talking, as I'm sure Plax and Santonio will show him Sunday.

Lastly, what if another player accurately assessed Mr. Hall's skills as 'middle of the pack'? How well do you think he'd take that.

Well, considering his comments after the Dallas game, I think he would take it fine if the comments were warrented.

All the hate for D Hall is unbelievable. Does he talk too much? yes. Is he having a bad year? yup...he even admitted it. Is he a scrub CB, or even as bad as some are saying? ARE YOU FREAKIN KIDDING ME? He had a great year last year...so good in fact one of his jerseys ended up in the HOF after that game. He has won DPOW on a few occasions (including one after last week).

So y'all put your blind hatred away, and try and view things objectively (yeah I know a tall order for around here)

Considered D-Hall said that he should get cut a couple weeks ago, I think D-Hall's fully aware that he's not having his best season.

My point is, D-Hall was asked a question. In the answer to that question, D-Hall answered honestly and openly. It's not like he said "Oh, that kid? Pfft, that kid sucks hairy donkey balls". He was asked his opinion, and he gave his assessment of the guy. He said he's a capable quarterback.

"OH NOES, MARK SANCHEZ IS GOING TO GET HIS **** TOGETHER SINCE D-HALL CALLED HIM AVERAGE!". Mark Sanchez plays for the New York Jets in one of the harshest media markets in the whole damn country, you think being called a capable quarterback is going to get Sanchez fired up to take it to D-Hall? Considering what he hears from the media and his own fans, I'd think he'd be happy to hear someone doesn't think he's the worst quarterback in the league.

"Let your play do the talking?" How about "Let's let the game happen for we go bashing on our own players?".

CRAZY THOUGHT, I'm sure. But DeAngelo Hall didn't say a damn thing that every other defender who has had to face him either hasn't said or isn't at least thinking.

Well, considering his comments after the Dallas game, I think he would take it fine if the comments were warrented.

All the hate for D Hall is unbelievable. Does he talk too much? yes. Is he having a bad year? yup...he even admitted it. Is he a scrub CB, or even as bad as some are saying? ARE YOU FREAKIN KIDDING ME? He had a great year last year...so good in fact one of his jerseys ended up in the HOF after that game. He has won DPOW on a few occasions (including one after last week).

So y'all put your blind hatred away, and try and view things objectively (yeah I know a tall order for around here)

Sorry. Corners who give a 12 yard cushion for an easy 3rd and 7 conversion don't get my vote for being a good corner - even if they had a one-time great game with 4 INTs. I didn't say he's the worst, I just know he's not a #1 corner worth the money he gets. And if you don't agree with that, well then your definition of objectivity is inaccurate.

Thank you. Our players, unfortunately, receive more hate from the fans (especially on here) than they do in the national media. Everyone on here complains and crucifies national journalists who bash the skins (and rightfully so in many cases because it's clear the writers haven't researched) as a team, but yet it is our fans who berate all the individual players and say that they are garbage.

I don't get it. I love this team, and more specifically this year's team. I don't think there is a single selfish or undedicated player on the team. Different guys have different personalities but you accept it. DHall is not a cancer type player. He talks too much but at the end of the day he would deservedly start on almost any team in the league.

All I know is that he has a better win percentage in the playoffs than Peyton Manning. He wins when it counts. I think he's much better than people make him out to be. It's not just all about statistics.

The why did TH hurt your feelings?

Archived