Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Will Anyone ever wear 21 again?

Daaskins

So if you have that much apathy on the subject, then why are you so emphatically arguing against those to whom it is more than just a number?

What do you gain from that? Why can't you just let it be instead of adamantly opposing what others want to do as a tribute if it has, as you have literally stated, no impact on you whatsoever?

You obviously didn't read the original post.....im against it so it will just go away and so people won't constantly bicker over it. It'll just be over with. Make sense? Good.

You are annoying. And NC21 makes a good point.

And you are mature. If you can't see the philosophical truth that rests beneath all of this then I'm sorry. But no matter what happens with the numerical value of 21, Sean's memory will never die and its really not worth having people getting pissed at each other over. Let someone wear it.

---------- Post added December-11th-2011 at 07:06 PM ----------

And if they retired it itd go away. Works both ways.

Never going to happen.

You obviously didn't read the original post.....im against it so it will just go away and so people won't constantly bicker over it. It'll just be over with. Make sense? Good.

I think that you're having some trouble understanding that you are defeating yourself. You want it to go away, so you keep talking about it?

And you are mature. If you can't see the philosophical truth that rests beneath all of this then I'm sorry. But no matter what happens with the numerical value of 21, Sean's memory will never die and its really not worth having people getting pissed at each other over. Let someone wear it.

---------- Post added December-11th-2011 at 07:06 PM ----------

Nobody is arguing about the numerical value of the number. I don't think that you even know what you're arguing for or against. I don't know you very well, but you're coming off as someone who is just trying to start trouble to get attention. As ConnSKINS26 pointed out, it can get annoying, which it is.

This entire thread is a tribute to Sean, and you think this little of him to argue about the numerical value of 21 in a base 10 system? Again, I don't know you, but it's pretty disrespectful to hijack the thread to even have that discussion.

Ook then. :doh:

I mean you are right if they retire it, it would go away as well. But i think with this organization its more likely that someone would end up wearing it before it would be retired.

---------- Post added December-11th-2011 at 07:14 PM ----------

I think that you're having some trouble understanding that you are defeating yourself. You want it to go away, so you keep talking about it?

Nobody is arguing about the numerical value of the number. I don't think that you even know what you're arguing for or against. I don't know you very well, but you're coming off as someone who is just trying to start trouble to get attention. As ConnSKINS26 pointed out, it can get annoying, which it is.

This entire thread is a tribute to Sean, and you think this little of him to argue about the numerical value of 21 in a base 10 system? Again, I don't know you, but it's pretty disrespectful to hijack the thread to even have that discussion.

Like i said if you can't see through all that to see the truth of whats really going on here then I'm sorry. I'm not trying to hijack anything just make a deeper point about all the bickering over whether someone should wear it or not and if that would affect the memory of Sean.

Like i said if you can't see through all that to see the truth of whats really going on here then I'm sorry. I'm not trying to hijack anything just make a deeper point about all the bickering over whether someone should wear it or not and if that would affect the memory of Sean.

So you're arguing with me about bickering? Dude, just go to bed early and get some sleep.

We were arguing over bickering? Hm. News to me.

You seem like the kind of guy who clings to technicalities and needs to have the last word. That's why I said that you were annoying, and its proving to be true. You've got a death grip on the idea that only the literal value of a number is representative of its worth. You're trying to be philosophical (while also being frustratingly literal), and no one cares.

I'm sorry if I don't care to expound upon the reason why your mindset is ridiculous, in the context of this thread.

You seem like the kind of guy who clings to technicalities and needs to have the last word. That's why I said that you were annoying, and its proving to be true. You've got a death grip on the idea that only the literal value of a number is representative of its worth. You're trying to be philosophical (while also being frustratingly literal), and no one cares.

I'm sorry if I don't care to expound upon the reason why your mindset is ridiculous, in the context of this thread.

LOL. Ok. Whatever you say man. Just putting it out there. If you don't get it that's cool and you have the right to your opinion too. Good night.

I vote we just shut this thread down...too much emotion going on and usually good posters are gonna get banned over something stupid

Agree on the emotion part, but I haven't seen anything ban-worthy the last couple of pages. Just some nit-picking.

I vote we just shut this thread down...too much emotion going on and usually good posters are gonna get banned over something stupid

I had decided that yesterday and got busy, and forgot dammit. Meant to do it a couple times today after checking in and finding my eyes rolling once again. These ST threads, sadly, usually become like this, doing no one involved, or ST's memory, any favors IMO.

On the other hand, some folks may do well not to overlook the thought that an outside agency seems needed to handle the lack of self-control that you'd reasonably expect to be accessible to most adults.

Oh, and nobody PM me about this. :)

Archived