Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Everyday Dumb Questions You Need Answered

grhqofb5

Yes, or if you shifted the land masses over you could represent it with two vertical lines. But..... that's NOT how its represented on a globe. It's just one stupid line. Makes no sense. Why don't they just complete the damn circle and be done with it?

Because then it would be useless for stating where you are on an east west axis. Longitude would have two different meanings depending on which half of the meridian you chose.

---------- Post added November-18th-2011 at 12:29 PM ----------

Doesn't it become 180 degree marker once it goes over the south pole?

Exactly. The other side of the world is the halfway point. You are trying to decide where you are on a circle, so you pick one spot, not two.

chicken breast popularity causes excess wings, better question is why are chickens called birds and why do they have wings when they don't fly?

When is the last time you saw a flock of chickens fly over your house?

They are birds because they have wings, feathers, and two legs.

Just like an Emu, Kiwi and ostrich.

Their evolutionmade their wings unnecessary.

chicken breast popularity causes excess wings, better question is why are chickens called birds and why do they have wings when they don't fly?

Fun fact - we have bred turkeys to have such enormous amounts of breast meat that it has become difficult for them to stand up, and virtually impossible for them to, you know, do what turkeys do to create more turkeys, so theyhave to be artifically insemnated.

Chickens do indeed fly. Most chickens however have their wings clipped so that they will not fly.

how do you "type" the degree symbol? I used to know, and I could easily google it...but figured I'd take advantage of this thread. Free pass for dumb questions. :)

If using microsoft word, go to "insert" and then "symbol." Should be on the list somewhere.

---------- Post added November-18th-2011 at 02:21 PM ----------

meridians are polar. they all go through the origin (the poles) but shoot out at different angles. Lattitude lines, however, don't measure angles, but rather displacement from the equator.

So then what the name of the meridian directly across the globe from the prime meridian? Is it the Sub-Prime meridian?

(2) Why are there so many chicken wings out there? Have you ever wondered where they all come from? Think of it this way-- you order 50 chicken wings with your buddies for the game. That should equate to 25 chickens. Are we really supposed to believe that 25 chickens were used to produce these wings? Doesn't make sense. What happened to all the extra thighs?

It is not 25 chickens, as you get 4 wings per bird. It would only be 12.5 chiken per 50 wings If you get wings and drums. Now if you only get drums or wings then it would be 25 birds. I think my sis in-law gets all the thighs.

Archived