Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The difference between those who care and those who don't

jeffsays

But you put stock into everyone saying "he ran the wrong route?"

the only thing i believe is there was a miscommunication.

but if i had to make a guess i would say that the guy who is the first person in and last person out every day at practice and is in his second year in this system knows what's going on.

but if you want to believe a ****ty radio station and a guy who is struggling with the playbook, then you're more than welcome to.

the only thing i believe is there was a miscommunication.

but if i had to make a guess i would say that the guy who is the first person in and last person out every day at practice and is in his second year in this system knows what's going on.

but if you want to believe a ****ty radio station and a guy who is struggling with the playbook, then you're more than welcome to.

And Hank doesn't practice either? This whole first person in last person to leave nonsense has always been dumb to me. Most players work equally hard to perfect their craft whether it be QB, WR d linemen or whatever. All I know is that Hank is very humble and is a very hard worker. So you sitting here acting like he is some lazy dude that doesn't give a **** is just wrong and unfair to him. Different players have different ways to unwind.

The most unfortunate things about Hank's tweeting is that he managed to make himself the target of a whole subsection of pissed off fans looking for someone to pin their frustrations on, as if his bad play had any effect on the game whatsoever.

Ridiculous.

He's a bit immature, and I wish he tweeted like PD93. I wish every player did. But not every player is constantly talking about football, family, and working out, to their followers.

What most don't consider is that some players ARE smart enough to have figured out that no matter what they do in the weight room, on the field, or in the classroom, they can use twitter to generate some serious propaganda, regarding their own work ethic, personality, etc. And they take advantage of that to always be a fan favorite, by subtly bragging on their own work. You don't think they know that a tweet like "Just got out of the weight room 6 hours after practice ended, where I stayed late with the backup QB to get some extra reps...been using my playbook as a pillow at my desk every night. God I love this game." makes a fan like you or me wet ourselves in excitement? Obviously I'm exaggerating a little with that imaginary tweet, but its not too far off of some of the stuff you see--and sometimes, that stuff is obvious brown-nosing towards the fans and media that they KNOW is watching every little tweet, every little hashtag. Because we cream ourselves when they carry themselves the "right way" on twitter or facebook.

So then when you get a guy just being a young guy, like Hankerson, in maybe not the most savvy way, it REALLY sticks out. Open your eyes, people.

I know this won't go over well with some people, but I honestly don't think players should be able to tweet about anything football related. It's sad that it's come to that, but people will always misconstrue what was really meant/not meant by tweets.

Professional sports is unique in that these employees represent their company every day at any time. I don't think these players should be able to tweet without abiding to strict rules set by the team. If you want to have a private account, that's one thing, but 90% of the people who follow you are only doing so because you're representing the team.

Professional sports is unique in that these employees represent their company every day at any time. I don't think these players should be able to tweet without abiding to strict rules set by the team. If you want to have a private account, that's one thing, but 90% of the people who follow you are only doing so because you're representing the team.

I couldn't agree more.

[quote name=ConnSKINS26;8635283

So then when you get a guy just being a young guy' date=' like Hankerson, in maybe not the most savvy way, it REALLY sticks out. Open your eyes, people.[/quote]

It was the same thing with Jarvis Jenkins.

Yeah, does everyone remember when people were talking about how "ignorant" and "thuggish" Jenkins sounded Twitter after he was drafted, and he actually lashed out at this forum (among other fans) who called him that?

Then he showed up in camp like a beast. He's basically abandoned tweeting about anything personal and instead only really talks about football and working out, and all the sudden he's a fan favorite because he's got "drive and work ethic", when five months ago he was just being a young guy cracking jokes with his friends on Twitter and everyone was worried about his character.

Lump in the fact that there's dozens of fans ready to pounce on Hankerson for being a bust, who are almost gleeful in his lack of success thus far, and you have a recipe for disaster.

"Hank talks about playing Madden on Twitter! He must not be in his playbook!". Jesus, after an entire work day of watching film, attending meetings, working out and practicing, the LEAST a guy should be able to do is play Madden and unwind.

Hank's only mistake is that he tweets about it and gives fodder to the dozens of morons who are so eager to judge a guy they've never met based on something as dumb as the fact that he likes to play Madden.

Guys, if people are going to be judged based on what they write on the internet (especially when its one sentence) then most likely half the people posting here should be disqualified from having a job and the other half should be in a psych ward. If theres a pattern with Hankerson that's one thing but if this is all you've got, then its kind of an overreaction.

Alright, I'll admit it. When I made this thread I was upset about the loss and very upset about the miscommunication towards the end of the game. I understand that he is young, but he has to understand when he puts, "Wide receiver of the Washington Redskins" on his twitter profile, people will follow him because of that status.

So in a game where you possibly made a mistake to end a comeback attempt, if you are going to tweet you should probably say something along the lines of, "Tough game out there, working to get better" or something inspiring and positive to show the fans that follow you that you care about winning and losing.

Like many of you, I am tired of seeing players step out on that field and not give a s**t. I just used this thread to voice my frustration.

Alright, I'll admit it. When I made this thread I was upset about the loss and very upset about the miscommunication towards the end of the game. I understand that he is young, but he has to understand when he puts, "Wide receiver of the Washington Redskins" on his twitter profile, people will follow him because of that status.

So in a game where you possibly made a mistake to end a comeback attempt, if you are going to tweet you should probably say something along the lines of, "Tough game out there, working to get better" or something inspiring and positive to show the fans that follow you that you care about winning and losing.

Like many of you, I am tired of seeing players step out on that field and not give a s**t. I just used this thread to voice my frustration.

He doesn't owe it to the fans to tweet anything than whatever the frak pops into his mind.

If you follow him regularly, you'd probably know that when he tweets "What's up peeps?", it's usually his way of opening up his Twitter for questions from the fans. He does tweet about practice, working out, meetings, all that stuff. But usually he tweets "What's up peeps?" as his way to let fans know that the work day/game day has ended, and he has some time to answer questions from the fans.

Wide receiver for the Washington Redskins is what he is, not who he is. Yes, people follow him because he plays for this team, but that doesn't mean he has to be some robot tweeting remorseful feelings about a loss. No one likes to lose. That goes without saying

He doesn't have to say jack squat that's inspiring or positive to show the fans he cares. As a matter of fact, he shouldn't give two craps what this particular fanbase thinks, since they are so up and down on a week to week basis that you could be forgiven for thinking that large portions of this fanbase suffer from bi-polar disorder, going from manic to depressive at the drop of a frakking hat.

He's just a young man who tweeted something completely innocent that people are making too big a deal about. If you really need Hankerson tweeting "bummer, sorry for screwing up you guys!" to make you feel better about the loss, that's on you, not on him.

Archived