Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Is John Beck related to Glenn Beck? Not a joke.

Mr. Nostril

EDIT: Reid and Ngata are Mormon? Huh.

Yeah, Reid was even played and coached at BYU before going to Green Bay as QB coach in the 90s. It was during his time there that he converted to Mormonism.

Ngata is part of a HUGE number of Tongan Mormons. Lots of polynesians.

EDIT:

Everyone's given me one more reason to be proud to call myself a Redskins fan. Thanks.

Steve Young is a Mormon

Thanks, I have mormon friends. The question was rhetorical to the OP. You read the worst of what I wrote, like others and came charging like the light brigade.

Here's an easy paraphrase for you.

Doesn't JB deal with enough prejudice already, without adding this possible polarizing political nonsense on-top of it?

That's what I was posing to the op. But believe what you want.

---------- Post added October-19th-2011 at 10:19 AM ----------

but I really don't think that matters anyway.

Great, well just continue to think the worst possible.

There are plenty of misconceptions about mormonism, I've seen them first hand and this thread is trying to exploit Beck for other reasons than football ability. That was merely my point. But care on light brigade.

Morons aren't permitted to play football. As a QB you have to put your hands in a sinful place. They dont live in huts, but they like to hike.......weird.

Not sure exactly what you're saying here.

---------- Post added October-19th-2011 at 09:46 AM ----------

Great, well just continue to think the worst possible.

Don't worry man, I'm Mormon, and I understood what you were saying.

Until Mormons start strapping bombs to themselves and run into a McDonalds to blow it up, I don't see why some generate controversy with their religion. I had a friend in high school who was Mormon. His family was very nice and kind.
Don't start this :stop:

Guys, this is serious. We need to figure out if our Quarterback is related to Glenn Beck. Let's not get sidetracked with frivolities like whether or not religion is responsible for war.

I lol'd so hard at this.

Tried searching around a bit and the only link I could find with any relevance (other than the wikipedia mention) was to this thread haha.

The only contribution I'm gonna make to this mormon conversation is that there are a lot of hot mormons out in SLC.

---------- Post added October-19th-2011 at 11:50 AM ----------

If we want this offense to explode. We need a few MUSLIM backs and receivers!!! He He

don't go there

John Beck is mormon, which probably alienates him from most of the guys in the locker room already - isn't that enough? Notwithstanding this association.

That never seemed to be a problem for:

Steve Young

Haloti Ngata

Ty Detmer

Marc Wilson

Gifford Neilson

Todd Heap

Brett Keisel

and a myriad of other Latter Day Saints in the NFL. Why would this be a problem for John Beck?

---------- Post added October-19th-2011 at 08:59 AM ----------

To answer the question about whether John Beck is related to Glenn Beck, if they are it is very distantly. So, no, they aren't seeing each other at family reunions.

John Beck was raised in Arizona, and raised a member of the LDS Church.

Glenn Beck is a convert to the church, and was born in Washington state (raised a Catholic).

John Beck is mormon, which probably alienates him from most of the guys in the locker room already - isn't that enough? Notwithstanding this association.

If Beck was Jewish or Catholic, he could use guilt to get his teammates to rally around him. If he was Lutheran, he would talk **** about his teammates behind closed doors at home, then bring casseroles to practice for them. If he was Hindu, he could be reincarnated as an NFL quarterback.

If Beck was Jewish or Catholic, he could use guilt to get his teammates to rally around him. If he was Lutheran, he would talk **** about his teammates behind closed doors at home, then bring casseroles to practice for them. If he was Hindu, he could be reincarnated as an NFL quarterback.

lol...great post.

Don't worry man, I'm Mormon, and I understood what you were saying.

Thanks flow, I guess you're my only friend here.

A great number of my mormon friends that I became very close with, while Living in Utah for many years, dealt with a ton of isolation. What I witnessed a number of times is that, when people find out that you are mormon, they just don't talk to you. They ignore you.

It's not that they tell you to leave, they just smile and turn their back.

If isolation and misconception is not the very definition of alienation, I don't know what is.

Thanks flow, I guess you're my only friend here.

A great number of my mormon friends that I became very close with, while Living in Utah for many years, dealt with a ton of isolation. What I witnessed a number of times is that, when people find out that you are mormon, they just don't talk to you. They ignore you.

It's not that they tell you to leave, they just smile and turn their back.

If isolation and misconception is not the very definition of alienation, I don't know what is.

Some of this is their own doing. I spent a very odd 9 months of my life, renting a space in a very large house in Reseda, with a revolving door of anywhere from 9-20 tenants. At one point a Mormon girl moved in. I certainly had no intentions of excluding her. I was, at worst, curious about her Mormonism.

However, I never saw her. At all points when we were both at the place she was in her room. There were always people hanging out on the couches in the back porch, and she was never there. After less than a week, she moved out. She lived there in the morning, when I went to work, and she was gone. According the story told by people who were there, she left because she saw another guy who lived there smoking out of a bong.

Now, I don't think her reaction to the situation is unreasonably prudish. It was a crazy place to live and marijuana is illegal. I don't know that she felt isolated, but if she did, you can't say it wasn't self imposed.

Archived