Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Csnbayarea.com: 49ers' Rogers isn't dropping the ball

dachozenone

I've been drumming Rogers drum all those years, I always thought he was a more complete corner than De'Angelo Hall. It's sad to me that his hands were made out to be such a big issue, but clearly with the fans, and ownership that was a major issue that resonated. It didn't help that he had such an attitude issue, but to me that seemed to be a direct result of him not "feeling the love".

Rogers is a solid solid guy, and the scapegoating and vitriol he caught on this board is clearly at odds with how was being rated as a corner, and the skill set he possesses.

Good luck to Rogers, we missed out of a good corner that may not make the splashy plays, but he can cover zone and man to man, and he's one of the better tackling corners in this league.

Until last offseason, people on this board had Rogers rated as one of the best corners in the league. I never thought he was that good, but he got love from a lot of Redskins fans. It was his mouth that finally turned everyone against him. He made it clear that he cared more about money than anything else.

He was always an ok cover corner, but between his horrible attitude and his frequent drops, he deserved every bit of criticism he received. This was a guy drafted in the top 10. When you get drafted that high, "solid" isn't enough, you need to make plays. Carlos didn't.

Well, until he put on a 49ers uniform anyway...

You're right of course Botched, given that draft class (10 pro bowlers in the first round) solid isn't good enough. We could have done a lot worse considering that Rolle and Pacman were drafted ahead of him though.

Part of the problem when you're drafting based on need, you often miss out on superior players. Considering that Ware went two spots after Rogers and Rodgers went 24th just one spot ahead of Campbell, it's really painful to look back at that draft class as a Redskins fan.

Ever notice that when the media or announcers mention a trend or statistic, said trend or statistic has a habit of reversing? Almost immediately?

You mean like "The Cowboys haven't had a run of more than 8 yards this season" which announcers mentioned 46 times before and during the Cowboys game? I hope Felix Jones sent them a Thank You card for the assist.

It's the announcer's jynx, and it never seems to work in our favor.

You're right of course Botched, given that draft class (10 pro bowlers in the first round) solid isn't good enough. We could have done a lot worse considering that Rolle and Pacman were drafted ahead of him though.

Part of the problem when you're drafting based on need, you often miss out on superior players. Considering that Ware went two spots after Rogers and Rodgers went 24th just one spot ahead of Campbell, it's really painful to look back at that draft class as a Redskins fan.

Revis was in the same draft class...

Eh, whatever. I'm glad he's not a Redskin anymore. He can make claims like he didn't catch INTs here because he wasn't motivated to do so...really Carlos? Winning a playoff game in Seattle wasn't motivation enough to catch an EASY pick-6? :rolleyes: Whatever...clown.

Peace & bacon-grease, Stonehands. :ciao:

Archived