Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Eagles' Trent Cole out at least 2 weeks

benskins26

I am sorry that he is injured and would love to see the Williams vs Cole matchup because I want to see if Williams has truly developed more. But that is the breaks and if we win because of their injuries and bad breaks then so be it. It is about time that some other team get the injury bug and bad breaks, This team is due for some good luck. I know Eagle fans will use this to say that was the only reason why we won and all that. Turnabour is fair play in my eyes.

C'mon Bills!!

:cheers:

Here's to the eagles going into ralph wilson this sunday and getting themselves into a cage match with a pissed off bills team that just gave up a W to a bengals team they thought for sure they'd beat. Of course the bills beat down of the eagles will be real nice, but we really need the seahawks to pull off a miracle east coast victory this week to help the cause also.

I hate to be a negative nancy, but we didn't really take advantage of our last division opponent that was riddled with injuries and it got us an "L". I hope things will be significantly different in our favor this week, but lets not get carried away with the idea that we are definitely taking them down because they have some injuries. (Sorry, but some people need a dose of reality so they aren't jumping off of buildings Sunday night because they never saw the disappointment coming).

I hate to be a negative nancy, but we didn't really take advantage of our last division opponent that was riddled with injuries and it got us an "L". I hope things will be significantly different in our favor this week, but lets not get carried away with the idea that we are definitely taking them down because they have some injuries. (Sorry, but some people need a dose of reality so they aren't jumping off of buildings Sunday night because they never saw the disappointment coming).

True but at the same time, this team can show us something by driving a dagger in their hearts and snapping it off, I can't fault the fans for wanting to see it happen.

True but at the same time, this team can show us something by driving a dagger in their hearts and snapping it off, I can't fault the fans for wanting to see it happen.
Nor can I. Believe me, I would love to destroy the Eagles and get sweet revenge for last year's Monday Night Massacre. I just think some people are getting ahead of themselves thinking that this game is in the bag. It is still the Eagles, a divisional rival, and we all know that these games can be tough no matter what the records are. Also, they are in pure desperation mode. If we beat them this week, they are all but assured of being toast this season. Their desperation scares.

Nor can I. Believe me, I would love to destroy the Eagles and get sweet revenge for last year's Monday Night Massacre. I just think some people are getting ahead of themselves thinking that this game is in the bag. It is still the Eagles, a divisional rival, and we all know that these games can be tough no matter what the records are. Also, they are in pure desperation mode. If we beat them this week, they are all but assured of being toast this season. Their desperation scares.

Weren't they in desperation mode yesterday?

Weren't they in desperation mode yesterday?
Sure, but they are even more desperate now. And, to be fair, they were setting up to make a come back. The way they played and looked in the first half, to be that close in at the end shows they do have some fight in them. That offsides penalty at the end of the game was one of the most bone-headed mistakes I've seen a veteran player make in a long time (or at least since their running back decided to throw the ball last week. :) )

True, but if this team is ever going to get it's **** together and contend again, it needs to rise above the Monday night history and the other team's desperation or the last time we played @ 4:00 on an odd numbered day in an even numbered month, yadda yadda yadda. I have high hopes and a little cautious optimism that Shanahan and his well-known "my foot vs your ass" style is the guy to make that happen.

Professionalism, consistency, discipline- these are the things we have lacked and now are getting back, things that render all the tea leaf readings moot.

True, but if this team is ever going to get it's **** together and contend again, it needs to rise above the Monday night history and the other team's desperation or the last time we played @ 4:00 on an odd numbered day in an even numbered month, yadda yadda yadda. I have high hopes and a little cautious optimism that Shanahan and his well-known "my foot vs your ass" style is the guy to make that happen.

Professionalism, consistency, discipline- these are the things we have lacked and now are getting back, things that render all the tea leaf readings moot.

I agree with your entire post; I just worry that we are not quit there yet. And, it has been seen time and time again how poorly people react on this site after a loss. Never mind a loss of a game that most believed we would have no chance of losing. I know we are headed in the right direction as a team, but four weeks is not enough time to see how far we've made it in that direction.

Sure, but they are even more desperate now. And, to be fair, they were setting up to make a come back. The way they played and looked in the first half, to be that close in at the end shows they do have some fight in them. That offsides penalty at the end of the game was one of the most bone-headed mistakes I've seen a veteran player make in a long time (or at least since their running back decided to throw the ball last week. :) )

Desperation has nothing to do with it. Every team is desperate every week. The Eagles just plain suck this year. The league has figured out Vick, and their defense is a joke.

That said, every game is loseable for the Skins with The Sexy One making horrible decisions.

Archived