Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Redskins have already beat expectations by 50%

Burgold

Remember the bum who said that the Redskins would only win two games this year? Well, we've exceeded his prediction by fifty percent by the fourth game of the year :pfft:

Remember, those guys who said we'd win three games all year? Well, I guess the players can pack up and take the rest of the year off because they're done. :ols:

Remember those guys who said we had the worst qbing situation in the league... well, let me introduce you to the Indianapolis Colts.

It's kind of sad to be 3-1 and have a losing record with no hope and the year already over. It's also embarrassing how we couldn't overcome the loss of Portis, Haynesworth, and McNabb. McNabb is absolutely killing it over in Minnesota and Portis' blocking and dive plays are all anyone can talk about here. (okay, that was unfair, he had some great years here, but because of his lack of workout ethic and the toll the hits took on his body he was done. Should have been cut two years ago though)

Anyway, it sucks to see all the opponents of the 'skins pointing and laughing and crowing about how they were right and how we're the least talented team stuck forever in the basement.

Then again, we are fifty percent above expectations with the season only a quarter old. Maybe we we're seeing the start of something.

It's nice to see a 3-1 record. The pessimist in me wants to say it was nice being 6-2 under Zorn and you see how that turned out, but this team is 180 degrees different than that team. Totally different feel.

TOTALLY different feel ..... save for the comparison in a toothless O leaving points on the board as they hobble over the line. (I leave it and bask in being 3-1 atop the East.).

---------- Post added October-3rd-2011 at 07:28 AM ----------

Yeah, but if it were not for one hail mary and a bs face mask we'd be 4-0 so there :P

:ols: Touche my good man. :cheers:

Hail.

well, as fans on ES we get a peek at all the practices, players, coaches, interviews, etc. We get a better feel for the team than anybody else. all the analysts just see whats on the surface. They dont have enough time to scout each individual team like we as fans do. So, I cant really blame people for putting us in the gutter. We knew things were different because we focus our whole lives on this team.

Coming up is:

-Philly @ home

-Carolina on the road

-Buffalo on the road

-San Fran @ home

.....If we can come out of this 3-1 again and 6-2 over all, i think we would be in GREAT shape coming down the stretch. Even 5-3 wouldn't be so bad. Looks like we set up ourselves pretty well thus far.

well, as fans on ES we get a peek at all the practices, players, coaches, interviews, etc. We get a better feel for the team than anybody else. all the analysts just see whats on the surface. They dont have enough time to scout each individual team like we as fans do. So, I cant really blame people for putting us in the gutter. We knew things were different because we focus our whole lives on this team.

I wouldn't give us that much credit. Well, over half the board expected us to be trash and far too many wanted to "Suck for Luck" and many still probably do.

---------- Post added October-3rd-2011 at 08:33 AM ----------

Coming up is:

-Philly @ home

-Carolina on the road

-Buffalo on the road

-San Fran @ home

.....If we can come out of this 3-1 again and 6-2 over all, i think we would be in GREAT shape coming down the stretch. Even 5-3 wouldn't be so bad. Looks like we set up ourselves pretty well thus far.

Funny, this was supposed to be the soft part of the season and now it looks fairly daunting.

It's nice to see a 3-1 record. The pessimist in me wants to say it was nice being 6-2 under Zorn and you see how that turned out, but this team is 180 degrees different than that team. Totally different feel.

How is this team different? People keep wanting to say that but i don't think so. Yeah we went 6-2 in the beginning of the season under the zorn era because the oline opened up holes for portis and he carried us. Once teams figured that out and shut down the running game, we collapsed and our defense became exposed.

I see the same situation happening here. Our ground attack is the reason why we are winning and the defense is shutting down weak teams as would be expected (cardinals, rams). Rex is beating no one through the air. Nothing has changed. Same ole story, same ole ending. Teams will figure out to stack the box and make rex beat us (like they did with Campbell) and our overhyped defense that looks good against mediocre teams will get exposed by the good teams. We'll crawl to 7-9 or 8-8.

We already know whats going to happen.

6-2 would be nice but my gut instinct says that it won't happen. I see us being 5-3 after the 49ers game, but we'll see.

I was sitting next to the endzone in the first pre-season game and as soon as I saw that first drive I knew this was not a 3-13 or even a 5-11 team.

Funny, this was supposed to be the soft part of the season and now it looks fairly daunting.

mmmm, I wouldn't say its daunting, though its tougher than expected. Whats daunting is the last quarter of the season...

-NE @ home

-NYG on the road

-Minny @ home (They SUCK!!!!)

-Philly on the road

Philadelphia 1:00 PM Possible loss. Don't care what no one say's. Vick, Mccoy, Maclin and Desean Jackson can put up points. Our offense is anemic and we can't score

7 Sun, Oct 23 at Carolina 1:00 PM Not a gimme win. Newton has been throwing close to 400 yards each week against good secondary's. Our secondary is laughable. Hall, Wilson and Barnes. Rams recievers were open yesterday, they just dropped the ball. Easily could have destroyed us yesterday.

8 Sun, Oct 30 at Buffalo 4:05 PM Loss.High scoring offense, decent defense.AFC team

9 Sun, Nov 6 San Francisco 1:00 PM Not a gimme win either. Look what they did to philly yesterday.

10 Sun, Nov 13 at Miami 1:00 PM Okay, i'll give us a guaranteed win.

11 Sun, Nov 20 Dallas 1:00 PM Who knows. Tight divisional game. Still think we lose though

12 Sun, Nov 27 at Seattle 4:05 PM Win for us

13 Sun, Dec 4 NY Jets 1:00 PM Loss for us

14 Sun, Dec 11 New England 1:00 PM Loss for us

15 Sun, Dec 18 at NY Giants 1:00 PM Loss for us

16 Sat, Dec 24 Minnesota 1:00 PM Win but not an easy one

17 Sun, Jan 1 at Philadelphia Loss for us

Again, we easily may be 7-9 or 8-8

GHH, you're just mad that the Colts are going to get Luck. :ols:

Meh, I've always wanted Jones so it might work out yet. ;).

But on a wider scale, that's the bitter sweet thing about all this. We're winning despite Grossman, not because of him. And the more wins we get, the further away we take ourselves from solving that problem.

Loving the wins. Not loving how there coming around and the end result going forward in all that if it continues the same.

Hail.

Most of knew that we were better than a 4 or 5 win team, but I'm still not sold on this teams legitimacy. 3-1 is a very good record, but I feel like each week we have regressed. We looked excellent on opening day, but yesterday we didn't play very well.

I get what you're saying, but if If Rex didn't throw those picks, and the final score was 17-0, would you have a different opinon?

Most of knew that we were better than a 4 or 5 win team, but I'm still not sold on this teams legitimacy. 3-1 is a very good record, but I feel like each week we have regressed. We looked excellent on opening day, but yesterday we didn't play very well.

Nah, the offense (really the QB) has regressed. The Defense has improved IMO. And this has me feeling better than i felt last season. This is the reason why i see us only going 5-7 or 6-6 the remainder of the way.

Defensively we looked outstanding and each week a bit better. Offensively, it's tougher to argue with you, but the D has been getting stronger each week. They're getting closer and closer to shutting out the opponent.

Actually, we played very well.......

....... for 3 quarters. then things fell apart some before the defense pulled it out.

We need to do a better job on offense. I don't blame the defense (for now) for any shortcomings they may have shown. The offense is putting them in too many difficult situations.

How is this team different? People keep wanting to say that but i don't think so. Yeah we went 6-2 in the beginning of the season under the zorn era because the oline opened up holes for portis and he carried us. Once teams figured that out and shut down the running game, we collapsed and our defense became exposed.

If you can't see how this team is different than Jim Zorn's Redskins than there's no hope for you.

The defense has been doing exactly what they should be doing against mediocre teams, so I'm not sure what your point is there.

If you don't see it then there is nothing I can say to change your mind and you are welcome to have that opinion !

Okay, i'll point out to you some similarities from past Skins teams this decade:

Trash QB- Check

Lose games that are gift wrapped by teams and are there for the taking (Dallas)- Check

Random coaching brain fart to lose a game (Unnecessary blitz on 3rd an 21) against Dallas- Check

Poor special teams play, blocked field goals etc- Check

Players playing at pro bowl level one or 2 games then disappearing or not getting thrown to(Fred Davis)- Check

Looking like NFC East offensive contenders against the Giants and then look putrid against bottom of the barrel teams (Cardinals, Rams)- Check

Remember the guy who made me the bet we'd win only 3-4 games this season?

Oh you forgot, just check the link in my Signature

Might surprise you who it was considering how much he posts here and even in this thread

It feels great to write this, hahahaha

GHH, one more win buddy, one more win

Remember the guy who made me the bet we'd win only 3-4 games this season?

Oh you forgot, just check the link in my Signature

Might surprise you who it was considering how much he posts here

It feels great to write this, hahahaha

It was 4 as regards said bet. And 5 as I pointed out very early in that thread, but as you'd pounced on the 4 from my 4-5 win prediction in the other thread, 4 is what's up there. But 3 does give it even more dramatic effect I 'spose. Never let the whole truth get in the way of a good tale.

Nice to see you spring back into life after last week's loss having you (not) conspicuous by your absence.

Hail.

*Edit* Two more wins genius. I'll forward you an abacus if that will help.

Archived