Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Cowboys: hello Laurent Robinson; goodbye Bryan McCann

royallypwned

Wide Receiver Miles Austin is expected to win at least one game with a strained hamstring. He could possibly miss two games and be out until after the bye week. As a result the Cowboys re-signed receiver Laurent Robinson, who signed before the Jets game but then suffered a hamstring injury.

Did the author really mean to write "Austin expected to miss at least one game with a hamstring injury?" b/c winning a game with a hamstring injury doesn't make much sense with the second sentence. I know the literacy rate is low in TX but damn... at least hide it deeper in the article.

Don't like this. McCanns made some big plays in his short career with Dallas.. He can run with any reciever in the league and I feel like he has some potential. Wouldn't be surprised if he goes somewhere else and has a solid career. But, I understand why they had to do it, this move tells me Miles hamstring is serious enough he won't play til after the bye, and that there's a chance Bryant doesn't Monday night.

It also implies that Newmans healthy and ready to play, or else they wouldn't of been able to make a move like this. Although I think this move begs the question.. Why did we not cut Frank Walker instead!? I guess the Cowboys don't feel the way about McCann that I do.

I hope McCann signs with the Lions and dominates the Cowboys in two weeks.

I think that Newman will play which makes him expendable. All you need to see what they thought of McCann was they just signed Frank Walker off the street and he was playing in the Nickle and McCann wasn't.

I also think this means that Austin is out until after the bye and Bryant is a definite question for Monday.

They cut him for the simple fact that thought Frank Walker was a better option right now.

1-Newman

2-Jenkins

3-Walker

4-Ball

That's how it looks until Scandrick comes back.

you mean until newman hurts his groin eating breakfast sunday morning?

1-Jenkins

2-Walker

3- Ball

4-Ware

McCann that physical freak track-star guy who was really raw, but had ridiculous potential? I remember reading about that last year or the year before. If so, I guess that project didn't work out.

---------- Post added September-21st-2011 at 10:53 AM ----------

If he makes it to Sunday with out getting hurt, I will praise jesus.

He will be hurt by the end of the 1st quarter, re hurt his groin and miss another 7 weeks.

Worse 8 million dollars a year Jerry Jones ever spent.

He'll probably make it to Sunday without getting hurt. Doubtful he makes it through Monday though.

Worse 8 million dollars a year Jerry Jones ever spent.

especially when you consider that they could have taken the $8 million that they gave Newman, and instead put it into an offer for Namdi. Odds are that Namdi is wearing a star now. Such a poor decision, I find it extremely frustrating.....

especially when you consider that they could have taken the $8 million that they gave Newman, and instead put it into an offer for Namdi. Odds are that Namdi is wearing a star now. Such a poor decision, I find it extremely frustrating.....

The 8 million we could of saved by cutting Newman was already factored into the offers we were making to Nnamdi. We just couldn't beat the Eagles offer, where apparently is where he wanted to go all along anyways even with Newmans 8 million to offer.

I'm fine with not landing Nnamdi, because I don't believe this team is an elite corner away from winning the SB. Most of the moves Dallas made in the offseason were geared towards getting the cap in line because we have a ton of dead money on the cap next year.

Anyone have an answer to this? I'm genuinely curious:

Is McCann that physical freak track-star guy who was really raw, but had ridiculous potential? I remember reading about that last year or the year before. If so, I guess that project didn't work out.

Archived