Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Homer: Rex Grossman is a modern day Al Bundy, but here's why his teammates support him

themurf

Dude, your story instincts and writing is notably better than many featured on national marquees. I loved the opening observation of an apparently minor event having very meaningful inferences. As fans (and as excellent fodder your future scribeliness :pfft:) think of how much fun it would be for a big part of this season's story to center around "Grossman's great performance at QB." <deep breaths>

For all the talk outside of our nation’s capital about how Grossman is destined for mediocrity, he’s now 21-14 as a starter for his career and, most importantly to ‘Skins fans, he’s now thrown for 300 yards in three of his four starts in Washington.

Not bad for a player who reached the 300-yard mark only once before joining the burgundy and gold.

I would never have guessed this in a million years honestly. Maybe it is just a match made heaven and the system is a perfect fit.

Dude, your story instincts and writing is notably better than many featured on national marquees. I loved the opening observation of an apparently minor event having very meaningful inferences. As fans (and as excellent fodder your future scribeliness :pfft:) think of how much fun it would be for a big part of this season's story to center around "Grossman's great performance at QB." <deep breaths>

Jumbo, you've always been incredibly supportive of me over the years and for that I sincerely thank you. It honestly means a lot to me. This one was a little different than usual because, as others have pointed out, I am not the biggest Rex Grossman fan in the world. I do believe he's the best guy for the job this year, but I also know he can have a four turnover game just as easily as his four touchdown effort last year. So I basically wanted to ask some folks for their thoughts on a guy they have to deal with a lot more than me and this was a result of those conversations. I don't pretend to have all the answers - especially for a place like Redskins Park where the questions change daily. But writing stuff like this for fans like you is something I absolutely enjoy doing, so thanks again for reading my nonsense.

The Redskins don’t need big names on the roster anymore. Those days are gone. This time around, they’re turning to guys like Grossman, who might not be all that glamorous, but they can get the job done when it matters.

Murf I always enjoy your posts. A recomendation to all; make sure you go and read the entire article. I think Murf summed up how most fans are feeling with the above quote that ended his piece.

The idea that we have been through at least a decade of being the offseason champs is something that should be a thing of the past. Building this team through the draft and the proper free agent signings should be our present and future.

I just have one bone to pick...Although Rex is not glamorous; he's still "sexy-rexy", right? :silly:

I will readily admit that before the "official" start of the offseason, I was probably one of the most pessimistic posters on this board about our teams outlook for this season, and pegged us as a 4-12 team, latgely due to the big ass question mark at the QB position. I'm happy to know that I underestimated everyone.

If we can get a W this week, and find a way to get past Dallas on MNF, all with Rex still slinging it, then I will officially become a believer. I'm happy for him, and I hope he keeps it up. I want him to be the solution at quarterback, for the simple fact that I'm so tired of seeing a different dude starting at the helm seemingly every other year. The insanity has to stop. Though I have tried my best to ignore it, everything points to the fact that we may finally have the right players, the right coaches, the right system, and the right QB to make this thing work.

Archived