Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Two UHAUL trucks stolen In Temple Hills MD

DButz65

I think everybody's on edge this weekend. We lost power here at my house for about an hour around 8:00 tonight. I walked outside when it went dark and figured i'd take a look around and thats when I started hearing sirens going off. I gotta admit, because its 9/10 today, one of my first thoughts was that I need to go for a drive and see just how far power is out (there's 2 different providers in the area and the boundary line is not far from my neighborhood). Fortunately I didn't have to go far to realize that the other service provider was still up and running and after a few minutes I found an accident that seemed to be the culprit. For a minute there I seriously thought of the possibility of someone taking out a power plant or something along those lines, and unless you have access to get the news without electric, you really don't have any way of knowing if something like that has occurred or if it was simply an accident down the street as it was in my circumstance.

I admit. My first thought of the earthquake was a terrorist attack. I was expecting to see a mushroom cloud when I went outside and looked to the northeast.

Completely forgot about that. It' s been awhile since the last time I was on here. I was actually asleep when it first started. I woke up to the entire house literally shaking, so I jumped out of bed and flew down the stairs, and then that was when the floor started moving, which was then that I realized it was an earthquake. I literally had to hold on to the bathroom door to keep from falling down. But yeah, like you said, my first thought was nuclear explosion. The entire thing just felt unnatural. After the initial shaking subsided, you could literally hear that roaring sound as it went off in another direction.

Absolutely crazy.

Archived