Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Two UHAUL trucks stolen In Temple Hills MD

DButz65

Prince George's County Police have advised that two empty U-Haul vans were stolen from a Temple Hills location on Saturday. Police have asked the public to call 911 if they see either of the two vehicles. Both have Arizona license plates, one with the number AE15192 and the other AE10807. Repost this to your Facebook wall and be on the lookout.

http://www.nbcwashington.com/news/local/Looking-for-Stolen-Uhauls-in-MD-129588613.html

Doesn't seem like a hard solution: set up checkpoints everywhere and stop every UHaul

Yep, and I saw a U-Haul pulled over a few hours ago.

Or, the whole caper (there's a word you never hear anymore) could be a diversion, so that the real suspect vehicle can escape notice.

Or, it could be nothing, as twa said.

Maybe, but September 10th would be the most idiotic time to decide to steal vans so you could move.

Yeah, I was going to say the same thing. Doing something like that so close to an area where there is going to be a considerably heightened police presence isn't exactly going to increase your chances of success, but then again, people are that stupid.

OK, then perhaps some employees got too liberal with the use of the Uhauls and one of their managers decided to report them stolen. Would be a more likely scenario.

... or, maybe the management of the Uhaul company has a terrible time keeping track of inventory and it's all a mistake.

---------- Post added September-10th-2011 at 08:02 PM ----------

also, why the hell doesn't Uhaul install Lo-jack on all of its vehicles?

Maybe, but September 10th would be the most idiotic time to decide to steal vans so you could move.

Which doesn't rule out the possibility of a dumb criminal.

Still, I wouldn't be amazed if every U-Haul in the DC area had some kind of GPS tracking on it. Just a thought.

Archived