Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NJ.com:Giants middle linebacker Jonathan Goff lost for season with torn ACL

Big Blue Joe

Link.

For the Giants, incredibly, it can get worse.

And it just has.

After losing three cornerbacks, defensive tackle Marvin Austin and backup linebacker Clint Sintim to season-ending injuries in the past month, the Giants will now be without their starting middle linebacker Jonathan Goff, who suffered a torn anterior cruciate ligament, according to someone informed of the injury. The person requested anonymity because the Giants haven't yet commented on the situation.

Someone else informed of the specifics of the injury, who also asked not to be named, said Goff knocked knees with a teammate in practice on Monday. He left to ice his knee, but was still having issues today, so he went for an MRI that revealed the full extent of the injury.

Ok. Which one of you has the voodoo doll?

Karma is a *****.

Coughlin was talking about the long injury list that accompanied the 4-12 record in Fassel’s final season, when he said that injuries can be a “cancer,” and suggested that some players get comfortable in the training room. “It is something that has to be corrected,” Coughlin said. “It is a mental thing, I believe, as much as it is anything else.”

Sadly I think we'll miss Landry a lot more than the Giants will miss Goff. It could be a fun game this year; a good but injury-riddled defense on one side, a largely rebuilt defense on the other, Eli looking uncomfortable in preseason, and who knows which Rex, good or bad, will turn up.

"“It is something that has to be corrected,” Coughlin said. “It is a mental thing, I believe, as much as it is anything else.” "

Coughlin is saying that the injuries are "Mental" as much as anything?

Wow, sounds a little like Vinny describing Chris Samuels a couple years ago right before he retired for good.

"“It is something that has to be corrected,” Coughlin said. “It is a mental thing, I believe, as much as it is anything else.” "

Coughlin is saying that the injuries are "Mental" as much as anything?

Wow, sounds a little like Vinny describing Chris Samuels a couple years ago right before he retired for good.

That quote is from the press conference when TC was hired in 2004. I believe he was referring to how the Giants basically quit on Fassel in '03 and there were alot of lingering "injuries" on the team. I don't think he was referring to injuries such as torn acls. That said, it was a pretty stupid thing for him to say and it has been brought back up almost every year whenever the giants lose players.

Archived