Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Taking Redskins Defense in Fantasy: Homer pick or Smart?

Chase M

I took Detroit in one league, late-ish, but they're not a sleeper IMO.

I also took a flyer on ours, with my last pick, as a back-up D. Stranger things have happened, and, I'll drop them for an emerging D if they don't look good.

Fwiw, I see the Gregg Williams' D as the ultimate bend-no-break D, and as such, not much of a scorer. This D, once it gets set, will be a fantasy scorer.

I normally steer clear of the Skins D. However, this year seemed different to me so I went ahead and selected them. I just feel like Banks on Special Teams gives me a chance for 6 everytime he drops back. I also feel that our secondary is much improved and I feel Hall and Atogwe will put up some numbers. Not to mention Orakpo and Kerrigan. I just have a feeling the Skins D will be a sleeper this year...

i picked them up, all the top defenses are gone, i had Arizona, and was tempted to pick up Detroit, but the thing that put me over the top?

Brandon Banks

I get returns for him. I think the defense will be decent to good this year, but Banks returns sells it for me.

It took 25 posts to say that name....embarrassing, lol.

I took them, but I always carry two defenses and I picked the Patriots defense first. I'll cut them loose if they end up stinking and I'll ride or die with the Redskins.

That being said, I was ahead by 19 points, I had the Redskins defense and my opponent was finished....easy win right? The Redskins Defense score (-18)... I won by one point, lol.

No reason you should ever draft the Skins D unless you are in a 14 team league and wait until the last around. First, no one will draft them. Second, if you wait until round 14 then you are better off drafting on a weekly basis (aka Houston first week against Manning-less Colts). The Skins have a relatively soft middle schedule so you could pick them up for a few weeks there.

I can't believe people consider drafting them.

Homers.

I took Hightower, Moss(as a flex) and the Skins D as most top 10 were gone....i think we'll have turnovers and if you get return TDs(I don't as we switched to individual player yardage and points for the return game) you should take them with Banks going to break some TDs all year.

if Landry was healthy, I'd say take a shot. No way in hell I'd risk it with everyone else on the waiver wire. You've got a lot of other safer options, but again, you could take the risk and hope they create a lot of TO's and get Sacks/INT's. I wouldn't if we're strictly talking fantasy based on the fact that, depending on waiver priority, you can grab a better D (on paper of course).

Archived