Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Taking Redskins Defense in Fantasy: Homer pick or Smart?

Chase M

So I already picked up Hightower for my RB postion (100% Homer Pick) but when it comes to defense I feel it's the toughtest position to judge for a Fantasy pick. Baltimore was the only defense drafted during our leagues draft, everyone else just waited till waivers. If I could remember correctly I've only played the Redskins D once before and I swore to myself never again, but I truly believe this year we could have a top 5 Defense. Would it be a homer pick for me to pick up our D? or would it be a sleeper pick, a steal, smart of me to pick them up opposed to waiting till after week one. My fear is that if the Redskins D comes out blazing on Sunday and someone higer on waivers notices and swoops them up before me.

What should I do Redskins fam?

#1 What Defenses are left, I think you said only Bmore was taken? I would imagine its definitely a sleeper pick and a steal, considering we finished 29th last year and most people go by that... would be a solid pick IMO, as long as we stay healthy. I see a top 10 D out there, top 5 in the NFC

#1 What Defenses are left, I think you said only Bmore was taken? I would imagine its definitely a sleeper pick and a steal, considering we finished 29th last year and most people go by that... would be a solid pick IMO, as long as we stay healthy. I see a top 10 D out there, top 5 in the NFC

All Defences are left besides Baltimore but no one else really stands out to me. (Mabe Philly but I'd never choose any player of any NFC East Rival)

Thats a total Homer pick. Look at the stats - the Skins have never posted even a top 10 Fantasy D in the last 10 years. They have had Defenses that allowed very low PPG but never got sacks, TOs and other things that relate to POINTS. Why would you give up points for your FFT when that is what it is ALL about? If you want to go homer - go RB or TE. You could have had GB - THEY put up FF points on Defense not the Skins ever.

All Defences are left besides Baltimore but no one else really stands out to me. (Mabe Philly but I'd never choose any player of any NFC East Rival)

Philly's ILB's are extremely weak and will be ran over if they don't fix it. I'd be willing to bet that the Lions are top 5, and you can't go wrong with the Steelers either. There's still the Packers which will probably be #1, Falcons and Bears are dominant... and the Patriots will be unstoppable if their safeties hold up. Lots of good choices out there

I picked the Skins D this year too. I pick em every year and usually drop em once the kool-aid runs dry. Although, last year up until about week 8 they led the league in turnovers. I figure with actual starting caliber defensive lineman we should be back to top 10ish.

Not to mention another CB that has hands, and a FS that can tackle and also has hands! FWIW - Josh Wilson is more of a ballhawk than DHall in Madden lol. im averaging 2 INT's a game with J. Wilson

If only Bmore is taken and you want a very good defense, then i would not waste a pick on the skins defense. you could probably wait until the last round of the draft and still pick the redskins defense (this is what i did) and get higher value out of a RB or WR that is still on the board since the difference in value for defenses is usually not as wide as the gap between WRs or RBs. i think a good strategy (especially given the fact that you have a bye week for each D) is to pick up a defense in the last round that you think is best available, and if they dont pan out then you can always pick new defenses every week depending on the matchup.

I'd take the Skins over Dallas, Houston, Giants, and a host of other teams.

Just because the team hasn't done well in years past is no reason to think they won't this year.

They changed to a 34 to have more impact on defense, which means more fantasy points from sacks and turnovers.

Also, year two and better personnel.

GB, PIT, or PHI are your safest bets. I ended up with the skins d in both my leagues, but they're definitely a late round flyer. My guess is they're a slightly better fantasy d than actual d. Probably around middle of the pack, though they could crack the top 10.

I had my draft last night. I almost picked the Skins being a homer of course, and with potential.......

I ended up choosing Detroit with plenty of big name D's still on the board. Boy did I get laughed at. Here's hoping I get the last laugh.

Detroit is a good pick

So I already picked up Hightower for my RB postion (100% Homer Pick) but when it comes to defense I feel it's the toughtest position to judge for a Fantasy pick. Baltimore was the only defense drafted during our leagues draft, everyone else just waited till waivers. If I could remember correctly I've only played the Redskins D once before and I swore to myself never again, but I truly believe this year we could have a top 5 Defense. Would it be a homer pick for me to pick up our D? or would it be a sleeper pick, a steal, smart of me to pick them up opposed to waiting till after week one. My fear is that if the Redskins D comes out blazing on Sunday and someone higer on waivers notices and swoops them up before me.

What should I do Redskins fam?

I had my draft last night. I almost picked the Skins being a homer of course, and with potential.......

I ended up choosing Detroit with plenty of big name D's still on the board. Boy did I get laughed at. Here's hoping I get the last laugh.

High Risk High Reward

Archived