Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Dallas will win the NFC EAST

bh32

According to the dumb ass Dallas fans they will win the NFC EAST,Because they got younger on the OL and Rob Ryan has been playing basic schemes..LOL. OH Yeah can you imagine,Jones,Austin,Witten,Dez running wild on everyone? They can't be stopped..Im sorry,But your team looks like absolute **** Dallas fans..Don't give me the excuse it is preseason,You have played some of the worst teams in the NFL and haven't impressed..HAHAHA

When pigs fly

The only way they'll win the NFC East is with some ninja text ;)

SEriously though, what is hidden from that post is 3rd or 4th best record in the NFC East. No way they are winning the East. Not with that defense, and not with that quarterback.

i can be as positive as any, and I like The Cowboys state of the team right now, for the future, not the immediate present! I dont like all their moves they have made, but i overall like what is happening right now...........and that being said, this is not a division winning team. Not a playoff team at the moment either......

To me right now, this Dallas Team is a 9 win team at the most if they can stay healthy and play up to and past their talent level,. They will have no problems on the off side of the ball and will prolly end up one of the top 5-6 off teams in terms of points and yards. The def side of the ball is where they will need to exceed their talent level to be a 9 win team. As good as some of their stars are, they have pieces of that puzzle that just aren't very good.

The passing defense will be a downfall once again, and that is not to say that they will be in the 30-32 range vs the pass. The Dallas defense will be middle of the road in total yards against and 20-25 vs the pass. and around 10-15 VS the run. They will be right ion the middle 15-16-ish in points against. Where they will be really bad at? 3rd down conversions. when teams are facing 3rd and passing distance, they will not have a problem finding the open WR.....that due to some of the 3rd down schemes and what the corners will be asked to do.

7-9 to 9-7 ...........and that is my 8/30 prediction, subj to change after the first 4 games of the season are complete

How did cowboy fans get suckered into believing Rob Ryan is a good coach? The guy has had one top 20 Defense his entire career! Espn always talks about his "blitz schemes".. uh who cares when you have one of the worst secondaries in the league. Now they have 3 rookies (1st rounder, 7th rounder!, undrafted!) starting on their oline, they are going to be terrible again.

The Cowboys aren't saying it publicly, but its pretty clear this is a rebuilding year. They've finally abandoned the 'bigger = better' philosophy on the OL, and the transformation happened faster than anybody could have imagined. Kosier is the only starter left from the OL that took the field for the butt-whippin in Minnesota at the end of the 2009 season. They've gotten younger and smaller. They're starting to look like the old Alex Gibbs/Mike Shanahan lines from back in the day.

But they're a long way from contending this year. If Jenkins and Newman ever get on the field, the defense may marginally improve. Hatcher is the only guy on the DL who looks like he's ready to play. The offense will be good enough to put up some points, so they might win a few shootouts. I'm still going with 8-8, but that's really picking with my heart.

How did cowboy fans get suckered into believing Rob Ryan is a good coach? The guy has had one top 20 Defense his entire career! Espn always talks about his "blitz schemes".. uh who cares when you have one of the worst secondaries in the league. Now they have 3 rookies (1st rounder, 7th rounder!, undrafted!) starting on their oline, they are going to be terrible again.

no. Not suckered. The man has been in the league a while, both as position coach and a coordinator. He isn't horrible. He has a track record of having worked in this league. I'm not at all saying the man is Rex Ryan and is going to have a top 5 defense. But Its not like he is a big fat nobody that has laid around homeless his whole life and got a shot out of nowhere.

Bellicheat thought enough of him to hire him as LB coach in his first year at NE.......So since 2000 he has been in the NFL solid as a coach/cord.

Rob Ryan isn't a savior. He's a guy who has experience with the 3-4 and was available. If he performs some kind of miracle with the Cowboys defense, he'll get a head coaching gig. But that won't happen this year. He just doesn't have the horses. The Cowboys are really getting pushed around up front. I like Ratliff, Spears, Hatcher, Brent, and Coleman, but they're getting blown off the ball in the running game and very little pressure on the QB in the preseason. Brooking is old, James still can't cover, "Almost" Anthony is about to lose his job. Elam is an upgrade over Ball, so the 2ndary may have gone from "worst ever" to "****ty".

The one thing I've seen that gives me some hope is that they seem to be forcing teams to settle for FG attempts fairly often, even though they're giving up lots of yards and looking pretty bad doing it.

Rob Ryan isn't a savior. He's a guy who has experience with the 3-4 and was available. If he performs some kind of miracle with the Cowboys defense, he'll get a head coaching gig. But that won't happen this year. He just doesn't have the horses. The Cowboys are really getting pushed around up front. I like Ratliff, Spears, Hatcher, Brent, and Coleman, but they're getting blown off the ball in the running game and very little pressure on the QB in the preseason. Brooking is old, James still can't cover, "Almost" Anthony is about to lose his job. Elam is an upgrade over Ball, so the 2ndary may have gone from "worst ever" to "****ty".

The one thing I've seen that gives me some hope is that they seem to be forcing teams to settle for FG attempts fairly often, even though they're giving up lots of yards and looking pretty bad doing it.

Rob Ryan got the job because of his Dad and his brother being Buddy and Rex and nothing more. Jerry thought that Rob would have the same style of defense that his Dad and brother run and that he would restore the Dallas defense. But look at Rob Ryan's record as a DC and he sucks. He managed to have a defense rated #2 when he was with the Raiders other than that his defenses were rated at the highest being #22 and the low of #32 never hitting close to even a top 15 defense. With the Cowboy's bad O-line and bad defense they will be lucky to win 6 games again this year.

yes....better, or shall i say IMPROVED red zone defense will help.

Your rioght on the money on the def and the coaching, if rob gets this current defensive roster into a top 10 then he will be in line for a coaching gig for sure, but thats not going to happen with the stable of players he has unfortunately

Rob Ryan got the job because of his Dad and his brother being Buddy and Rex and nothing more. Jerry thought that Rob would have the same style of defense that his Dad and brother run and that he would restore the Dallas defense. But look at Rob Ryan's record as a DC and he sucks. He managed to have a defense rated #2 when he was with the Raiders other than that his defenses were rated at the highest being #22 and the low of #32 never hitting close to even a top 15 defense. With the Cowboy's bad O-line and bad defense they will be lucky to win 6 games again this year.

Ryan has only DC'd for the Raiders and the Browns, 2 of the least talented and most offensively inept teams of the modern era. His defenses were probably out on the field typically for 70+ plays per game, usually defending a short field, and almost always playing from behind. Total yards isn't the only way to judge a DC's competence. Like I said, he's not a savior, but he's certainly coordinated a 3-4 defense in the past, and looked good doing it on occasion. Also, he and Garrett apparently get along. Don't expect his defense to rank in the top 15 this year, either, but Bill Belichick, Gunther Cunningham, Buddy Ryan and the ghost of Jim Johnson couldn't get that group into the top 15.

And 6 wins is probably realistic. I'm hoping they'll go at least .500 at home vs. the Eagles, Giants, Redskins, Lions, Rams, Seahawks, Bills, and Dolphins. They've got winnable games on the road at SF, AZ, maybe WAS and NYG. So, 6 wins is certainly reasonable, but 8 wins is possible, and I'm a fan, after all. I no longer think that Garrett's job depends on improving on last years record of 6-10, but I'm hoping they will anyway.

I don't blame the Cowboys for dumping aging, overpaid players. But 3 rookies, all unproven, 1 NFL start between them, one of them went undrafted.

Man, I didn't think anyone was capable of losing their mind after already losing their mind. But Jerruh has done it. Not even Al Davis was this crazy.

Hitting on 3 rookie lineman is like hitting the lottery.

There's no way the Cowboys break .500, let alone win the NFC East this season. No way.

Ryan has only DC'd for the Raiders and the Browns, 2 of the least talented and most offensively inept teams of the modern era. His defenses were probably out on the field typically for 70+ plays per game, usually defending a short field, and almost always playing from behind. Total yards isn't the only way to judge a DC's competence.

There is no area of defense in which Rob Ryan's units excelled in or even played well. Points, yards, sacks, yards per play...

Also, see what Gregg Williams did in 2004 with the Redskins to see a quality DC having to deal with an inept offense with a lack of talent. Rob Ryan never gets his guys to play above their talent level.

Finally, if Ryan's defenses are always working with a short field, they would have ranked higher in terms of yards per game. Points per game might have been low, but if the opposition is constantly starting on your side of the field, the MOST yardage they'd get in a drive would be 45 yards. I think it's probably more likely that Rob Ryan's defenses ranked low in terms of yards per play allowed than it being that his defenses had to constantly play on short fields.

That being said, I've not heard too many Cowboys fans claim they're gonna win the division, to be honest.

The only reason I think the Cowboys are even going to be in the hunt for the division are the weaknesses of the other NFCE teams right now. Injuries to the Giants secondary have completely decimated them to where they could end up with a worse pass defense than the Cowboys. The Eagles made a lot of splashes this offseason, but they still are very weak up the middle against the run, and their o-line could easily be the worst in the division, Vick has been taking some serious shots already and I doubt he'll be able to hold up all year. The Redskins are certainly moving in the right direction, but I think they'll need another year and a real QB before they can be expected to do much.

Which fans? Fans on forums, friends you know or the media? I'm sorry, but you just made a broad statement. Most of the Dallass fans in here have been saying they won't. Mostly, it's been about Philthy winning it.

All of the above, hell you've got dallas fans in this very thread saying he's going to improve thier D. If that guy's last name wasn't Ryan he would be coaching college ball somewhere. Dallas fans use the excuse "well he didnt have talent" ... outside of Ware, the defense is below average. Who cares about past probowls when you fall completely off the cliff next season.

Take Mike Jenkins for example, the guy was outplayed by Scandrick his rookie year, puts together a good second half of the season his sophmore year (2nd alternate probowl selection) , then reverts back to form year 3. Cowboy fans will overlook that he only went to the probowl due to other CB injuries, and say he is a probowler coming of a lackluster year. Disregarding the fact that he has shown repeatedly that he lacks heart (remember that giants game?) and has only played adequetly in a handful of games.

Who knows how the season will play out. I watched pretty much every preseason game involving the NFC East. While preseason isn't a carbon copy of how the real season plays out, one can get a decent feel of what could happen and what strengths and weaknesses each team will have. We look like the best team in the NFC East so far. Dallas looks like they will have a good offense, not great, but good. That will keep them in a lot of games. The Cowboys defense however looks pretty bad. Their D looks like it's going to struggle a lot.

Every fanbase thinks their team is poised to do better than it actually is. The strengths are overblown, the weaknesses are glossed over and the question marks are all answered with a resounding yes. And your opponents strengths are underemphasized, their weaknesses overblown and their question marks are answered with resounding laughter. No fanbase, not even the team that will end up the #1 overall draft pick, thinks it's remotely possible that their team will do any worse than 7-9. And every divisional opponent is going to crash and burn.

That being said, the Skins are back baby and the Cowboys are going to suck!!!!

Archived