Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2011 Taking it to the Bookies Thread

Tour of Duty

Skins -4.5 and Ravens -7 so far.
Those seem like good choices to me. Not sure what the Steelers' line is, but I could also see them covering.

---------- Post added September-17th-2011 at 03:36 PM ----------

Those seem like good choices to me. Not sure what the Steelers' line is, but I could also see them covering.
Ok, just saw where the Steelers are favored by 14.5. While I think they cover that, I don't really like betting on huge lines.

I'd be shocked if the Ravens don't cover. The Titans looked gawd awful last week.

^^^^^ Dallas is pretty dinged up after yesterday's game. The line's already dropped to 5.5 (either that or the Skins are getting some respect from the books).

The line dropped. But even at 5.5 I would take it.

EDIT: I did bet at 6.5 though, I knew it would be high after the win and at home for them. I would put this game at Redskins -1.

The line dropped. But even at 5.5 I would take it.

EDIT: I did bet at 6.5 though, I knew it would be high after the win and at home for them I would put this game at Redskins -1.

come again? Why would the Skins be favored on the road? Methinks you need to set aside your homerism when gambling. We struggled against a marginal Cards team at home and while we did squander some opportunities, the line at -5.5 for the Cowboys is probably only slightly overinflated given their injuries. In no way should the Skins be favored based on what both squads have shown the first 2 games. of course I would LOVE to be proven wrong on this topic (Skins by 21 baby!).

---------- Post added September-19th-2011 at 10:30 PM ----------

Well, that puts me at 1-4 this year so far.

Taking it easy this week, Jets -4.5.

where did you get that spread? I bet this game earlier today and got it at Jets -3 ? Just wondering....

come again? Why would the Skins be favored on the road? Methinks you need to set aside your homerism when gambling. We struggled against a marginal Cards team at home and while we did squander some opportunities, the line at -5.5 for the Cowboys is probably only slightly overinflated given their injuries. In no way should the Skins be favored based on what both squads have shown the first 2 games. of course I would LOVE to be proven wrong on this topic (Skins by 21 baby!).

It was partially a joke. I think the line is too big because the Cowboys are indeed banged up so badly. The Redskins needed to finish 2 drives against and the Cowboys D is also not gelling yet.

They have injuries at 4 main positions on offense alone and lack the depth that they all claimed was the best in football a year ago.

I want the Redskins to dominate the Cowboys in all facets of the game. I know they are banged up and I want the Redskins to take full advantage of it. That part is homer, but taking the bet at 6.5 is far from it for a division game against a banged up team.

the Wash/Dallas line now down to the host -5 pts. Will Romo sits to pee play though?

Some other games I'm leaning strongly towards:

Cincy @ home -2.5 over SF. Cincy's D is much better than advertised and the Niners are lost with Alex Smith at the helm

Tenn -7 @ home against Denver. Tenn also is under-rated (look how they hung w/Balt all game last week and Kyle Orton is a complete no talent). Gonna take the home team on this one and lay the pts.

i also like Pitt 7pt. home dogs to the irish. and i hate to say it buy Arkansas +11 @ Bama seems like a good bet.

---------- Post added September-23rd-2011 at 02:01 PM ----------

here are my total NCAA bets for this week.

UGA-9.5

Over 68.5 A&M/ OK ST

Baylor -20.5

Vandy +16

Nebraska -21

Under 48 LSU/ WVA

Pitt +7

Ark +11

scared money don't make money

I made an interesting bet on the Vikings - Lions game this week.

Who scores the most fantasy points:

Jahvid Best +9

Adrian Peterson -9

I bet on Best, because I think they're actually fairly equal in fantasy value, and if one team is going to blow open a lead and force the other to abandon the run that team is going to be the Lions. I think it's a pretty good bet, but I only bet a small amount because I've never made a bet like this before and I'm not sure how to handicap it.

Note the fantasy scoring system used is: 1 point/20 yards(rushing or receiving), 6 points/TD(rushing or receiving), 1 Point/Reception, 1/4 point/carry, -2 points/fumble lost & 2 points/2 Pt conversion. Fractional points are used. So, I get Best with 60 yards and a touchdown buffer. I like it.

LSU -6

I repeat..

LSU -6

Thank me Sunday morning.

I like LSU a lot in this game. They beat Oregon by 13, and Mississippi by 13. West Virginia hasn't beat anyone good, only averages 78 rushing yards a game, and trailed to Norfolk State at Halftime. I wouldn't be surprised if WVA gets out to an early lead because of being fired up, and having a rowdy crowd. However, I think LSU wears them out. Also, the Les Miles vs. 1st year coach favors LSU. I'd prefer to get the hook, but I'm laying 6 points.

I made money this week. Oakland +3, Kansas City +15, Green Bay -3, Miami +2.5 and Seattle +3.5 all won. I lost on the Bengals -3, New England -7.5, and Tennessee -6.5. I pushed on Detroit -3. Also, 3 of my 4 moderate to big bets hit. Hooray for gambling!

And that's to go with wins on LSU and ASU (and a loss on Notre Dame).

Archived