Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2011 Taking it to the Bookies Thread

Tour of Duty

my recent past aside, I love both the Giants (@ Cards) and Falcons @ Seahawks. Atlanta absolutely blew up Seattle last year in the regular season and the Seachickens are a much weaker team this year w/o Hasselbeck. Both lines are lower than they should be, the Giants only a -1.5 and Atl a -4 or 4.5 on some books. Get on it! Time for me to turn this season around and get into positive territory.

Absolutely love Lions +2.5 tomorrow at Dallas. So much that I am putting $330 on it.

I've gone back & forth on this matchup to the point where I don't want to touch it. Both teams have issues, Dallas with so many injuries but Detroit also has little to no run game and I think Dallas' front 7 can pose a difficult challenge to Stafford & a below average O-line. I hope you're right though, I hate the Cowboys as much as anybody on this board. Best of luck.

a freaking crazy day today. I held off on taking Atl -6 (thank goodness) and hit on 3 games today and one college play yesterday. +$295 at the moment.

You guys have any leans on tonight's Ravens/Jets scrum? I don't know where to go w/this one so may sit it out.

P.S. Ecstatic to see the Cowpokes provide a terrific collapse today and of course, the Skins coming thru. Once our offense starts firing on all cylinders we're gonna stand up against most teams. HTTR!

Absolutely love Lions +2.5 tomorrow at Dallas. So much that I am putting $330 on it.

WOW!!! I was cursing the football gods at halftime of this game. Felt like an idiot. But the Lions showed why they are a second half team. I also made a small $55 bet on the Giants -1.5 so today was a good day!

I went 2-1 this weekend. Redskins bet came through huge. I did expect them to win outright though. Ugh.

Next weekend thus far I like Indy on the road getting 10 from Tampa, The Gianits giving 1.6 at Arizona, and I think...eehhh...I like Miami getting 7 at San Diego.

Excuse my previous typos please.

I went 3-1 today. Giants, Skins, Titans, and lost on the Raiders game. Ehh. Went 4-2 for the weekend ( Won 'Bama, Lost VTech ).

Skipped the Miami game, still considering the Indy/Tampa game.

Skins -3(even)

Vikes -3(-105)

I liked both of these so much I put a few $ on a parlay with these two.

I haven't had much luck with parlays in the past and rarely play them anymore, so hopefully I didn't jinx myself. :silly:

Yep ... my parlay jinx strikes again :ols:. With the Skins win I was 4-0 for the season. I'm never playing a parlay again ... at least until the next big deal comes around :pfft:.

Still, 4-2 for the season is not a bad start at the 1/4 season mark, and my Skins futures bets are on track so far (long way to go tho) ... I'll take it.

I almost had a good week. That Chargers front door cover killed me.

---------- Post added October-9th-2011 at 07:02 PM ----------

not a bad weekend so far:

took OU over Texas yesterday. Took the Bills, Vikings and (regrettably) the Giants as well. Putting $250 on the Pack -4.5 tonight. Don't see why Rodgers won't continue with the hot hand against a struggling Atlanta defense.

I've got the Falcons +6. I think the Packers look a little better than they are because, I think the line's an overreaction to Rodgers 6 touchdown(rushing & passing) performance last week; I think the Packers getting 10 turnovers over the past 3 weeks is unsustainably good; I think Matt Ryan's record at the Georgia Dome is to be respected; I think the Falcons want revenge after the playoff loss. I hope the Pack win by 5 so we can both walk away with money.

added the Lions earlier in the week @ -5 favorites tonight. The line may be a bit high given how tight these teams play each other historically but what the heck, gonna ride Detroit's hot hand. The Bears just don't seem strong to me this year and I think the matchups favor the Lions. If Martz can get out of his own way the Bears keep it close, the O-line of the Bears will certainly be challenged by Suh, Fairley and the guy they picked up from the Titans. Should be a good game either way. Best of luck guys. $250 on the home team.

I had a nice weekend, dropped $220 on under 48.5 in the Texans/Raiders game and won by the skin of my teeth. The ghost of Al Davis helped me on that final INT in the end zone.

Liking the over 47 in the Lions game tonight. Line moved to Bears +7 too which I like as well. $55 on both.

Line moved to Bears +7 too which I like as well.QUOTE]

I added as well. Detroit is overhyped, imo. Even tho they are 4-0 and have looked impressive in doing so they have beaten terrible KC and Minn, and needed a gift by Romo sits to pee :ols: to win, and beat TB in week 1 who got destroyed this week at mediocre SF.

Lions may very well win but 7 pts seems high to me. We'll see, should be a fun one to watch.

glad I jumped on the Lions early, people are clearly pounding the home team and pushing that line up. It opened at 4.5 and now is at a TD. I just see that Bears outfit having too many issues to overcome. We'll see.

The Eagles @ Skins opened as a pick 'em and now has us (the home team, that is) as a 1 point favorite. I just think we matchup really well against the Eagles this year, is there any truth to a revenge game after getting pantsed last year by Philly?

I do like the Raiders at home -6 against the Browns.

locked in OSU -7.5 @ Texas today and gonna throw down on the OVER for the ASU @ Oregon game (66 pts). For the NFL, I'm taking GB now that the spread is down to a reasonable 14 pts ;) and also took the Raiders -5.5 (don't see what kind of offense the Browns can muster here and the Raiders will have pride on the line w/their first home game since Al Davis' passing. Truthfully, there is a lot better action and $$$ this weekend in college than in the NFL.

winners: OSU and the ASU/Oregon over, GB, Oakland & CHI. Losers: New Orleans (this team is like Jekyl and Hyde: unbeatable at home and clueless on the road).

Ended up +$512 for the weekend. 3 weekends in a row now in the black. :)

Looked at next week's slate of games and nothing stands out in the NFL as something you need to lock down before the line moves. Feeling that there may be easier money in College again this next weekend.

I'm thinking some of these college games upcoming look better than the NFL matchups for week 7.

Locked in Arkansas -17 over Mississippi (all the angles support this play, Arkansas should put up plenty of points against a very overmatched opponent)

Wisconsin -8 over MSU ( granted the Badgers haven't played stout opponents but they have arguably THE best Oline in all of college this year and MSU just can't keep up here. MSU also got pasted by an average Notre Dame team.)

more to come bettors.

Archived