Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

MNF: Giants/Cowboy game thread

Oldskool

Double edged sword.....anything that happens here is good for us and bad for us. Giants win and we are two up on Dallas and Philly and have our fate in our own hands this Sunday. Dallas wins and we are in sole possession of first place and can possibly have a two game lead on every division team after next week. The bad part, if the Giants win they come in confident. If they lose, they come in a little more desperate. So many mixed emotions. I will not say that I am pulling for one or the other. I like the outcome no matter what because we are in 1st place baby!!

The rain is going to stop in the meadowlands soon. I wish it would rain hard for the rest of the game. If the boys hold on we are in first place and then we got to beat the Giants next week.

Who would of thought it possible we could be 2 up on the Giants and Eagles after 3 games played. This my friends is a grey poupon moment.:cheers:

Originally posted by gridironmike

Double edged sword.....anything that happens here is good for us and bad for us. Giants win and we are two up on Dallas and Philly and have our fate in our own hands this Sunday. Dallas wins and we are in sole possession of first place and can possibly have a two game lead on every division team after next week. The bad part, if the Giants win they come in confident. If they lose, they come in a little more desperate. So many mixed emotions. I will not say that I am pulling for one or the other. I like the outcome no matter what because we are in 1st place baby!!

I don't worry about any of that, although in year's past it would've made me very worried. This year's team clearly believes it controls its own destiny. I don't believe any other Redskins team of the past decade could've turned that game around last Sunday. They believe. And with the crowd and team as pumped up as we'll be next Sunday, I think its the Giants who ought to be worried.

That pineapple one is from last year.

As for worrying about the Giants coming into next week angry--who cares?? Really, let's worry about beating the crap out of teams, rather than letting some "motivational" thing that usually peters out in 1.5 quarters beat us. The Falcs were motivated too, apparently. It didn't matter.

You always take the "tangible" result. You take the points, you take the W, and you take being first in your division and one of the contenders having a DIVISION LOSS. You do not wring your hands over whether a team you are better than might be angry.

Archived