Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2011 Little League World Series

AsburySkinsFan

Just finished watching the Kentucky vs. Pennsylvania game, 1-0 Kentucky! What a great game, lights out pitching by Kentucky and major league caliber plays by their catcher to save not only the tying run but also the winning run! All that in front of 30,000 "hostile" fans cheering for PA.

Great game!! I hope this turns out to be another great tournament....that brings the championship back to Kentucky of course. ;)

I enjoy watching sometimes. Other times I am just bored to death.

I guess it is because there are so many games and I have no rooting interest.

Good Luck to your boys from Kentucky however.

Thanks, I wish I knew the kids but it's fun to have a team from the state doing well. My son is 9 and plays and absolutely loves baseball so he's really into it and has been for a couple years, he keeps having visions of playing at the LLWS. You're right though there are a alot of teams but you really have to have a reason to cheer for a team to keep interested. I do like the purity of the sport though....no money....no scholarships....no boosters just great baseball.

Although the bats that they're using....$$$$.

ASF, Some of those kids are playing for scholarships too. My baby sister was recruited to play basketball for Duke when she was in middle school. When she got to HS she decided that she would rather be a cheerleader. Now in her junior year of college (with an academic scholarship), she really only plays basketball with our family for fun. Lots of pressure on some of those kids. I am glad that my parents told us to chase our dreams but always have an education to fall back on.

Thanks, I wish I knew the kids but it's fun to have a team from the state doing well. My son is 9 and plays and absolutely loves baseball so he's really into it and has been for a couple years, he keeps having visions of playing at the LLWS. You're right though there are a alot of teams but you really have to have a reason to cheer for a team to keep interested. I do like the purity of the sport though....no money....no scholarships....no boosters just great baseball.

Although the bats that they're using....$$$$.

Don't know how long you've watched the LLWS, but do you remember a kid named Todd Frazier? He played for the Toms River, NJ team that won it all back in the 90s. I think he was the star of that team, IIRC. Anyway, I was watching a Cincinnati Reds game recently and he was starting for them. They mentioned his days in the LLWS. Even showed a highlight or two. It was way cool to see a guy make it to the big leagues that you had watched as a little leaguer.

And I could be wrong about this, but I think one of his teammates that year (Chris Drury?) also played on that team, yet has gone on to play in the NHL. Someone correct me on that, if I'm wrong.

And I could be wrong about this, but I think one of his teammates that year (Chris Drury?) also played on that team, yet has gone on to play in the NHL. Someone correct me on that, if I'm wrong.

Chris Drury did play in the LLWS, and was a star Little League player. He played for Trumbull, Connecticut, the team that won it all in 1989. Toms River didn't win it until about 10 years later. Drury is older than you think.

Chris Drury did play in the LLWS, and was a star Little League player. He played for Trumbull, Connecticut, the team that won it all in 1989. Toms River didn't win it until about 10 years later. Drury is older than you think.

Oh, ok. Thanks for correcting me on that. Didn't realize they played on different teams. I just remembered them both playing for a eastern team (thought both were NJ).

Anyone watching this Aruba/Chinese Tapei game? Chinese Tapei is up 20-0 going into the bottom of the 4th. Gotta love the LF for Aruba though, he's been dancing around in the OF like nothing is happening lol

I thought they had some kind of mercy rule in LL? Or is the 10 run thing after so many innings? At any rate, they should have already stopped that one.

They gotta play 4 innings in LL. My brothers team in LL league beat a team 62-2 in 4 innings back in the day. ouch.

Ouch, indeed. Was never involved in one of those in my baseball days. But I was once on a softball team that beat another team 40-1.:ols: Hit a HR from both sides of the plate that day.:cool:

Archived