Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

With NE roster, turnabout might be fair play

bigyim

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

I know a lot of us will have the Dec. 11th game against New england marked for one very special 340 lb. reason.

However, when it comes to the Patriots, August 21st and Sept. 4 may be more significant dates.

Along with ther current Redskin turd-polishing project, NE has 11 defensive linemen on their roster...along with a speculative change to the 4-3 defensive scheme. It is a safe bet that they will only keep 7 or so on their roster, so they will be getting rid of a few linemen that would be serviceable in our current 3-4 scheme.

Then I saw this tweet from ESPN's Matt Williamson:

WilliamsonNFL Matt Williamson

Bet there are a lot of GMs waiting on the edge of their seats for when #Patriots have to start releasing DLinemen

So, I decided to simply ask ES this: i you had your pick of "expendable" NE linemen (forget about Wilfork--they won't be cutting him), which one would you pick? More importantly, would you pick on the basis of experience (to teach the current players how to play the 3-4), or would you go young (to continue the rebuild with players who will be here a while)?

I can see arguements for either case, but feel free to make your case on this thread. Personally, I'd like to see if we could get anything out of Ron Brace (who apparently is in real danger of not making the 1st cuts). But that's just my feeling.

In any case, New England will make sure to give Haynesworth every chance to succeed in their defense. They always make a concerted effort to take other team's personnel "trash", in order to make it their roster treasure.

Here's hoping that we have a chance to beat the Patriots at their own game.

Nice thought, but honestly whoever does get cut from their roster on the d-line is not really of use to the team Let me restate...I think we're fairly set at d-line, and we have decent depth. If we were going to pick up more players I'd rather see it at other positions. From what I've read/heard the Patriots aren't going full 4-3 anyway....they're running sort of a hybrid. So I expect to see lots of 4-3 looks along with the tradition 3-4 where guys like haynesworth are brought in on 3rd down to rush the passer from the end position (even though that's not a typical 5-technique). All that said, I'm pretty sure we loose that game by a double digit point margin.

I just looked at NE's current roster and I honestly have never heard most of the names there in their D-linemen, so I can't honestly pick out any individuals.

If there's some quality, young guys to add to Bowen, Coefield, Carriker, Nield and Jenkins, our core group going forward; then I'd be real happy to at the least take a look. Their gona' be 34 guys to start with so that's a bonus right there. Not too worried about vet. leaders in that group as the current starting three have a good deal of pro experience under their belts.

Hail.

I don't think we're going to be scouring for DL, I think, if anything, we'll be looking at OL depth, CBs, ILBers, and safeties.

I think our DL is one of our stronger units now. Just adding Cofield would have been a significant upgrade, even without Jenkins and Bowen.

I voted to do our own thing. I like the way things appear to be going and can only hope we draft another DL in next years draft, hopefully in rounds 2 or 3. If the FO feels the need to pick up someone from their trash so be it.

I know a lot of us will have the Dec. 11th game against New england marked for one very special 340 lb. reason.

This game was the FIRST one I looked for when the schedule came out for a very special 52-7 reason. I hope Mike and Kyle ram the ball down Belichicks throat.

I voted to do our own thing. I like the way things appear to be going and can only hope we draft another DL in next years draft, hopefully in rounds 2 or 3. If the FO feels the need to pick up someone from their trash so be it.

This game was the FIRST one I looked for when the schedule came out for a very special 52-7 reason. I hope Mike and Kyle ram the ball down Belichicks throat.

Oh, I have my own special wish for this game. I don't care if this is the only game we win this year.

It goes something like this:

Redskins up 73-6 with about 33 seconds to go. Clock running, Skins have the ball on the Patsies 21 yard line, 4th and 10. Sam Huff looks over at Sonny 9n the radio booth and says on air, "Sonny, call Mr. Snyder and get Shanahan to call a time out." Sonny: "Great idea, Sam. Mr. Snyder call Mike and get a timeout called." Shanny signals and gets the timeout with 9 seconds on the clock. Skins QB Du Jour comes to the sideline, chats with Shanny and goes back to the huddle. Skins line up, ball is snapped, screen left to Skins RB Du Jour. All Patsies defenders blocked except Fat Al. Skins RB, steps left then straight ahead at full speed, takes on Fat Al and drops him like a bad habit, taking particular care to step on his helmet as he streaks to the endzone. TIme runs out, as he scores to make it 79-6. PAT makes it an even 80. Belicheat, seen frantically trying to pull off his $1.50 hoodie, collapses on the sideline in tears, kicking and screaming as Brady comes over to hold his hand. They weep together.

However, when it comes to the Patriots, August 21st and Sept. 4 may be more significant dates.

Along with ther current Redskin turd-polishing project, NE has 11 defensive linemen on their roster...along with a speculative change to the 4-3 defensive scheme. It is a safe bet that they will only keep 7 or so on their roster, so they will be getting rid of a few linemen that would be serviceable in our current 3-4 scheme.

Then I saw this tweet from ESPN's Matt Williamson:

WilliamsonNFL Matt Williamson

Bet there are a lot of GMs waiting on the edge of their seats for when #Patriots have to start releasing DLinemen

So, I decided to simply ask ES this: i you had your pick of "expendable" NE linemen (forget about Wilfork--they won't be cutting him), which one would you pick? More importantly, would you pick on the basis of experience (to teach the current players how to play the 3-4), or would you go young (to continue the rebuild with players who will be here a while)?

I can see arguements for either case, but feel free to make your case on this thread. Personally, I'd like to see if we could get anything out of Ron Brace (who apparently is in real danger of not making the 1st cuts). But that's just my feeling.

In any case, New England will make sure to give Haynesworth every chance to succeed in their defense. They always make a concerted effort to take other team's personnel "trash", in order to make it their roster treasure.

Other than Wilfork, their line has not been very good .

Oh, I have my own special wish for this game. I don't care if this is the only game we win this year.

Redskins up 73-6 with about 33 seconds to go. Clock running, Skins have the ball on the Patsies 21 yard line, 4th and 10. Sam Huff looks over at Sonny 9n the radio booth and says on air, "Sonny, call Mr. Snyder and get Shanahan to call a time out." Sonny: "Great idea, Sam. Mr. Snyder call Mike and get a timeout called." Shanny signals and gets the timeout with 9 seconds on the clock. Skins QB Du Jour comes to the sideline, chats with Shanny and goes back to the huddle. Skins line up, ball is snapped, screen left to Skins RB Du Jour. All Patsies defenders blocked except Fat Al. Skins RB, steps left then straight ahead at full speed, takes on Fat Al and drops him like a bad habit, taking particular care to step on his helmet as he streaks to the endzone. TIme runs out, as he scores to make it 79-6. PAT makes it an even 80. Belicheat, seen frantically trying to pull off his $1.50 hoodie, collapses on the sideline in tears, kicking and screaming as Brady comes over to hold his hand. They weep together.

Shouldn't they go for 2!

I voted for bring back Haynesworth. He's obviously proven that he's a new man in NE, so let's trade next year's 1st for him, plus cash, and give him a restructed contract with signing bonus ($20 million??).

Yep........

Vinnie....we told you that you can't play here anymore. ;)

I would say no way that Warren would get cut.

By the Broncos?

---------- Post added August-21st-2011 at 08:33 PM ----------

I'd give Warren or Ellis a look.(thus the 1 vote for it.)

But IF i signed them it would be a 1 year deal as i think we should continue to go younger and hungrier.

You cant get away from vets completely.

Gerard Warren is useless. Are we confusing him for Ty Warren?

This is one of the most beautiful thing I have ever read. I disliked the patriots before, but after the 52-7 game my hatred for the patriots went to another level. It was just silly. I understand they have a right to keep playing the game, but when they had 50 yard bombs for passes when they are already up by 30+ it was lame. Also the going for it on 4th down. Eff em

Archived