Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Homer: My take on ESPN's Mike & Mike in the Morning spotlighting the Redskins

themurf

Now you can add Jacksonville to that list of teams with worse QB situations than us. Gabbert may eventually develop but he's nowhere close to being an NFL starting QB.

I don't think Gabbert will ever turn into a great QB, or even a good one. He may put up pretty numbers here and there -- but his third down percentage and Red zone percentage (you know, where it counts the most) are horrid.

I've try to be a realist when it comes to the skins. I've tried to be a bit more optimistic but the FO always seems to do things that thwart that position. But to me, this year seems different. I know we don't have some powerhouse team but I truly believe that we are going to surprise a lot of people and make some football pundits eat their words. I think lack of depth at some positions is a cause for concern but if this team can stay relatively healthy they can fight for contention in the NFC Beast. I think the East is going to be a dogfight this year. Don't think any team is going to be left behind. And when it's over, who ever comes out on top won't have anything left in the tank to go deep in the paloffs. As far as Mike and Mike, they get paid to be harsh blowhards. Let's see how their predictions work out three months from now.

Garrard can play, not sure why we'd need him at this juncture. Probably just a just-in-case reach-out. If Rex or Beck goes down and he's out there he'd be a fine pickup.

personally I think he ends up in Seattle. Just a hunch.

I don't understand why the Colts aren't on that list.

~Bang

I don't understand why the Colts aren't on that list.

Took the words right out of my mouth...

On a side note, I was watching there team analysis segment the other day (forget what they call it). It was at the end where they were asking some type of yes or no question about a quarterback situation or number of wins or something (wish I could remember exactly). Anyway, Golic's response was..."well the answer to that one is easy...we'll have to wait and see."

Really, Golic? Seriously? That's your analysis? To a yes/no question? I thought about this thread and was :doh:

I think that they all take the easy way out and Mike and Mike are no exceptions. How can a pretty boy, unathletic guy know anything about sports at all? Or the non-pro bowl no name DT that had only 2 or 3 career sacks? They all take the road of already traveled andgo with what everyone else says because it is easier. So when the Redskins start winning more games we will see them singing a different tune. It always happens.

Archived