Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

My New Music Video (Live Footage from Rave in Dewey Beach)

LaRonDontLikeUgly

Whattup guys-- I've posted a few of my songs on here before and love hearing feedback from you all. (The first video I posted is now up to 260,000 views on youtube!)

I dropped my Marvin Gaye remix for the first time on this crowd at Dewey Beach about 3 weeks ago and they went nuts so I officially released it last week along with a video.

Marvin Gaye - Grapevine (VOODOO FARM REMIX)

PS. if you dig the remix, there is a link in the description of the video to download for FREE! also, please support by clicking 'Like' on my facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/voodoofarm

UPDATE

Just want to let people know that coming up I have a few performances scheduled for the DMV/Dewey Beach area...

Saturday, SEPT 17th at Clarendon Grille around 8pm for LOCALHEADPHONES.COM Launch Party

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=198536990211020

Saturday, SEPT 24th at North Beach AT MIDNIGHT in Dewey Beach, DE for the Dewey Beach Music Convention

http://www.deweybeachfest.com/dbmc/

Both events should be pretty bonkers, especially the Arlington barcrawl that starts around 4pm on Saturday the 17th

HTTR

Cool man, what's your at home set up look like? We should wax gear/software some time.. I'm into producing electronic music as well... Though my music turns out less accessible and more of a mash between UK garage/ambient/experimental. I use mostly hardware but I've recently gotten into a few native instruments vsti's which are surprisingly nice. Anywho...I wish you luck in all your musical endeavors my fellow musician!

do you make all your own artwork? Its very good

goodluck with the song man...

Thanks brody- Nahhh man I recruit my talented artist friends for all of that stuff. I am just in charge of the music, videos, and promotion. All of my friends are involved in everything I do, and I couldn't do it without them. I am a very lucky person.

Not my style, but it was pretty sick :applause:

Right on, thanks! I listen mostly to motown/classic rock on my own time so I have the most fun trying to blend the old with my own modern compositions/sound textures.

Cool man, what's your at home set up look like? We should wax gear/software some time.. I'm into producing electronic music as well... Though my music turns out less accessible and more of a mash between UK garage/ambient/experimental. I use mostly hardware but I've recently gotten into a few native instruments vsti's which are surprisingly nice. Anywho...I wish you luck in all your musical endeavors my fellow musician!

I will upload a picture man... I move around a lot so I always carry this dope little 25-key midi-keyboard for plains/trains/automobiles that goes straight into my laptop... Slap on the headphones and I can compose music literally anywhere.

My software of choice is Ableton Live... it's incredibly open-ended and after a year I still feel like I am just scratching the surface. In front of me right now in NYC are two Mackie MR8 monitor speakers, an m-audio keyrig49, m-audio oxygen8 v2, akai apc40, rode mt2-a studio mic... then for hardware we have a whole bunch of vintage keyboards/synths (none currently that would go in my 'all time fav' category, but i will get there)... i also rock 2 15 inch macbook pros with 8GB of ram... one of them travels with me, the other is hooked up to a monitor.

I love listening to other people's music, especially styles that are very different from mine ... feel free to shoot me some tracks liamdirlam@gmail.com

I've always been down with your stuff.

I can't listen to this one right now because I'm at work, but I'll check it out when I get home later tonight.

Thanks bro! You always show me love when I post these things and I appreciate it. I am talking to U Street Music Hall about throwing down in the next few months, would love for you to catch a show.

I enjoyed it thoroughly.

Awesome thanks dude. My buddy Ski Beatz (produced most of Jay-Z's first album) is from Greensboro and is doing some really cool stuff right now with his band. He gave me my first midi-keyboard and forced me to get into Ableton-- great guy who made it big in NYC but reps NC like crazy.

Thanks bro! You always show me love when I post these things and I appreciate it. I am talking to U Street Music Hall about throwing down in the next few months, would love for you to catch a show.

I definitely liked that track, keep laying down hot tracks man!

The video was damn cool too, looked like lots of fun man. I never got into the rave scene myself (mostly just typical clubs) but it looked like you had a good showing. I "liked" your facebook page so I'll keep up and see if/when you'll be in DC. It would definitely be cool to check out a show.

I definitely liked that track, keep laying down hot tracks man!

The video was damn cool too, looked like lots of fun man. I never got into the rave scene myself (mostly just typical clubs) but it looked like you had a good showing. I "liked" your facebook page so I'll keep up and see if/when you'll be in DC. It would definitely be cool to check out a show.

Sick dude good looks!

Dude that shiz is dope AF! Ya'll did this one too right??!?! I can ****ing dig it! Love me some Dubstep!

By the way is that you at 4:28 with the Skins shirt on and the Bears hat?

Hell yeah thanks man--- yeah, thats me the whole time. I was filming on this ****ty oldschool camera-- took a roadtrip with this chick from Tempe, AZ to Vegas for a night and I happened to be working on the track at that time.

Not a bears hat though-- cincinnati reds... but for the record, I hate baseball and i hate the reds... just a fan of the hat-- I get reds fans coming up to me all the time or people being like "the reds suck!!" and im like "they do? sweet"

That was really, really nice. Didn't think I'd like it as much as I did. Great work, looks like you're having a blast, too!

Thanks dude-- the sound system in that place was bonkers... It was a really fun night for sure.

Got Ableton Live myself bro, only been using it to edit my promos at the moment thou, producing is going to take forever to learn :/

You will get there. It looks a little overwhelming at first, but it's all about youtube videos man. I just watched hours of tutorials from certified ableton teachers and learned SO much. Maybe the best, most in depth dude out there is a guy named Tom Cosm. If you are interested in producing electro/dubstep or even hip-hop in ableton, you should start with his videos.

Voodoo Farm.....I remember you're the dude with the hawt friends in NYC. Yeah man love the Adele Jay Z one and the new Marvin Gaye. Thanks for keeping us in the loop. Do your thing man.

Thanks brother! Actually most of the chicks in the Doors video were from DC (thats where I filmed it) and ALL of them own Redskins jerseys. (How much hotter does that make them?)

I was expecting something terrible because most DJ's personal mixes should qualify as some sort of assault and I had not heard any of your work prior to this. I have to say that was surprisingly good and cleaner than I expected it to be. Felt it was a little slow for a rave but considering I haven't been to one for years I really don't know what they feel like these days. Cool video as well.

It has to feel good looking into the crowd and knowing your work is a big reason why everyone out there is having a good time. Keep it up.

I was expecting something terrible because most DJ's personal mixes should qualify as some sort of assault and I had not heard any of your work prior to this. I have to say that was surprisingly good and cleaner than I expected it to be. Felt it was a little slow for a rave but considering I haven't been to one for years I really don't know what they feel like these days. Cool video as well.

It has to feel good looking into the crowd and knowing your work is a big reason why everyone out there is having a good time. Keep it up.

Thanks a lot man... You have a good ear- I actually played the song a littttle faster during the show (and it was over 7 minutes as oppose to 4)... I condensed/removed sections of the song for the video release.

The last thing you said is dead on. I never made electronic music until my friends dragged me to a few shows and I saw how happy everyone in the crowd was-- It was different than anything I had ever seen before and I said to myself "THIS is the type of music I have to make from now on."

I'll get at you with some tunes dude for sure. My only complaint is with the "wobble" bass. Your track as whole definitely achieves its goal in every way.. don't get me wrong. but I'm personally tired of the wobbling bass that has now been solely identified as a main piece of this current line of "dubstep"music. I just hope everyone knows that there are dubstep artists out there making dubstep without the wobbling bass. It's been going on for at least ten years and it's just now catching on because of twerps like skrillex that claim they make dubstep music when man... that stuff he's putting out is not dubstep. Most of the guys that started that movement have moved on anyways...Others and the newcomers are driving that one sound into the ground and claiming dubstep...when the elements of the influence of true dub, and two-step rhythms have gone missing. But anyways... Do your thing dude, you're definitely getting in work and I'll get in touch with you about some tracks, I am really weird about sharing music.... but maybe we can collabo, I'd like that a lot. Post a pic of your home rig too man!

here's mine... I am sure it's nothing compared to everything it sounds like you've got there in NYC but I'm a poor blue collar laborer so I'm on that budget set-up until I can con someone out of some serious cash. I like the M50 because I've got all the additional sounds from the M3 loaded on to it and it also has templates for every vsti that I'm using now so it definitely gets the job done. And sampling from my ipod is loads of fun! Anyways like I said get at me in PMs... I would be interested in laying down a track with you. Two very different musical minds ... most likely will lead to good ****. I'd be totally down with dropping a straight up IDM tune with you.

cc9e.png

I'll get at you with some tunes dude for sure. My only complaint is with the "wobble" bass. Your track as whole definitely achieves its goal in every way.. don't get me wrong. but I'm personally tired of the wobbling bass that has now been solely identified as a main piece of this current line of "dubstep"music. I just hope everyone knows that there are dubstep artists out there making dubstep without the wobbling bass. It's been going on for at least ten years and it's just now catching on because of twerps like skrillex that claim they make dubstep music when man... that stuff he's putting out is not dubstep. Most of the guys that started that movement have moved on anyways...Others and the newcomers are driving that one sound into the ground and claiming dubstep...when the elements of the influence of true dub, and two-step rhythms have gone missing. But anyways... Do your thing dude, you're definitely getting in work and I'll get in touch with you about some tracks, I am really weird about sharing music.... but maybe we can collabo, I'd like that a lot. Post a pic of your home rig too man!

here's mine... I am sure it's nothing compared to everything it sounds like you've got there in NYC but I'm a poor blue collar laborer so I'm on that budget set-up until I can con someone out of some serious cash. I like the M50 because I've got all the additional sounds from the M3 loaded on to it and it also has templates for every vsti that I'm using now so it definitely gets the job done. And sampling from my ipod is loads of fun! Anyways like I said get at me in PMs... I would be interested in laying down a track with you. Two very different music minds ... most likely will lead to good ****. I'd be totally down with dropping a straight up IDM tune with you.

And now the image is not working

I'm angry that picture is no longer working... your station is SICK!! what was that green chaospad-looking thing? narsty

like i said, i bounce around a lot so here are a few pictures of my setups lately:

3 weeks ago my good friends in manhattan went on their honeymoon and asked me to watch their place... i set this place up and had musicians coming in and out at all hours. it was amazing. (ignore the superbong in the corner)

6057347318_171f2dd0cd_z.jpg

this is our setup in the bronx! i consider myself more of a producer than a DJ, but my good friend dj drastik and i usually cut up in this basement until the sun comes up

6057347798_c5b6e05bbc_z.jpg

and finally, this is a 360 of my apartment... (sick iphone app called Dermander, its free) it's hard to whats going on but we basically have a music station on one side and a film/animation station on the other

6056800171_da28ca03c7_b.jpg

Awesome man. Great stuff you've got there... I am like you, except I don't DJ at all. I don't have access to any real DJing equipment (sick DJing rig in the bottom pick though btw), though it's something that I do plan to look into in the future but completely separate from my composing. I Got the picture working again btw. It's actually Korg's newest run of Kaoss pads. There's two, one that samples and one that's a synth. That one is the synth version ... I love it for sound effects because it's extremely dynamic because of the nature of the X Y pad. Cool gadget, more of a toy, less of an instrument, but you can also store 4 loops at a time which is cool.

Archived