Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Those who were ready to unload Cooley, we'll see how that idea works out Week 1 possibly.. :(

NoCalMike

Post-game reports on ESPN 980 are saying Cooley is expected to miss a few more weeks with the sore knee, has it it drained several times, per Shanahan.

So it looks like there is a possibility he might not be quite ready Week 1, which will put Fred Davis in the starting spot.

We'll see how that goes. I am not a non-believer in Fred Davis by any stretch, but I have not yet seen nearly enough from to to believe he will be ready to step into the starting role and be as productive at Cooley.

Careful what you wish for.

From what I read earlier the had his knee scoped the day after the season ended because of a meniscus (sp?) tear that dated back to 2005. He also said on The Fan earlier that he could play and practice, but they wanted to make sure they didn't set him back further.

HTTR

I'm not sold on his run blocking. And, what is with Sellers moving to TE? Is Young that good leading the RB or has the once Pro Bowl FB dropped in talent?

Sold on whose run blocking? Davis' or Cooley's? They are both notoriously bad blockers, though I will say that watching tonight Fred Davis looked pretty good blocking, at least on one play. The big run that Hightower had, Davis did a great job of locking on to his man and sealing the edge. Young has impressed in camp and the times I paid attention to him in tonight's game he looked very good, also had a great catch and run. I think Sellers' time is up, unfortunately (or fortunately depending on how you look at it) both Young and Kieland showed a lot of promise at the FB position meanwhile the only time I noticed Sellers was when he got called for a false start, which as the vet offensive player you'd expect him to be more on point.

Sellers will latch on with another team, and will always be a Redskin to me, but he has been made obsolete by a young draft pick with talent and a drive to succeed. Sellers still has skills, but apparently not as much skill as Young at this stage in each players career. I could see him doing well blocking for another team.

The Cooley trade debate is definitely one of the hot topics on ES. He is one of my favorite current players and he is my wife's favorite.

Regardless I'm of the mindset that it's what's best for the team not the individual player or fan sentiment. If we can draft a guy in the 3rd round, have him in his prime for 7 years, and then trade him right before his decline for a 3rd round pick (which me might have gotten last year), what is not to like? Fred Davis is more than a capable replacement.

Give me Fred Davis and a 3rd round pick any day of the week over a soon to be declining Cooley and a Fred Davis wasting away on the bench.

For those that say we need depth at TE so don't trade Cooley it reminds me of the Fantasy Football guy that drafts Aaron Rodgers in the 1st round and then Philip Rivers in the 4th round and says you can't have enough depth at the QB position. Wasted pick IMO.

Trade Cools now ! There isn't anything negative that I would have to say about CC as a Skin. He(cc) has been great,but the time is now.We have two nice YOUNG Te's in Davis,and Paulsen.The time to trade Cooley is now,when he's coming to the end of his prime ,but yet he is still good enough for the Skins to be rewarded with a nice compensation in a trade. Davis is young and just as good.FD is coming to the end of his contract as a Redskin.The time to make him the "guy" is this season.Just think about in this way what would any other good team in the NFL like the Pats,PHI,ect. do in our situation ? Answer trade to get younger and more picks

The Cooley trade debate is definitely one of the hot topics on ES. He is one of my favorite current players and he is my wife's favorite.

Regardless I'm of the mindset that it's what's best for the team not the individual player or fan sentiment. If we can draft a guy in the 3rd round, have him in his prime for 7 years, and then trade him right before his decline for a 3rd round pick (which me might have gotten last year), what is not to like? Fred Davis is more than a capable replacement.

Give me Fred Davis and a 3rd round pick any day of the week over a soon to be declining Cooley and a Fred Davis wasting away on the bench.

For those that say we need depth at TE so don't trade Cooley it reminds me of the Fantasy Football guy that drafts Aaron Rodgers in the 1st round and then Philip Rivers in the 4th round and says you can't have enough depth at the QB position. Wasted pick IMO.

Depends on the Fantasy League. Passing leagues where QB's rack up points,is a great example of having two prime QB's. That way with two elite QB's you get to pick which QB is playing the weaker opponent and stack your line up in that way. Also, what round do you think Tim Hightower is going in drafts this year? There are always going to be options at runningback in late rounds that you can make up your picks on that will pay off down the stretch. Last year I got LT in one of the waay later rounds of a 12 team draft and paid off big time for me. I think he ended the season with better numbers then Greene. Having those late round runningbacks pay off while having two elite QB choices on a weekly basis is paying dividends is the way you win in Fantasy Football. Tim Hightower will be a great late round steal,after what i saw lst night. I think Marshawn Lynch will also be a late round draft pick that pays off nicely this season. Ronnie Brown is going later in drafts too, and I think he will be the starter before the season is over.

Sorry, I play a bunch of Fantasy Football leagues for 100 bucks a pop, at the same time. Im in Fantasy Draft mode right now. :ols: Related: What does everyone think of that Steelers RB who scored the TD last night?

Depends on the Fantasy League. Passing leagues where QB's rack up points,is a great example of having two prime QB's. That way with two elite QB's you get to pick which QB is playing the weaker opponent and stack your line up in that way. Also, what round do you think Tim Hightower is going in drafts this year? There are always going to be options at runningback in late rounds that you can make up your picks on that will pay off down the stretch. Last year I got LT in one of the waay later rounds of a 12 team draft and paid off big time for me. I think he ended the season with better numbers then Greene. Having those late round runningbacks pay off while having two elite QB choices on a weekly basis is paying dividends is the way you win in Fantasy Football. Tim Hightower will be a great late round steal,after what i saw lst night. I think Marshawn Lynch will also be a late round draft pick that pays off nicely this season. Ronnie Brown is going later in drafts too, and I think he will be the starter before the season is over.

Sorry, I play a bunch of Fantasy Football leagues for 100 bucks a pop, at the same time. Im in Fantasy Draft mode right now. :ols: Related: What does everyone think of that Steelers RB who scored the TD last night?

Sorry, but I run a few leagues for 100 bucks a pop.

Your strategy loses. Drafting a stud RB, WR or A.Gates in the 4th round when you already have your QB always wins over the guy that drafts 2 QB's in the first four rounds.

I've been an advocate of trading Cooley for the past two years, but we wouldn't get anything back for him at this point. If he tears it up this year, then maybe we can re-open the discussion, but there's no point in trading him right now.

This. The time to trade him was last year. Hopefully he can recover from his surgery and give us another great year.

cooley brings good vet leadership and continuity to our offense which pretty much has a whole new wr corp and backfield...... unless we get something we cant refuse i say we keep him a redskin as long as possible

Just to play Devil's Advocate....how do you know he brings veteran leadership? Just because someone has been in the league 5+ years doesn't automatically make them a "leader" in the locker room.

Sorry, but I run a few leagues for 100 bucks a pop.

Your strategy loses. Drafting a stud RB, WR or A.Gates in the 4th round when you already have your QB always wins over the guy that drafts 2 QB's in the first four rounds.

Like i said, I guess its the league you play in. The money I have won tells me you are wrong and re-enforces my opinion, but the scoring for each league is different and I play in multiple types of leagues. With that said, good luck in Fantasy this year, and I hope your QB doesnt get hurt. From my experience, its easier to replace a first/second rd RB and get similer production out of them, then it is to replace that top tier QB and get similer production off of a lesser QB.

Serious question though,what do you think of OchoCinco on the Pats this season? A decent #2 reciever?

Archived