Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Jay Glazer: Eagles get Jason Babin

McNabbOwnsFedEx

So as an Eaglefan you are in favor or not?

Do you consider this a big splash move? Babin is getting 17mil guaranteed and a 5yr deal, and he's in the over 30 crowd. I didn't think the Eagles did that.

Honestly, I don't know what to expect from Babin. First round pick with great measurables shows that he has the natural talent. However, was last year a fluke or did Washburn really bring out what no other coach could in his career? I'll wait and see, but it can't hurt. 12.5 sacks and a pro bowl last year aren't just given out to guys like Babin, he earned it. With a new DC and a new d-line coach in Washburn who put emphasis on getting to the qb first and everything else second, I hope it works out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ahe-dzb73Bk

Washburn talking about Babin

He will come back to earth this year. I expect 8 sacks which correlates with what he is getting paid. Eagles really got a pretty fair value on him considering his one year wonder stats from last year. dock, where are you hearing 17m guaranteed? I have seen 5-6m in every source that I have read today.

He will come back to earth this year. I expect 8 sacks which correlates with what he is getting paid. Eagles really got a pretty fair value on him considering his one year wonder stats from last year. dock, where are you hearing 17m guaranteed? I have seen 5-6m in every source that I have read today.

A quick aside before the topic is addressed: I find that quote in your signature pretty ironic right now. I guess everyone has a price.

Babin is pretty good, and probably will do well on a improving Eagles D. The Eagles still need some safety help IMO, but with Babin and Rogers-Cromartie, they're doing pretty well at upgrading their defense.

So as an Eaglefan you are in favor or not?

Do you consider this a big splash move? Babin is getting 17mil guaranteed and a 5yr deal, and he's in the over 30 crowd. I didn't think the Eagles did that.

I'm in favor of it. But it's hardly a splash move. There's just not much out there for DL. Can't count on Graham, so they need someone proven. Parker's old. Hardly a splash. DRC is a splash (in slow motion), as would be VY. Curious to see what they're doing at SS and LB.

Babin signing resembles the Redskins signings, not huge splashes but good move. Both teams have improved but still have holes. And there are the Giants and Cowboys......lol

Vince Young would be a decent backup for Vick.

Why aren't they resigning Stewart Bradley?

Babin signing resembles the Redskins signings, not huge splashes but good move. Both teams have improved but still have holes. And there are the Giants and Cowboys......lol

Vince Young would be a decent backup for Vick.

Why aren't they resigning Stewart Bradley?

He's made of glass. Can't have a MLB that misses as much time as he does. Talented guy, but just can't stay healthy.

Instead, Babin signed with the Eagles on Thursday, reuniting him with ex-Titans defensive line coach Jim Washburn. Babin received a five-year deal worth $28 million, but it's an inflated figure that hides the true value of Babin's guaranteed money: $6 million.

dock making up numbers again. ho hum.

dock making up numbers again. ho hum.

WB, your posts always continue to provide humor and hypocracy. You used to get banned by Art for your creative posting years ago and you accuse Dock of making stuff up.

Edit:

For History Buffs

http://www.extremeskins.com/showthread.php?100667-I-m-so-tired-of-hearing..../page5

http://www.extremeskins.com/showthread.php?310719-Where-d-that-incredible-puke-running-game-go/page4

Vick counts 16m against the cap because he was franchised so a long term deal helps out the Eagles. One thing to consider is that all these "big" moves have been at what the Eagles wanted to pay and have been largely looked at by outsiders as inexpensive. Nnamdi took a 6m per year paycut to play for the Eagles. Babin and Jenkins got 5m per year. For better than average DEs in a dry FA DE market, that is surprising. VY signed for 5m which is a low number for an experienced backup QB.

I think the elephant in the room that none of you want to talk about is the effect that Vick has on luring players to Philthy. He is a rock star in the NFL community. You have rankings of players by the media, and by fans on messageboards, then you have how players feel. They love MV and think he is the messiah.

I just read that the Eagles still have around 8+ Million in cap. PLUS under the new CBA you can take a $3.5 Million dollar "loan" to resign vets. That is plenty of money to sign Jackson to a S. Holmes type deal, and get another MLB in FA. We are fine and plus we have 11 picks again in 2012 - 2 second rounders and possibly a 3rd if hey trade Asante ( Panthers are interested). With 3 2nd round picks they could move up in the draft and get a young stud DE next year. Admit it Skins fans - they are one of the best teams at managing their Cap and Draft picks..yea again no Super Bowl - but working hard and smart at it counts and gets them closer than most teams in the NFC.

bold mine

I just read that the Eagles still have around 8+ Million in cap. PLUS under the new CBA you can take a $3.5 Million dollar "loan" to resign vets. That is plenty of money to sign Jackson to a S. Holmes type deal, and get another MLB in FA. We are fine and plus we have 11 picks again in 2012 - 2 second rounders and possibly a 3rd if hey trade Asante ( Panthers are interested). With 3 2nd round picks they could move up in the draft and get a young stud DE next year. Admit it Skins fans - they are one of the best teams at managing their Cap and Draft picks..yea again no Super Bowl - but working hard and smart at it counts and gets them closer than most teams in the NFC.
Counts for what?

bold mine

Counts for what?

Counts for "Being In The Hunt" as they say. Also these moves, as you might have heard, is allowing the Eagles to bring in Pro Bowl talent cheaper than the next guy. Players ( like Nnamdi and jenkins ) said they left money on the table because they wanted to come to the Eagles and play with Vick and the "Young Guns" ( all Draft Picks) and for the coaches and FO. I would like to hear a player say they are coming to the Skins for the those reasons and not the big payday. Ship is turning but still very far away. Thats why it "Counts"..

Counts for "Being In The Hunt" as they say. Also these moves, as you might have heard, is allowing the Eagles to bring in Pro Bowl talent cheaper than the next guy.

Yeah OK. It's fun to be excited about big name FA acquisitions. Skins fans know all about expectations. But eaglefan knows the same thing. Last time they really went out and got something was 2004 with Kearse and TO.

TO was great talent wise but a bad fit personality wise. Kearse was just a bust.

Archived