Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2011 FA/LOCKOUT/UDFA Tweets from TK, Jsteelz, LL56 and others **MOSS/COFIELD/STALLWORTH/WILSON/BOWEN/CHESTER & OTHERS AGREES TO DEALSl + JARMON TRADED TO DEN FOR GAFFNEY/MCNABB TRADED TO MINNY/HAYNESWORTH TRADED TO NE + RABACH/PD93/KEMO & OTH

c4man5282

That's why I'm wondering about Capers. He seems to be a fit at Tackle in the ZBS, but rumor had it he was taking reps at Guard on the PS last year.

Well my concern is, even if he started, what depth do we have @ guard? Montgomery? Hicks?.... hmmm, i think we need to get someone in here..lol

What about Hurt? I know he played Tackle in college, but we need depth everywhere...

Cant just assume that a 7th rounder will be good depth. Most times best case scenario for a 7th is depth and expecting that his rookie year would be asking a lot.

Would be awesome if we got Harvey Dahl like they mentioned though guy is a ZBS fit but has a mean streak to him its great to watch

Cant just assume that a 7th rounder will be good depth. Most times best case scenario for a 7th is depth and expecting that his rookie year would be asking a lot.

Would be awesome if we got Harvey Dahl like they mentioned though guy is a ZBS fit but has a mean streak to him its great to watch

That would be awesome. We'd be able to move Monty over to Center and have Rabach back him up.

If we do anything of note this season, Beck has a legit shot of comeback/breakout player of the year. Literally EVERYONE has written him off.

he wears the burgundy & gold, so i'll cheer for him and hope he's legit.

the realist in me is thinking that if Beck is our best option at QB, we'll be in a good spot to land Luck, Barkley, or Jones next year

he wears the burgundy & gold, so i'll cheer for him and hope he's legit.

the realist in me is thinking that if Beck is our best option at QB, we'll be in a good spot to land Luck, Barkley, or Jones next year

It's really a win-win for us. If Beck works out, we won't need a QB for the next 5 years or so, at least. If he doesn't, we draft a franchise QB.

why not play all the rookies and capers and cook? hell could work out.. but remember we have to spend 45 mill to reach the min spending.. so question becomes.. what the hell are we going to do to spend that?

Literally EVERYONE has written him off.

Maybe most in this forum and the local sports media have written him off.

But that's because they don't look at Beck's skillset or tangibles.

They judge him from his circumstances.

But all you have to do is look at the guys skillset to know that he has a chance to succeed.

Real football analysts/scouts like Greg Cosell, Dave Razzano and Matt Waldman have all recently given there opinions that Beck has the skillset to succeed yet despite their professional opinions fans parrot the sentiment of our local sports media.

Maybe most in this forum and the local sports media have written him off.

But that's because they don't look at Beck's skillset or tangibles.

They judge him from his circumstances.

But all you have to do is look at the guys skillset to know that he has a chance to succeed.

Real football analysts/scouts like Greg Cosell, Dave Razzano and Matt Waldman have all recently given there opinions that Beck has the skillset to succeed yet despite their professional opinions fans parrot the sentiment of our local sports media.

Gotcha. I wasn't saying I had, nor had I heard Cosell's, Razzano's, or Waldman's assessments. Thanks for the sanity check.

---------- Post added July-15th-2011 at 11:24 PM ----------

why not play all the rookies and capers and cook? hell could work out.. but remember we have to spend 45 mill to reach the min spending.. so question becomes.. what the hell are we going to do to spend that?

Draft picks, Moss, extending Landry and probably Davis will take a big chunk out of that

Gotcha. I wasn't saying I had, nor had I heard Cosell's, Razzano's, or Waldman's assessments. Thanks for the sanity check

Here's Cosell and the link to Waldman's assessments: (you actually posted in that thread a few posts after Cosell's assessment)

http://www.extremeskins.com/showthread.php?347823-A-Closer-Look-at-John-Beck-2010-Preseasn-Cards-amp-Jets/page3

Razzano's assessment appears in this thread: (its one of the lasts post in the thread)

http://www.extremeskins.com/showthread.php?348966-Who-is-the-more-physically-gifted-QB-Rex-Grossman-or-John-Beck&p=8373362&viewfull=1#post8373362

You should take a look if you get the chance their assessments are sound and unbiased.

Here's Cosell and the link to Waldman's assessments: (you actually posted in that thread a few posts after Cosell's assessment)

http://www.extremeskins.com/showthread.php?347823-A-Closer-Look-at-John-Beck-2010-Preseasn-Cards-amp-Jets/page3

Razzano's assessment appears in this thread: (its one of the lasts post in the thread)

http://www.extremeskins.com/showthread.php?348966-Who-is-the-more-physically-gifted-QB-Rex-Grossman-or-John-Beck&p=8373362&viewfull=1#post8373362

You should take a look if you get the chance their assessments are sound and unbiased.

So I did. I completely forgot then. Thanks for the reminder. :silly:

Gotcha. I wasn't saying I had, nor had I heard Cosell's, Razzano's, or Waldman's assessments. Thanks for the sanity check.

---------- Post added July-15th-2011 at 11:24 PM ----------

Draft picks, Moss, extending Landry and probably Davis will take a big chunk out of that

Davis?

Rumors have it the FO wants to extend Fred. Keep him as a viable second option behind Cooley.

Would Fred Davis want to sign an extention? He proved that he can produce like a starting TE 2 years ago and was our best receiver last year.

You would think Fred would want to hit the open market.

But, I hope they lock him up and finally decided to feature both TE in the offense ala the Pats.

Re: Jammal Brown/RT

I can understand Jamal Brown as an insurance policy if they don't land a better RT but I don't know why they would specifically target him.

Would Fred Davis want to sign an extention? He proved that he can produce like a starting TE 2 years ago and was our best receiver last year.

You would think Fred would want to hit the open market.

But, I hope they lock him up and finally decided to feature both TE in the offense ala the Pats.

Re: Jammal Brown/RT

I can understand Jamal Brown as an insurance policy if they don't land a better RT but I don't know why they would specifically target him.

I agree with you on Davis. I would love us to extend him but think he will want paying as a starter and might want to go elsewhere anyway to get the chance to start.

On Brown I thought he played well the last couple of games as he got healthy. I would be fine with bringing him back personally.

I agree with you on Davis. I would love us to extend him but think he will want paying as a starter and might want to go elsewhere anyway to get the chance to start.

On Brown I thought he played well the last couple of games as he got healthy. I would be fine with bringing him back personally.

I guess it depends on the money.

Jammal Brown wasn't good enough in my eyes to warrant the type of money I think he'll get.

I think we could get an outright upgrade at RT for the same money we would pay Brown.

In fact based on Brown's level of play last year I would even be okay w/consider bringing in a journeyman RT to compete with Oldenburg/Capers and just letting him walk.

Journeymen: Basically looking for the FA versions of our own Monty/Licht guys that got a chance to play and played well enough to garner a look as a starter:

Pat McQuistan

Ryan Cook

Longshots to bring in to compete for the job:

Rashad Butler (scheme familiarity w/ Kyle in Houston but only 4 career starts)

At G I said Harvey dahl is a possibility. Brown played well and pushed past the hip and we did send a pick for him.

Yeah I thought Brown struggled the first 8 or 9 games, you could see he was still struggling with the hip and it was hurting his mobility, quickness and ability to anchor. The last 3 or 4 games though has he got healthy he looked much better.

Dahl would be a nice upgrade at RG but I think he will have a few teams chasing him.

Archived