Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

4 words I never thought I'd say.........I'm moving to Dallas!!!

MintHillSkinsFan

Just got an offer for a promotion; moving to Dallas and also carrying responsibility for Houston, San Antonio and Austin. It's a great opportunity that was too good to refuse. At least I'll be able to see the 'Skins at Jerruh World once a year!! Can't wait to rock the B&G and sneak a Romo sits to pee photo into the urinals for everyone to pee on!! Looking forward to the tailgates too!

Any advice on the area is appreciated. My office is in Addison and right now I'm looking in the Mckinney area due to the schools.

Congrats on the promotion and new move man. I can't give you any info on Big D as such as I've only visited, but if those short spells are any indication, you'll have a blast. As much as we detest those thingies with the stars on their helmets, and Dallas fans in general; Texans really are great, salt of the Earth people. I'm sure you and yours will love your time down South.

Hail.

Texans really are great, salt of the Earth people. I'm sure you and yours will love your time down South.

Hail.

Yeah, I don't have a problem with Texans. Generally great people in my experience as well. Hell, I can even respect homegrown Cowboys fans being as they don't know any better. Doesn't mean I'm developing any kind of soft spot for that stupid star though!!

Yeah, I don't have a problem with Texans. Generally great people in my experience as well. Hell, I can even respect homegrown Cowboys fans being as they don't know any better. Doesn't mean I'm developing any kind of soft spot for that stupid star though!!

I haven't had any problems with Cowboy fans who are from Texas. It is the inbred bandwagon idiots who get on my nerves. :doh:

Congrats, man! Welcome to Tejas!

Dallas is such a great town. Tons to do. Great restaurants. Great shopping. But it is like 106 here/there right now :)

I just moved from the area last year because our family just wanted to get out of the urban environment and get out more in the sticks to raise our kids. We lived in Garland while there, which is not a bad area, but does not have the best schools.

I think for you I'd recommend checking out the Flower Mound area (or Denton if you want a bit more house for your buck), Frisco (straight north of Addison, has been in an insanse building boom for about a decade), or as you mentioned McKinney. McKinney has really exploded over the past 5 years or so. Seems to have good schools, and the metroplex is definitely expanding up towards it (I75 corridor). Also, I believe with the development of 121 in the area, the commute to Addison should be significantly better than it would have been in the past. Traffic in Dallas is pretty consistently horrible, so be prepared :)

Good luck with the promotion!

It's these twenty-two hundred

And twenty-five dollar

Pair o' handmade genuine fine

Horned-back kicks

With a seven-row stitch

And a three dollar sidewalk shine

Yeah they're made to fit

and they're hard to find

Make a pretty woman look down each time

I got the baddest boots on the boulevard

http://www.boots2heal.com/yahoo_site_admin/assets/images/Wilson_3_Cowboy_Boots_Wimberley_Texas_16x24_canvas_print_photography.306223606_large.jpg

SuperStock_1815-47713.jpg

Sure you're ready for Texas? :silly:

Archived