Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

FoxSports: Leonard Pope saves drowning child

dreamshatterer

Kansas City Chiefs tight end Leonard Pope saved a six-year-old boy from drowning in his Georgia hometown, the Americus Times-Recorder reported Monday.

Pope, who would typically be off training under the supervision of Chiefs' coaches and staff if not for the NFL lockout, was visiting his hometown of Americus in southern Georgia when he reportedly performed the heroic deed.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/leonard-pope-kansas-city-chiefs-saves-drowning-six-year-old-boy-061311/?gt1=39002

*Click link For more*

Yeah, i don't want to take away from the story, but a pool party and no one is around the pool but mom, and no one can swim?

I have heard of people picking up cars to save a life. How can someone not be able to jump in the pool, or at very best have someone in the pool alreay. Maybe some floaties or something.

None the less, good job Mr. Pope.

Yeah, seriously. 6 year old kid is drowning and the mom just screams? For real? She can't pull him to the side of the pool?

Crazy Part... Here in Az, a lady drowned cuz she jumped in a pool that she thought her son was drowning in. Unfortunately he was just splashing around and having fun.

Link:

www.azcentral.com/.../20110523glendale-woman-died-drowned-saving-son-abrk.html

I find it crazy that people don't know how to swim. Its so freaking easy, c'mon... seriously swimming lessons take like 5 seconds: learn to tread water and then if you wanna get REALLY technical learn to doggie paddle around a pool. Learning to swim couldn't be easier than it is when you know someone who owns a pool or you...uhh...you know...own a pool yourself...you can't claim you don't have access to a pool to learn.

ALL those parents should be utterly ashamed and be having SERIOUS questions asked about their ability to be parents.

You organize a pool party, with kids in the water, and NOBODY there can swim. Are you freaking kidding me! Utterly disgraceful. Nice story on Pope, but utterly disgraceful parenting.

Hail.

"The fact that he is normally at camp and could have been in Kansas City just proved to me that he was placed here to save my son from drowning, and I thank God that he was here," Moore said..

Why did God allow your son to be in that position in the first place?

People have free will to make choices what mskes u think God allowed it? U must think that every bad thing that happens, God allows. Anywyz good job pope. There was a reason u was there!!

My point is she credits God for putting Pope in a position to save her child but not for putting her child in that position to begin with. If he had a hand in it he had a hand in both. The reason Pope was there was because he was invited to the party not because of some divine intervention.

Archived