Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

nbcdfw.com - Mom Sues Chuck E. for Fostering Gambling

Capt. Kaos

How many of you who hate Chuck E. Cheese have:

a) been there in the past ten years

B) have kids

I love it. For twenty bucks and the price of a pitcher you can let your kid run around and play games for a couple hours while you sit and have a beer. If they get to pick out some useless plastic trinkets at the end of the night so much the better.

I really don't know what the problem is.

Oh, and as far as this lawsuit goes. I think the fellow mom quoted in the story says it best:

“Check E. Cheese’s serves beer and pizza and they watch your kids for two hours,” Morgan Quinn Benzian said in the AOL article. “[Keller] better not [intercourse] it up for the rest of us.”

I don't HATE Chuck E Cheese but I prefer not to go there. I do have a kid and took her there 3 years ago because friends invited us. The kids had fun and the beer made it tolerable for me but we did not let Chuck E Cheese watch our kids, we followed them around and kept an eye on them the whole time. (Crazy I know)

The next time we got together I chose the activity- Took the kids to the beach and let them play in the sand. We brought our own drinks and snacks and after they were finished playing we cooked steaks and hot dogs on the park grill. It was a nice time for everyone, the food was great instead of pathetic, the kids were playing outside instead of inside, I got to choose my own beer and it cost less than our day at Mr. Cheese's. I am glad that all the other kids were inside playing games though because the park was relatively quiet. :)

I would LOVE to see Chuck E. Cheese wiped from the face of the Earth. This lawsuit is perhaps the stupidest of all possible methodologies.

I have kids, and they like it. They always come back cranky and fighting, though. I think the loud noises and flashing lights just gets to you, eventually. Also, the pizza is lousy. I'd rather take them to a park/zoo/museum any day. Even a crappy kids movie is cheaper/saner than an afternoon at Chuck E Cheese.

I don't HATE Chuck E Cheese but I prefer not to go there. I do have a kid and took her there 3 years ago because friends invited us. The kids had fun and the beer made it tolerable for me but we did not let Chuck E Cheese watch our kids, we followed them around and kept an eye on them the whole time. (Crazy I know)

The next time we got together I chose the activity- Took the kids to the beach and let them play in the sand. We brought our own drinks and snacks and after they were finished playing we cooked steaks and hot dogs on the park grill. It was a nice time for everyone, the food was great instead of pathetic, the kids were playing outside instead of inside, I got to choose my own beer and it cost less than our day at Mr. Cheese's. I am glad that all the other kids were inside playing games though because the park was relatively quiet. :)

If we were presented with only two choices in life: Chuck E. Cheese or BBQing on the beach, I guarantee you I'd pick the beach every time. :)

Sure the pizza stinks, and there are screaming kids running all over, but the games are all 25 cents and if you eat before you go in you can let your kids eat the pizza and then run around for an hour or so before their tokens are all gone, then you don't have to do it again for another year. Oh go mid-day or mid-week. The kids get their fix and I get to be a hero....win win.

That's the way to do it. Eat before you go, maybe get something to drink, fork out 20 bucks for tokens and let them run amok. My sons barely even need the tokens, they go crazy on the playground.

Well, that WAS my goal. :)

you also forgot to include they get to spend time with their friends there. we are all looking at it from the perspective of the adult, the kids LOVE this place. i know when i was younger whenever we got to go to CEC, DZ, or any arcade in general, it was a good night. i'm sure these kids aren't looking at it like, we are gambling, or we get cheap plastic crap at the end of the night. they are just enjoying themselves, this lady is an idiot for attempting to take that away from kids.

---------- Post added May-18th-2011 at 07:37 AM ----------

If we were presented with only two choices in life: Chuck E. Cheese or BBQing on the beach, I guarantee you I'd pick the beach every time. :)

problem is i live a good 3 hours from any decent beach

Archived