Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

nbcdfw.com - Mom Sues Chuck E. for Fostering Gambling

Capt. Kaos

Heck, I wouldn't mind the judge fining her and her lawyer. We got a deficit and got to start raising money somehow. That's start charging idiots who start up frivilous lawsuits. I think a 10% fee would be fair. She wants 5 million. If her case is tossed out she owes the court 500,000.

Personally, I hope she wins. I hate Chuck E Cheese. I am dreading the day my children are old enough to talk me into taking them there.

How many pounds of dried up encrusted snot and saliva do you suppose is ground into the playground equipment inside a chuck e cheese? And for chrissakes, do you think they could NOT **** up the pizza? That's all they do, and it tastes like ****. Inexcusable.

Blow it out your ass lady.

---------- Post added May-16th-2011 at 05:55 PM ----------

Personally, I hope she wins. I hate Chuck E Cheese. I am dreading the day my children are old enough to talk me into taking them there.

How many pounds of dried up encrusted snot and saliva do you suppose is ground into the playground equipment inside a chuck e cheese? And for chrissakes, do you think they could NOT **** up the pizza? That's all they do, and it tastes like ****. Inexcusable.

It does suck though. Discovery Zone was vastyl superior.

Sure the pizza stinks, and there are screaming kids running all over, but the games are all 25 cents and if you eat before you go in you can let your kids eat the pizza and then run around for an hour or so before their tokens are all gone, then you don't have to do it again for another year. Oh go mid-day or mid-week. The kids get their fix and I get to be a hero....win win.

do you think they could NOT **** up the pizza? That's all they do, and it tastes like ****. Inexcusable.

Worst pizza on earth, and it ain't close.

As for the merits of the case, it seems pretty ridiculous to me. But Larry clued me in on why the McDonald's coffee case was legit. I'd like to see what he (and Teej and Predicto) have to say about this.

---------- Post added May-16th-2011 at 06:14 PM ----------

The kids get their fix and I get to be a hero....win win.

I guess being my hero isn't rewarding enough? ;)

I guess being my hero isn't rewarding enough? ;)

You don't buy me Christmas or Father's day presents, and I can't remember the last time you gave me a hug for no reason. So they kinda have you beat there, but if you want to go with us the Chuck E. Cheese next time let me know. ;)

LOL, as a father of two young ladies, I soooooo appreciate this sentiment!

As to the story, I always wonder how these cases even make it this far. Our legal system needs some serious work.

Sure the pizza stinks, and there are screaming kids running all over, but the games are all 25 cents and if you eat before you go in you can let your kids eat the pizza and then run around for an hour or so before their tokens are all gone, then you don't have to do it again for another year. Oh go mid-day or mid-week. The kids get their fix and I get to be a hero....win win.

Asbury = The kind of dad who watches cartoons with his kids on Saturday mornings.

Zoony = The kind of dad who puts rat poison in the backyard to kill Micky Mouse.

Asbury = The kind of dad who watches cartoons with his kids on Saturday mornings.

Zoony = The kind of dad who puts rat poison in the backyard to kill Micky Mouse.

Actually, I have put rat poison in the backyard. Well, crawlspace, technically.

Hahaha well props to both you... At this stage of my life I have enough trouble taking care of myself, let alone a bunch of young whippersnappers. I haven't been to Chuck E's in like 15 years probably, but I still get a little excited every time I randomly pass one in a car.

My kids will definitely be slamming down that D-grade pizza while sitting front row at the greatest mechanical-animal-band concert they will ever see.

My kids will definitely be slamming down that D-grade pizza while sitting front row at the greatest mechanical-animal-band concert they will ever see.

make sure you got good health insurance. :) Actually, I think most doctors will prescribe antibiotics to your child in advance of a visit to Chuck E Cheese nowadays.

make sure you got good health insurance. :) Actually, I think most doctors will prescribe antibiotics to your child in advance of a visit to Chuck E Cheese nowadays.

By the same token, I think doctors pretty much prescribe antibiotics for waking up in the morning these days.

There is also something extremely creepy about those animatronic characters up on stage.

This could be drawn out and full of merit, or drawn out and pointless. It all seems speculative and goes on a few issues: Whether it does foster a gambling environment, whether the games are that close to an actual gambling game, what is an arcade v. a chuck e cheese?

It seems pretty weak, again, from what I've read, this case just goes by "what should be" and whether that is actually relevant. Of course reading the actual complaint may lead to more answers, or solidify how this case seems dumb.

My friend and I were thrown out of Chuck E. Cheese not once, but twice. For no apparent reason either. We were both 17 and went in to play some games because Fun Land was closed for a lockin. We played a few games, and even ordered a pizza and a pitcher of soda. An employee came up asking us how old we were, and we told the truth. She said we needed to have an adult aged 18 or older. So we left and grabbed his brother who was 19. We came back, and spent I don't know how long owning the skeeball games, when the same employee came back. She asked us to leave again. We said it was ok because we had someone over 18 with us. She asked who it was and I said my friend brother who is 19. He was playing skeeball as well. She said that wasn't acceptable and told us to leave before she called the cops. I said we did exactly as she asked, we spent quite a bit of money in there, and we weren't being a disturbance. She got her manager and threatened to call the cops again. I told her to lick my butt and we left AFTER exchanging our copious amounts of tickets for prizes.

I will never go to a Chuck E. Cheese again.

---------- Post added May-17th-2011 at 09:45 AM ----------

On a side note, my friend scored a whole roll of tickets in Fun Land. He found it behind one of the games in there. We bought everything we wanted from them over the next couple weekends and felt like kings.

The place really is a scam. They sucker kids in, make parents spend gobs of money for chance to play games and win 4 tickets per coin. Then they go to trade in their 500 tickets for 3 little green army men. All the while, half the games don't work, kids run around like they are zoo animals, the food is crappy, half the dads are buzzed off the beer and who knows what treasures your little 4 year old finds in the big ball room.

I hope she closes the place down!!

Archived