Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

B/R: Kiper and McShay have Redskins taking Ryan Williams

ballin86

It's Kiper and McShay, not JLC.

Exactly, they both shot around the 20% range for the first round which isn't too bad, beat my 15% haha

I'm not too sure it will happen though, but I'm thinkin if we don't get a QB there is a chance it could happen. If you can't improve the passing game, improve the running game.

Torain, K. Williams, J. Davis. Shanny doesn't take RBs high. I say it doesn't happen.

Clinton Portis, Quinten Griffin and Tatum Bell were all 2nd round RB picks in Denver during the Shanny era.

He's known for getting production out of late round guys, but that doesn't mean I never drafts them high.

In the end, I agree with you -- I think he feels good about Torrain as the starter next year, though I do believe we'll take a back in the 5th, 6th or 7th. Torrain just can't stay healthy, Williams is suited to be more of a 3rd down back, and I like Davis but he's more of a grinder than a home run hitter.

What about Ryan Williams AND Greg Little? How would you feel about that?

Enraptured.

But such thoughts will invariably lead to me thinking that Natalie Portman is at home making lemon squares for me right now...

---------- Post added April-29th-2011 at 07:59 PM ----------

Clinton Portis, Quinten Griffin and Tatum Bell were all 2nd round RB picks in Denver during the Shanny era.

He's known for getting production out of late round guys, but that doesn't mean I never drafts them high.

In the end, I agree with you -- I think he feels good about Torrain as the starter next year, though I do believe we'll take a back in the 5th, 6th or 7th. Torrain just can't stay healthy, Williams is suited to be more of a 3rd down back, and I like Davis but he's more of a grinder than a home run hitter.

I agree with you. If Shanny sees the talent, he'll make the pick.

But Griffin was a 4th round pick.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quentin_Griffin

Griffin was drafted by the Denver Broncos of the National Football League with the 11th pick of the fourth round (108th overall)

As time passes I really want Ryan Williams more and more. He can carry the team as a primary back (2009 season) and can also be a part of a committee (2010 season). He is one of the most complete running backs in this draft and could have easily been a first round pick had he stayed another year at VT.

Torian's injury prone and K Williams and J Davis are scrubs.

And he drafted Portis at 51, Bell at 41

True, but I just don't see RB as big a need as say DE, NT, C/G or WR. K Williams was a very good 3rd down back for us and Davis hasn't had enough carries in the system to see what he can do.

Good stuff. I agree with you. He may look for a veteran in free agency or like you said, wait until the 5th round. We have 2 fifths.

As long as we're filling holes with guys that can be solid starters, I'm happy. RB wasn't high on my list, but my list won't be completed this offseason regardless. I just want steps towards the future. Ryan Williams fits the bill.

Archived