Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Washington Redskins Pick Ryan Kerrigan with the 16th Pick (NFL Draft Vid 2011)

skinofwar

9 or 1?  

7 members have voted

1. 1. 9 or 1?

• Other

NFL Network's Mike Mayock indicated on Path to the Draft Monday night that plenty of teams believe Purdue DE Ryan Kerrigan can play outside linebacker in a 3-4 defense. "I've heard Ray Edwards comparisons," said Mayock. "I've heard Mike Vrabel comparisons. That's good news for Ryan Kerrigan." It's good news because Kerrigan is "scheme versatile," and will appeal to every team in the draft. We can imagine him going as high as No. 11 to Houston, but not falling by New England at 17.

http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/42543471/sports/player_news

I know he's not the sexy pick the majority of us wanted, but I'm so pumped to see him line against the NFC

Yep...he stood up to the big boys in the Big 10 (33 sacks and 14 forced fumbles)....I think he will do JUST fine in DC! Now opposing team wont be able to double or/and hold Orakpo on EVERY play!

I know he's not the sexy pick the majority of us wanted, but I'm so pumped to see him line against the NFC

Well, when you drop back to 16th, the picks don't get nearly as sexy in general. Personally, I'm happy we picked up an extra pick and got a pretty good player at a position of need.

NFL Network's Mike Mayock indicated on Path to the Draft Monday night that plenty of teams believe Purdue DE Ryan Kerrigan can play outside linebacker in a 3-4 defense. "I've heard Ray Edwards comparisons," said Mayock. "I've heard Mike Vrabel comparisons. That's good news for Ryan Kerrigan." It's good news because Kerrigan is "scheme versatile," and will appeal to every team in the draft. We can imagine him going as high as No. 11 to Houston, but not falling by New England at 17.

http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/42543471/sports/player_news

Funny how Mayock said all these good things about him, but when the Redskins selected him, Mayock all of a sudden said he is "risky"; ugh.

Either way Im super happy Ryan is gonna be a beast.

Well, when you drop back to 16th, the picks don't get nearly as sexy in general. Personally, I'm happy we picked up an extra pick and got a pretty good player at a position of need.

QTF. Originally I was all for Gabbert, but since trading back and not having Locker of Gabbert available, I was happy to see us address the OLB position. Everything I have seen of Kerrigan has been awesome. Super addition to the side opposite of Orakpo.

We don't need "sexy" picks. We need blue collar guys who will bust their ass to win. Players that take it personally when they lose. Kerrigan seems to fit the bill, and is exactly the type of player we need in Washington to bring the team into the next era. It's absolutely amazing how good it feels to have competent people running the show.

2nd round in a few hours. I'll have some more thank you. :)

We don't need "sexy" picks. We need blue collar guys who will bust their ass to win. Players that take it personally when they lose. Kerrigan seems to fit the bill, and is exactly the type of player we need in Washington to bring the team into the next era. It's absolutely amazing how good it feels to have competent people running the show.

2nd round in a few hours. I'll have some more thank you. :)

So ****ing happy right now. I love having a real front office. Don't you? :) This is what we have been missing the past decade, haha.

The audio is kind of weird but thanks for posting the vid. Other than the maddening part of the Redskins seemingly never ending trying to turn DE's into OLB's, I LOVE sliding down 6 slots and picking up a 2nd. We need almost everything and if the FO thinks this is our guy, I'm behind it.

Now we have the 9th and 17th picks in Round 2. And Round 2 is where you pick up the best players with the most value. Well done Skins.

I'll give yesterday a solid A-.

Great move trading back. This team has many holes. Getting another 2nd was exactly what the doctor ordered.

Kerrigan fills a need. It wasn't sexy and there is some risk with him, hence the A- and not A+, but he's apparently a hard worker and a good kid. Two attributes that can go a long way towards making a good player and a great Redskin.

And the sexy picks haven't been working out for Skins. Trading down and taking a solid, non-sexy, player is something a Pittsburgh or New England would do, and I'm happy with that.

I'm on board with yesterday's moves.

Other than the maddening part of the Redskins seemingly never ending trying to turn DE's into OLB's....

I hear you, but truth be told, all 3-4 teams in the NFL have to do the samething when they draft DE's out of college, since most college teams run the 4-3. Just sayin'.

I was so sure they were taking Gabbert when he fell to 10, haha, shows how much I know. I was hoping they would have gotten more from Jax. but I will take the extra 2nd rounder. I like the Kerrigan move though, the 'Skins have so many holes to fill and this was a great start to the draft, excited to see what today brings.

The audio is kind of weird but thanks for posting the vid. Other than the maddening part of the Redskins seemingly never ending trying to turn DE's into OLB's, I LOVE sliding down 6 slots and picking up a 2nd. We need almost everything and if the FO thinks this is our guy, I'm behind it.

People keep saying that, but just about all 3-4 OLB are converted DEs. Fact is, many college players need to change positions in the NFL because the NFL is a different game.

And the sexy picks haven't been working out for Skins. Trading down and taking a solid, non-sexy, player is something a Pittsburgh or New England would do, and I'm happy with that.

Our 1st round draft picks generally haven't been the problem, so I really don't get this comment. The team has mostly been money in hitting 1st round draft picks. It is the other picks that we have had issues.

Why is the phrase "He's a high motor guy" reserved for White Defensive Lineman? You never hear this description for any other position, and 99% of the time, it's used for a white guy. The implications on both sides of the fence are unnerving if inaccurate, at best. It's Jimmy the Greek watered down and veiled, but it's still there.

Jered Weaver, Grant Wistrom, Chris Long, Ryan Kerrigan, the list goes on and on.

Three times in the span of 45 seconds last night, three different analysts on the NFL Network used this phrase to describe Kerrigan.

Why is the phrase "He's a high motor guy" reserved for White Defensive Lineman? You never hear this description for any other position, and 99% of the time, it's used for a white guy. The implications on both sides of the fence are unnerving if inaccurate, at best. It's Jimmy the Greek watered down and veiled, but it's still there.

Jered Weaver, Grant Wistrom, Chris Long, Ryan Kerrigan, the list goes on and on.

Three times in the span of 45 seconds last night, three different analysts on the NFL Network used this phrase to describe Kerrigan.

Archived