Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Washington Redskins Pick Ryan Kerrigan with the 16th Pick (NFL Draft Vid 2011)

skinofwar

9 or 1?  

7 members have voted

1. 1. 9 or 1?

• Other

People keep saying that, but just about all 3-4 OLB are converted DEs. Fact is, many college players need to change positions in the NFL because the NFL is a different game.

Our 1st round draft picks generally haven't been the problem, so I really don't get this comment. The team has mostly been money in hitting 1st round draft picks. It is the other picks that we have had issues.

Where did I say "1st round draft picks"? Yes, a couple of those have hit, but overall, the Skins drafts for years have been littered with sexier picks that have not worked out. Who can forget DT, Fred Davis, and Kelly? That's just one round of one draft.

Point is, Kerrigan does not fit the mold of past Redskin picks. And that's a good thing.

Where did I say "1st round draft picks"? Yes, a couple of those have hit, but overall, the Skins drafts for years have been littered with sexier picks that have not worked out. Who can forget DT, Fred Davis, and Kelly? That's just one round of one draft.

Point is, Kerrigan does not fit the mold of past Redskin picks. And that's a good thing.

VERY good thing not to fit the mold (with an exception of Orakpo)

Sorry, but I don't see the difference. Thomas and Kelly were picks that addressed a need on this team, not much different than Kerrigan.

Love the pick....... The defence got an immediate upgrade! He is going to be a really good pass rusher, but he also has the bulk to stop the run well, so he isnt just one demensional.

And he's STRONG, man. 40 reps of 225!

Why is the phrase "He's a high motor guy" reserved for White Defensive Lineman? You never hear this description for any other position, and 99% of the time, it's used for a white guy. The implications on both sides of the fence are unnerving if inaccurate, at best. It's Jimmy the Greek watered down and veiled, but it's still there.

Jered Weaver, Grant Wistrom, Chris Long, Ryan Kerrigan, the list goes on and on.

Three times in the span of 45 seconds last night, three different analysts on the NFL Network used this phrase to describe Kerrigan.

Gimme a break dude.

http://www.nfl.com/seniorbowl/story/09000d5d81d23a68/article/top-college-senior-prospects-for-2011-nfl-draft

---------- Post added April-29th-2011 at 05:29 PM ----------

As for this pick, after sleeping on it I'm feeling even better. I think he's an immediate starter and at worst will be a pretty good player, with a high ceiling. I really think we need to add one guy on the DL and then I honestly won't care what the other 2nd round pick is. NT/DE and OLB will make for two good additions this year.

Gimme a break dude.

http://www.nfl.com/seniorbowl/story/09000d5d81d23a68/article/top-college-senior-prospects-for-2011-nfl-draft

---------- Post added April-29th-2011 at 05:29 PM ----------

As for this pick, after sleeping on it I'm feeling even better. I think he's an immediate starter and at worst will be a pretty good player, with a high ceiling. I really think we need to add one guy on the DL and then I honestly won't care what the other 2nd round pick is. NT/DE and OLB will make for two good additions this year.

The big thing with Kerrigan is he will not have to worry about being the top guy in the defense and he will not have to worry about the double teams as much with the Redskins because of the fact that we have Orakpo on the other side who is gonna get massive attention. Plus, you cant hold BOTH of them every game...Orakpo was held much of the 2010 season.

Why is the phrase "He's a high motor guy" reserved for White Defensive Lineman? You never hear this description for any other position, and 99% of the time, it's used for a white guy. The implications on both sides of the fence are unnerving if inaccurate, at best. It's Jimmy the Greek watered down and veiled, but it's still there.

Jered Weaver, Grant Wistrom, Chris Long, Ryan Kerrigan, the list goes on and on.

Three times in the span of 45 seconds last night, three different analysts on the NFL Network used this phrase to describe Kerrigan.

Indeed, you think with his combine performance, they could compare him to say....Orakpo. Very similar combine performances. ;)

I agree with Gruden. We do need to find our QB of the future while filling needs.

I don't agree with Gruden. The Offensive line needs significant upgrading before anyone of value is placed behind them. Our current line couldn't prevent young healthy girls from being molested by old perverts in power scooters (with the exception of the left tackle).

All this talk of getting a QB this year is just "Vinny-talk".

I like the pick, he creates turnovers... not sure how well he'll do in space or in coverage. Da'Quan Bowers is so much more explosive, but the knee issue is HUGE. I'm glad we traded down and still got a starter at OLB.

---------- Post added April-30th-2011 at 03:07 PM ----------

I don't agree with Gruden. The Offensive line needs significant upgrading before anyone of value is placed behind them. Our current line couldn't prevent young healthy girls from being molested by old perverts in power scooters (with the exception of the left tackle).

We could draft a QB late rounds 5-7... He's not going to start right away, but we need to get as many looks as possible to find someone.

While the analogy is, interesting, I totally agree. This philosophy is how a player gets Ramsey-ed.

I like the Kerrigan pick. I'm a little worried that we're going to be extremely easy to exploit (alliteration win) underneath, unless we keep Landry up front a lot. Which I guess that we will. So nevermind.

Good pick!

Archived