Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2011-12 CAA Football Thread

bushwack

You coming down for the game? Should be another sell out this week

I won't be able to make it on Saturday, but I'm hoping to be down there next weekend. My seats are so bad this year that I'd almost rather watch on TV (crazy saying that about a JMU home game - times have changed).

You heading down there this weekend?

EDIT: :ols: Just realized you must be a student.

I won't be able to make it on Saturday, but I'm hoping to be down there next weekend. My seats are so bad this year that I'd almost rather watch on TV (crazy saying that about a JMU home game - times have changed).

You heading down there this weekend?

EDIT: :ols: Just realized you must be a student.

:ols: i'm a soph here man and yeah my seats are pretty bad ;)

I renewed my season tickets late and definitely underestimated the demand for tickets in the new stadium.

Its crazy as this year every game has been a sell out and for this weekend it's looking like another sellout. 5 sell outs this year will be huge as this team has really showed a lot of poise through everything. Beating Maine this weekend will be with Villanova the week after(who we should beat as well)

Its crazy as this year every game has been a sell out and for this weekend it's looking like another sellout. 5 sell outs this year will be huge as this team has really showed a lot of poise through everything. Beating Maine this weekend will be with Villanova the week after(who we should beat as well)

Tell your fellow students to stay past halftime this time - drove me nuts last week when I look over and 3/4 of the students have left during halftime of a Homecoming game against an in-state rival.

Tell your fellow students to stay past halftime this time - drove me nuts last week when I look over and 3/4 of the students have left during halftime of a Homecoming game against an in-state rival.

It was frustrating but considering it had just started to rain and its homecoming which means a lot of the students are there to just be there. This week you'll see them stay and I was one who did stay the whole game last week and the other home game. They'll stay if its a good game and the weather is decent.

Week 6 Results:

New Hampshire 47 vs. Villanova 17

ODU 31 vs. Rhode Island 23

Maine 25 vs. JMU 24 OT

Delaware 21 vs. W&M 0

UMass 42 vs. CCSU 26

Towson 31 vs. Richmond 28

CAA Standings:

Maine (4-1, 2-0)

New Hampshire (4-1, 2-0)

Towson (4-1, 2-0)

ODU (5-1, 2-1)

Delaware (4-2, 2-1)

JMU (4-2, 2-1)

UMass (3-2, 1-1)

W&M (3-3, 1-2)

Richmond (3-2, 0-2)

Rhode Island (1-4, 0-2)

Villanova (1-5, 0-3)

I fully expect to lose to ODU this week.

I can't wait for Saturday!

Who would have thought that the preseason #10 & #11 teams would have 2 losses combined and would both be nationally ranked, and have real chance at the playoffs.

---------- Post added October-10th-2011 at 01:37 PM ----------

TSN's FCS Top 25 Poll for Week 7:

http://www.sportsnetwork.com/merge/tsnform.aspx?c=sportsnetwork&page=cfoot2/misc/tsn-div-1aa-poll.htm

#6 New Hampshire

#9 Delaware

#12 Maine

#13 JMU

#16 W&M

#17 Towson

#18 ODU

#20 Richmond

hey guys i don't know much about the CAA, however my school is starting football in 2013 and it looks like the CAA wants Charlotte, Richmond, and George Washington from the A-10. I know Charlotte applied as a football only school, but CAA declined. However, it looks like Charlotte would be very receptive to moving basketball to the CAA also if they got Richmond and GW.

This is just from local media reports I've seen here so I don't know how much substance there is. You guys heard anything?

This Saturday will be Towson's biggest game in a long time. I don't think we'll win, but with how they've played so far, I guess anything is possible.

I'll be sure to do some Towson player hazing on Saturday. F.B. Ballard stadium is going to be rockin!

hey guys i don't know much about the CAA, however my school is starting football in 2013 and it looks like the CAA wants Charlotte, Richmond, and George Washington from the A-10. I know Charlotte applied as a football only school, but CAA declined. However, it looks like Charlotte would be very receptive to moving basketball to the CAA also if they got Richmond and GW.

This is just from local media reports I've seen here so I don't know how much substance there is. You guys heard anything?

Haven't heard much about that. I'd be surprised if Richmond came back to the CAA for all sports, they fit in well with the schools in the A10.

Sigh, I remember when we had football...

Yep, nothing like tailgating on a crisp, fall day and then heading into a sold out stadium to watch your Alma Mater play.

I'm assuming both Northeastern & Hofstra didn't have the fan support/revenue they needed to keep their programs afloat. Sucks because both schools will be left behind whenever re-alignment takes effect at the D-1 AA level.

Yep, nothing like tailgating on a crisp, fall day and then heading into a sold out stadium to watch your Alma Mater play.

I'm assuming both Northeastern & Hofstra didn't have the fan support/revenue they needed to keep their programs afloat. Sucks because both schools will be left behind whenever re-alignment takes effect at the D-1 AA level.

Well, I don't know about Hofstra but unlike the rest of the CAA, we have D1 hockey to support and in New England that's a much higher priority, so that combined with low attendance/sucking = kill the football program. I mean to be honest, it would've been hard to convince me to go to an FCS game when all my friends get to see FBS but would be nice.

Archived