Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2011-12 CAA Football Thread

bushwack

I still feel sick to my stomach, 4th & ****ing 29?!?!?. ODU dominated that game, and had a chance to put Towson away early in the 3rd quarter after we recovered the onside kick, but Vaughn was not able to hold onto the pass in the end zone, which would have made the game 42-24. Congrats to Towson and their fans, y'all hung in there and never gave up. I hope the defensive coaches for ODU teach our guys how to tackle and not just try to strip the ****ing ball which allows the offensive player to gain several more yards and score!

Week 7 Results:

W&M 24 vs. New Hampshire 10

Maine 27 vs. Rhode Island 21

JMU 34 vs. Villanova 10

UMass 21 vs. Delaware 10

Towson 39 vs. ODU 35

I have to say, really glad this is the first year I can remember where JMU doesn't have Towson on the schedule.

Hopefully we can play them in the playoffs - if we can make it there.

It'll be interesting to see how JMU finishes out this year. I feel like they've finally figured out the O as Jace played very well and was apparently doing so with a separated shoulder. ODU JMU will be the telling game but I do see us beating URI and probably beating UMass while losing to UNH.

It'll be interesting to see how JMU finishes out this year. I feel like they've finally figured out the O as Jace played very well and was apparently doing so with a separated shoulder. ODU JMU will be the telling game but I do see us beating URI and probably beating UMass while losing to UNH.

I expect to beat UNH, and will be disappointed if we don't. We usually find a way to slow their offense down while exposing their lack of defense.

ODU is a game that I am worried about.

I expect to beat UNH, and will be disappointed if we don't. We usually find a way to slow their offense down while exposing their lack of defense.

ODU is a game that I am worried about.

Its a game every JMU fan is concerned about because I'll be honest I was one of the people who thought ODU would be a bottom 3 CAA team this year.

late to the party but JMU Alum and season ticket holder here..

The only game left on the schedule that I'm potentially worried about is ODU. Their players are going to be some hyped that they may come out of the gate a little slow. I could see some early personal foul penalties against them as well. URI doesn't stand a chance in Bridgeforth. Mickey knows exactly how to gameplan against UNH and we match up very well against them. Who knows about UMass.

I think JMU finishes 9-2 and just misses getting a seed.

Also, never listen to Dukes n Skins - kid has no idea what he's talking about :cool:

Also, never listen to Dukes n Skins - kid has no idea what he's talking about :cool:

What section are your tickets in? I screwed up this year, need to figure out a way to move my seats for next season - whether I have to pay/donate more money or whatever.

The only game left on the schedule that I'm potentially worried about is ODU. Their players are going to be some hyped that they may come out of the gate a little slow. I could see some early personal foul penalties against them as well. URI doesn't stand a chance in Bridgeforth. Mickey knows exactly how to gameplan against UNH and we match up very well against them. Who knows about UMass.

I think JMU finishes 9-2 and just misses getting a seed.

Get a load of this guy..... :cool: haha the more I look at it the more I see a 9-2 finish if we play well and the O continues to play like it did last week against Villanova

What section are your tickets in? I screwed up this year, need to figure out a way to move my seats for next season - whether I have to pay/donate more money or whatever.

I'm in 407 row F - 2 tickets. I've sat in the endzone every game because my roommate who has the other ticket still has a girlfriend at JMU so we sit in the student section. I went up to my seats a couple times to check out the views and they're amazing. Highly recommend that section if you're looking for a good location in the upper deck.

Well we're going to find out over the next month how good Towson is when they go on the road and play W&M & Maine, and then host Delaware & New Hampshire.

Yup. I think they're a good team, but they will certainly be tested over the next month. Maine, UNH, and UD will be tough games for sure.

Week 8 Results:

Rhode Island 38 vs. Delaware 34

New Hampshire 27 vs. UMass 21

Maine 23 vs. Richmond 22

Towson 38 vs. W&M 27

ODU 37 vs. Villanova 14

Today's loss by W&M eliminated them from the playoffs, and Delaware's loss may have eliminated them as well, even though they may sneak into the playoffs if they win out, which will be tough with having to go to Towson, and then hosting Richmond & Villanova.

Towson took another step to prove they are legit and will be a playoff team this year.

ODU bounced back after last week's nightmare finish to pound Villanova and clinch a winning season in their 1st season in the CAA and to keep playoff hopes alive. All we have to do is win 2 out of our final 3 and we should be in at 8-3; however, doing so will not be an easy task with hosting JMU & Richmond in the next 2 weeks, and then traveling up I-64 to take on W&M.

ODU bounced back after last week's nightmare finish to pound Villanova and clinch a winning season in their 1st season in the CAA and to keep playoff hopes alive. All we have to do is win 2 out of our final 3 and we should be in at 8-3; however, doing so will not be an easy task with hosting JMU & Richmond in the next 2 weeks, and then traveling up I-64 to take on W&M.

Not an easy task, but not bad for only their 3rd year in existence.

Not an easy task, but not bad for only their 3rd year in existence.

Nope, and it's been made even harder with last week's meltdown.

Going into this season I said I would be happy with 5 wins, and ecstatic with 6 wins. We're at 6 wins and I'm ecstatic that we'll have at least a winning season in our first year in the CAA, and any win from here on out is gravy to me.

I know the team doesn't have this same mindset and they are set on making the playoffs, which would be great, but I'm not going to get my hopes up prematurely.

Wilder has built this program up the right way, playing lower opponents and raising the player's confidence and getting them to buy into his system. It doesn't hurt that we are in the heart of one of the largest, if not the largest, hotbeds for high school football in the Mid-Atlantic Region. This program is only going to continue to go up from here, and the sky is the limit.

Nope, and it's been made even harder with last week's meltdown.

Going into this season I said I would be happy with 5 wins, and ecstatic with 6 wins. We're at 6 wins and I'm ecstatic that we'll have at least a winning season in our first year in the CAA, and any win from here on out is gravy to me.

I know the team doesn't have this same mindset and they are set on making the playoffs, which would be great, but I'm not going to get my hopes up prematurely.

Wilder has built this program up the right way, playing lower opponents and raising the player's confidence and getting them to buy into his system. It doesn't hurt that we are in the heart of one of the largest, if not the largest, hotbeds for high school football in the Mid-Atlantic Region. This program is only going to continue to go up from here, and the sky is the limit.

Rgr, concur with all. It's so great to see the Monarchs doing so well. When I was going to school there, it seemed that having a football program would be an unrealized dream. Also, you are dead on WRT the recruiting area. It's nice to glean some of the Hampton Roads-area studs from Techs and Madison's of the region.

Week 8 Results:

Rhode Island 38 vs. Delaware 34

New Hampshire 27 vs. UMass 21

Maine 23 vs. Richmond 22

Towson 38 vs. W&M 27

ODU 37 vs. Villanova 14

Today's loss by W&M eliminated them from the playoffs, and Delaware's loss may have eliminated them as well, even though they may sneak into the playoffs if they win out, which will be tough with having to go to Towson, and then hosting Richmond & Villanova.

Towson took another step to prove they are legit and will be a playoff team this year.

UD is eliminated from playoff contention. They have a win against a d2 which doesn't count so even if they win out they still won't be eligible

UD is eliminated from playoff contention. They have a win against a d2 which doesn't count so even if they win out they still won't be eligible

I didn't want to jump the gun, and I didn't look over Delaware's schedule; but you are correct, Delaware will be playing the spoiler role along with W&M for the rest of the season.

It's looking more and more likely that the Maine/Towson game in two weeks will determine the CAA champion. Who would have ever thought that would happen.

Well no one thought that Towson or ODU would do much this year and both teams are in the top 25 and in the top 5 of the conference. While W&M was the highest ranked team in the conference starting the season and now there's no way they stay in the top 25 after yesterday.

Archived