Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

More Offseason Speculation: Espn Insider

BMORE SKINZ

Harris moving on?

10:44

AM ET

Ryan Harris | Broncos | Interested: Redskins?, Texans?

TopEmailComments

The Denver Broncos appear to be moving on from right tackle Ryan Harris this offseason, at least in the opinion of Denver Post scribe Jeff Legwold.

Though Harris' free agent status -- restricted or unrestricted -- will be determined by the outcome of the ongoing labor strife, Legwold writes that it doesn't seem that he's part of the plan either way. In comments this offseason, executive vice president John Elway has recited his vision of the starters on the offensive line, but his version is just four men deep, with Harris left off the list. When questioned specifically on the RT, Elway says the team will consider its options. Ouch.

So while the Broncos may be looking to add a new option on the right bookend, Harris might be looking for a new job. Given his familiarity with the offensive systems run by the Washington Redskins and Houston Texans, these could be his preferred options if he finds himself unemployed.

- Tim Kavanagh

The Broncos are not expected to bring back free agent RT Ryan Harris for the 2011 season.

Director of Football Operations John Elway has continuously recited the Broncos' starting offensive line in recent weeks, and he's named four players that don't include Harris. They're LT Ryan Clady, LG Zane Beadles, C J.D. Walton, and RG Chris Kuper. Harris has plenty of talent and is only 26 years old, but has been injury prone and may price himself out of Denver's range.

Source: Denver Post

Thread title is wrong

---------- Post added April-6th-2011 at 06:07 PM ----------

no link & originally cherry picked by the denver post

---------- Post added April-6th-2011 at 06:07 PM ----------

So, are you saying they cherry picked this?

I would keep Brown though. Don't major injuries pretty much take 2 seasons to recover from. Pretty much the first season is getting back to form and then the next year when they go thru all of the off season stuff healthy is when they get back to form. That's what i always thought and have seen throughout the league for the most part. Def all for competition and depth though.

I would keep Brown though. Don't major injuries pretty much take 2 seasons to recover from. Pretty much the first season is getting back to form and then the next year when they go thru all of the off season stuff healthy is when they get back to form. That's what i always thought and have seen throughout the league for the most part. Def all for competition and depth though.

He wants too much money.

He wants too much money.

Ah yea the age old problem. I forgot he wasn't under contract this year. Yeah it would have to be for the right price, but i bet whoever signs him will play him on the left and he will do well.

*Edit* Is there something i need to do to stop getting the double post using firefox?

*Edit* Is there something i need to do to stop getting the double post using firefox?

Nope. Just ignore the message that you need to wait 20 seconds when it pops up and continue browsing ES. Don't even bother to wait around and resubmit your post, it is already in the thread where it should be.

Eric Winston is a pretty good RT for the Texans. He's started every game the Texans have played in the last 4 years, and is signed for another 2 years. He's probably a top 7 or 8 RT in the league, and is only 27.

Harris would probably rather come to Washington, for playing time and opportunity, seeing as Brown is not signed.

Archived