Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

CNN Money: AT&T buys T-Mobile USA for $39B

heyholetsgogrant

It really shows the times we are in. Wasn't Bell broken up for becoming a near monopoly on land-line phones? Yet with the same rules and laws in place today (at least I think so) there is no one sounding alarms that mobile/cell carriers are basically doing the same thing.

A decade or so ago, there was at least 10 major companies to choose from, an every time one of them has been bought up, it has just translated into higher prices, and worse customer service.

The original ATT was broken up into the Bell system. But the original ATT legitimately had control of just about everything and that goes back to when telegraphs were in use.

I'd support the merger if they can promise me AT&T coverage and phones at T-Mobile plan prices.

I read somewhere this morning that if the merger goes through, AT &T will bring back over 5000 jobs to the US that T Mobile had shipped overseas(I think they are a German company)

Coverage from AT&T? I don't know anyone in there right mind who would want coverage from AT&T. I wouldn't want anyone to experience 56k data speeds and 100+ dropped calls a month.

Coverage from AT&T? I don't know anyone in there right mind who would want coverage from AT&T. I wouldn't want anyone to experience 56k data speeds and 100+ dropped calls a month.

Beat me to it. T-Mobiles coverage trounces AT&T's bull****. As a current and longtime T-Mobile customer, im so happy right now.

Beat me to it. T-Mobiles coverage trounces AT&T's bull****. As a current and longtime T-Mobile customer, im so happy right now.

Maybe where you live but not in the Charlotte area. (I have a phone from both carriers btw, my office cell is AT & T and personal is T-Mobile) My office cell has never lost a call and I have yet to find a gap in the coverage area. T-Mobile drops about 30% of my calls and I get zero coverage inside my home.

I've stuck with T Mobile for the personal phone only because their rates are miles better than anyone else's here.

Archived