Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Considering Japan.... A new CBA deal needs to be done

Hal2856

^^^Wow, what's that tall one doing in the picture? Totally out of place...

I know right...he belongs in the other pic with the other tall one's...not this one with the dwarfs. Although that one in the middle doesn't look as happy as the other 2...must be a meat-on-meat sammich and he drew shortest straw.

Not that I need to defend my thinking... My whole point was that the players and owners should get over their petty crap considering the real life issues at work around the world... However, since they didn't that just goes to show how horrible and selfish they all are. Maybe my title was wrong on the thread, but my point was how petty all of this is. If this thread offends you, don't post in it, but i'm a very sensitive person with my own post traumatic stress issues, as I stated earlier, and quite frankly assuming I'm an insensitive person is wrong. I was only trying to say: they need to get over themselves considering the days tragic events. Both sides did not and look even worse to me. If they don't know what to do with 9 Billion dollars send it off for The earthquake relief and just play football. In this thread I'm bring accused of insensitivity when the owners and players still call for desertification and lockout? Again, my point was to say they are selfish and obviously disconnected from reality if this continued after yesterday. Plus, I'm not the only one who brought this up, all day sports talk shows discussed it, PFT posted a topic like it, and so has ESPN said how sad they went this way even after the events of Japan. So, think if me what you will but this is a discussion site and I brought up a discussion.

Again, you don't have to post in it, but in my opinion, name calling is childish. Sorry for any spelling errors. I wrote this on my iPhone .

Nobody is trying to discount the tragedy that has taken place. Some of us just don't see the connection. This isn't a "quibble over a few dollars" as you posted, this is a very big agreement with millions at stake and will effected hundreds of players for years to come. Calling the owners and players selfish and disconnected doesn't make sense to me. Are you being "selfish and disconnected" when you go to work on Monday morning or are you going about your life?

Again nobody is trying to be insensitive here with regard to the situation in Japan. Some of us just don't understand why the players and owners must come to an agreement immediately because their situation is not as important as a world tragedy.

as cold as it sounds, I do not think they really care as it does not pertain to this situation. They would react maybe if each of thier stadiums suddenly sunk into the Earth more than this. Hail

Yeah, I don't think these guys will be sitting around singing kumbayah any time soon. There probably just wondering what impact this has on any potential future overseas games in Japan....

The fact is, life, and the world in general, just doesn't operate this way.

I couldn't disagree more. As some have said, one thing has absolutely nothing to do with the other. They need to settle their business how they see fit, what they don't need to do is just make a deal hastily because there's a natural disaster in Japan. There's a lot of billion dollar businesses in the world, my guess is more often than not, unless they're doing business in Japan, it's business as usual for them. None of 'em are gonna feel bad about conducting their business, nor should they.

All disagreements don't cease because something happened in the world. When the earthquake in Haiti occurred, where labor negotiations around the world getting settled out of sensitivity to the tragedy? It's totally nonsensical to even mention the CBA and Japan in the same discussion.

In your personal life, you're not not arguing over something trite because something happened somewhere. Nine billion dollars and the relative success of the league is actually important in it's own way. The whiny fans need to get over themselves as much as the owners and players. In the end, this thread isn't really about Japan at all, it's about people upset that they might not have football.

I couldn't disagree more. As some have said, one thing has absolutely nothing to do with the other. They need to settle their business how they see fit, what they don't need to do is just make a deal hastily because there's a natural disaster in Japan. There's a lot of billion dollar businesses in the world, my guess is more often than not, unless they're doing business in Japan, it's business as usual for them. None of 'em are gonna feel bad about conducting their business, nor should they.

All disagreements don't cease because something happened in the world. When the earthquake in Haiti occurred, where labor negotiations around the world getting settled out of sensitivity to the tragedy? It's totally nonsensical to even mention the CBA and Japan in the same discussion.

In your personal life, you're not not arguing over something trite because something happened somewhere. Nine billion dollars and the relative success of the league is actually important in it's own way. The whiny fans need to get over themselves as much as the owners and players. In the end, this thread isn't really about Japan at all, it's about people upset that they might not have football.

X2. Well said.

Archived