Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

PRESS RELEASE: Clinton Portis Released

Genghis Khan

1244 Yards combined in 2006,2009,2010 and we didn't go to the playoffs. Other teams build around the quarterback position. Other teams can win without a running back. We invested too much in portis and got nothing in return. Glad he's gone. DRAFT A YOUNG QB and a GOOD O-LINE

Great day for the franchise. The man known for a 5 game stretch 5 seasons ago is finally gone. Thanks for not breaking Riggo's record and for those 3 great playoff games in which you and the rest of the offense were a complete embarrassment and did nothing. Thanks for the memories of tripping over your feet going through the hole and getting run down by safety after safety. We will surly miss all 4 of those explosive 40+ yard runs you bestowed upon us. Your greatness will be defended forever by your fans as you were arguably the greatest pass blocking RB to ever play and as we all know that trumps the actual ability to avoid defenders, and your feet, while running. The HOF now awaits.

Most of all thank you for rekindling my hope that ShanAllen knows what they are doing. It's a year late but I'm proud they finally pulled the plug on the last piece of that miserable era of Redskin football.

1400 yrds and how many TDs?????? Evidence he couldnt get in close and evidence he couldnt finish the long one. I remember Allens 20+ TD season.....I'll take that ALL day long. On 2 reconstructed knees also

He has 46 rushing TDs as a Redskin. You can try to make that sound like garbage... but it won't work

More stupidity in this thread?

Timmy Smith was in 1987, we had already been to 2 Superbowls by that time.

Come on guys do your homework!!!!

This was a reply to somebody stating the Riggins run that beat Miami, just stating that other backs (less talented) did more for us.

C,mon guys read the whole debate, not just one response!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1244 Yards combined in 2006,2009,2010 and we didn't go to the playoffs. Other teams build around the quarterback position. Other teams can win without a running back. We invested too much in portis and got nothing in return. Glad he's gone. DRAFT A YOUNG QB and a GOOD O-LINE

I actually agree with everything you say here...I just don't blame CP for the situation. He wasn't the GM, he was just the RB who was traded for and signed. I believe RBs are the easiest players to find, so I really hope we're done spending money on them.

I don't think you'll find too many people to argue with you on some of those points.

Fact is, it isn't coming out of your pocket when he gets paid. Paying him never once stopped us from getting ANYONE else. What he made here has exactly jack to do with it.

Yes we need a young RB now, yes we need a real QB and a great o-line.. and yes that's how you win. Portis was still an excellent Rb regardless of your attempts to prove otherwise.

Great day for the franchise. The man known for a 5 game stretch 5 seasons ago is finally gone. Thanks for not breaking Riggo's record and for those 3 great playoff games in which you and the rest of the offense were a complete embarrassment and did nothing. Thanks for the memories of tripping over your feet going through the hole and getting run down by safety after safety. We will surly miss all 4 of those explosive 40+ yard runs you bestowed upon us. Your greatness will be defended forever by your fans as you were arguably the greatest pass blocking RB to ever play and as we all know that trumps the actual ability to avoid defenders, and your feet, while running. The HOF now awaits.

Most of all thank you for rekindling my hope that ShanAllen knows what they are doing. It's a year late but I'm proud they finally pulled the plug on the last piece of that miserable era of Redskin football.

well said.

great day for the franchise. The man known for a 5 game stretch 5 seasons ago is finally gone. Thanks for not breaking riggo's record and for those 3 great playoff games in which you and the rest of the offense were a complete embarrassment and did nothing. Thanks for the memories of tripping over your feet going through the hole and getting run down by safety after safety. We will surly miss all 4 of those explosive 40+ yard runs you bestowed upon us. Your greatness will be defended forever by your fans as you were arguably the greatest pass blocking rb to ever play and as we all know that trumps the actual ability to avoid defenders, and your feet, while running. The hof now awaits.

Most of all thank you for rekindling my hope that shanallen knows what they are doing. It's a year late but i'm proud they finally pulled the plug on the last piece of that miserable era of redskin football.

lol...............amen

This was a reply to somebody stating the Riggins run that beat Miami, just stating that other backs (less talented) did more for us.

C,mon guys read the whole debate, not just one response!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hahaha that was me fool that you were talking too, stop typing and hating on Portis and bow out gracefully if you can. Anyone hating on CP today that calls themselves a Redskins fan and is older then 4 years old is showing a sense of stupidity unlike seen around here for a long time. Put it down man

hateraid.jpeg

Portis was the least of our problems, and if you don't understand that, you are an idiot. Barry Sanders didn't do much to change the fortunes of the Lions, but that doesn't diminish his greatness. Portis was a great back run into the ground to cover for a passing game that has been mostly non-existant for the past decade.

He has 46 rushing TDs as a Redskin. You can try to make that sound like garbage... but it won't work

You make it sound good...........but it wont work as if you average it out it may. NEVER seen a more rapid decline, probably cause he cake walked off his talent early (cause he could) and didnt bother training which shortened his longevity long term

Hahaha that was me fool that you were talking too, stop typing and hating on Portis and bow out gracefully if you can. Anyone hating on CP today that calls themselves a Redskins fan and is older then 4 years old is showing a sense of stupidity unlike seen around here for a long time. Put it down man

hateraid.jpeg

I'll put whatever down if you put down his loaded jock

I know man it's like CP bullied all these guys and made them think he was Vinny Cerato or something choosing how we built the franchise or something...Its maddness

Why cant you just realize NOT everybody liked the dude, sounds like too many man crushes

He rolled coaches and players under the bus. He didn't practice and supported Michael Vick and dog fighting. He was not a leader. The locker will be better off

Yea because our locker room was DEFINITELY the problem during his tenure with the Redskins. Players HATED the way he played and ran his mouth.. and that obviously made our QBs and WRS and o-line not show up the past 7 years.

Supported Vick? I can see how that would make our o-line miss blocks. Didn't practice? THAT MUST be why JC couldn't see a WR that was WIDE open every 2nd down. He wasn't a leader? Tha is definitely the reason why Mark Brunells arm turned into baked goods while he played here.

Remmeber the 2008 draft when they asked Vinny about why they took 2 receivers and a tight end?

Vinny Said "Clinton liked the picks" embarrasing.

---------- Post added February-28th-2011 at 04:01 PM ----------

He's an Ass and I'm glad he's gone. I can get my Portis jersey for 10.00 today I bet

Why cant you just realize NOT everybody liked the dude, sounds like too many man crushes

You don't have to like him.. just because YOU didn't like him doesn't discount what he has done for the Redskins. I'm sorry, you're just not THAT important ~

Archived