Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

PRESS RELEASE: Clinton Portis Released

Genghis Khan

Portis later added, "I'll never do [a two-running back system]. I wouldn't adopt that mind-set."

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/redskinsinsider/clinton-portis/clinton-portis-in-washington-i.html

Well, he better get used to sitting on the bench then, because at this point, it is the only way he's likely to get on the field. I don't mind that he still has confidence in his abilities, but I doubt many teams will agree with him on this.

I knew this was coming but wasn't looking forward to this. CP is one of my all time favorite Redskins and will be missed. Out of respect to him we should have dumped Hanesworthless before doing this. Can't believe Fat Albert is still around and CP is gone. There's something very wrong with that picture

One still has talent/trade worth and CP doesnt. Everyone bashes how AH reacted to the situation. If we had to do something we didnt like/want to do at our jobs, Id bet wed all piss and moan. We would still be forced to cause we didnt get 20M and be set. Im not happy how he reacted either BUT this was a reaction, so blame brass for changing a system and NOT trading him when we could have gotten something better rather then force him into a corner.

Bye Portis. Thanks for the 1 good year. Champ is still playing at a high level and portis is gone. Denver won the trade.

Do your homework

In his first 5 seasons with us he rushed for over 1000 yards in 4 of them. The 5th season was delayed getting out of the gate because CP was injured in the preseason tackeling a guy who had intercepted the ball from our QB and he didn;t want him to score in a preseason game.

He deserves to be in our ring of fame

If you under the age of 28, i guess Portis is the best player you watched. Extremely sad. Clinton wouldn't start on any of the Joe Gibbs Superbowl teams. He screwed us over money wise and being able to build a good team. Mike Shanahan said he would never give a running back big money and he never did. Hopefully we get a young back with speed. I will miss the 15 yard runs then falling down.

---------- Post added February-28th-2011 at 03:31 PM ----------

Hopefully the next cancer to leave will be Fat Albert. All of these Me first guys are about out of here.

Bwahhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Clinton would start every single one of those teams.

You want to know what's sad? Not 28 year olds who think CP is the best they've seen, but rather 30, 40, 50 whatever year olds who talk out of their butt and go by nostalgia and NFL Films.

I saw each one of those Super Bowl teams AND own every single one of their games and without question, Clinton would have been an upgrade.

Doesn't hurt that Joe Gibbs himself said that CP was the best runner he ever had.

Good post

I hope jsteels wrong too and CP comes back at a reduced price but honestly we all know that's not gonna happen. Your picture of our current stock of RB's is accurate but Mikes got a knack of finding those undrafted RB's. Lets hope we can do that again.

As far as your take on Riggins....sorry but to me that man won us our first superbowl with this run and has the rights to piss on the current owner whenever he so desires imo, no Riggo no Superbowl win. Riggins remembers a classy owner and hates the current one. Who can blame him? No one could walk in JKC's footsteps and do that justice

Riggins-drags-Dolphin.jpg

NO Timmy Smith and maybe no SB. If we didnt get that production, maybe Denver gets back in and wins.

Bwahhhhhhhhhhhhhh

You want to know what's sad? Not 28 year olds who think CP is the best they've seen, but rather 30, 40, 50 whatever year olds who talk out of their butt and go by nostalgia and NFL Films.

I saw each one of those Super Bowl teams AND own every single one of their games and without question, Clinton would have been an upgrade.

Doesn't hurt that Joe Gibbs himself said that CP was the best runner he ever had.

Without a doubt CP had more talent and ability in him then Timmy Smith and Ernest Byner but Riggins? I don't know about that. Great post btw :cheers:

Do your homework

In his first 5 seasons with us he rushed for over 1000 yards in 4 of them. The 5th season was delayed getting out of the gate because CP was injured in the preseason tackeling a guy who had intercepted the ball from our QB and he didn;t want him to score in a preseason game.

He deserves to be in our ring of fame

This day and age, 1000 yds aint the benchmark anymore......more like 1400-1500 from a NON commitee rush attack

This day and age, 1000 yds aint the benchmark anymore......more like 1400-1500 from a NON commitee rush attack

This day and age? You speak as if CP's time here producing was that long ago...2 years ago he was rushing for 1400....seriously there is a huge lack of intellegence in this thread now

Porits favotire song had to be 'Take the money and run" That's what he did. How many yards did he run for from 2008-2010? So he gave us 2 good year 2005 & 2007? 2006 he was hurt to right? You never invest big money into a running back. Teams who win throw the ball.

Bwahhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Would Gibbs or any coach for that matter come out and say his current RB isnt the best hes ever had?

Bwahhhhhhhhhhhhhh

+1

You put Portis on a team and a with line that was as dominant as the Skins' were back then and this organization would have more superbowl rings without a doubt. Is it time to move on from Portis? Likely is it very much the right time... Do you HAVE to like the guy? Nope, you don't.

When your dislike for the guy turns into ignorant posts full of fictional statements, then, that makes YOU look worse than the picture you're trying to paint of Portis.

I guess I'm one of the old guys since I watched the 4 Gibbs Super Bowls. I tend to look back nostalgically on that period of time. But I have to concede that Portis is more talented than Byner/Ervins (1991) and Rogers/Smith (1987). I'd even bet he was more talented than Washington/Riggins (1982) but I admittedly didn't watch them that closely at my age. Just because we cut someone loose and it's a smart move, doesn't mean we have minimize what the guy did for us. The world isn't that black and white.

This day and age? You speak as if CP's time here producing was that long ago...2 years ago he was rushing for 1400....seriously there is a huge lack of intellegence in this thread now

1400 yrds and how many TDs?????? Evidence he couldnt get in close and evidence he couldnt finish the long one. I remember Allens 20+ TD season.....I'll take that ALL day long. On 2 reconstructed knees also

Porits favotire song had to be 'Take the money and run" That's what he did. How many yards did he run for from 2008-2010? So he gave us 2 good year 2005 & 2007? 2006 he was hurt to right? You never invest big money into a running back. Teams who win throw the ball.

Oh ok, so Portis was supposed to say no thanks to the money? He was supposed to say "Nah, I'd rather play for much less than that Dan"? HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHA

Archived