Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2011 NFL Combine Official thread

killerbee99

Julio Jones runs a 4.39 on his 2nd attempt

damn!!!!

I doubt we take a WR at 10 but I hope someone takes Jones over Green as the first receiver off the board based on his work in shorts and Green falls to us. Green is a much more polished route runner with great hands, forget the 40 times. What's was Jerry Rice's time? Answer 4.7.

Julio Jones is my official mancrush of 2011 combine...a tough physical receiver who can run sub 4.4.

Folks, this guy will be a legit #1 receiver in the league.

---------- Post added February-27th-2011 at 10:01 AM ----------

I doubt we take a WR at 10 but I hope someone takes Jones over Green as the first receiver off the board based on his work in shorts and Green falls to us. Green is a much more polished route runner with great hands, forget the 40 times. What's was Jerry Rice's time? Answer 4.7.

That will never happen...in fact, Green won't get by the Bengals.

He is better then AJ Green much more complete. He is bigger,faster and more physical. He is better at getting YAC and he actually is a dominate blocker. AJ has better hands but that is it period.

He is better then AJ Green much more complete. He is bigger,faster and more physical. He is better at getting YAC and he actually is a dominate blocker. AJ has better hands but that is it period.

Better hands is quite important at receiver! Green is a better route runner as well and I think will get separation better in the NFL.

Better hands is quite important at receiver! Green is a better route runner as well and I think will get separation better in the NFL.

Here is the thing tho. Julio gets great seperation. He has more speed and he is way more physical than Green. Obviously both are great players but I strongly disagree with people who say Green is the clear cut #1 guy. They are 1A and 1B for me. Both are Elite prospects and I'd be estatic to get either.

Here is the thing tho. Julio gets great seperation. He has more speed and he is way more physical than Green. Obviously both are great players but I strongly disagree with people who say Green is the clear cut #1 guy. They are 1A and 1B for me. Both are Elite prospects and I'd be estatic to get either.

I agree completely. Jones also can return for us if needed. They are different types of guys but both can be #1s. I like Julio Jones blocking and physical style, which I think translate better to the NFL.

Running WR and QB timing drills right now

---------- Post added February-27th-2011 at 10:40 AM ----------

AJ Green good hands on up and out cut WR drills....Devlin looking good with his out throws too

---------- Post added February-27th-2011 at 10:40 AM ----------

Julio Jones...good hands........Locker shinning on out throws.....hmmmmmmmmm

Meanwhile Mike Mayock and the commentators praise his accuracy and footwork in the throwing the speed out.

Praising his footwork??? Are you sure you're watching the same thing as the rest of us? His footwork needs MAJOR improvement...don't just disagree with someone for ****s and giggles. Give me something other than someone else's viewpoint to sway me in your direction.

---------- Post added February-27th-2011 at 10:55 AM ----------

Meanwhile...Tori Gurley continues to impress me. Running crisp routes and showing good hands.

I would have really liked to see Blaine run that 5 step - 7 step drop today. Do you think he would of had a problem?

I really don't. He played in a pro style offense at HS and showed very good footwork in doing 3 step drops out of the gun. I think he will be fine operating under centre.

I would have really liked to see Blaine run that 5 step - 7 step drop today. Do you think he would of had a problem?

Nope.

Which is why I think he should have thrown.

Gabbert would have looked great throwing in a shirt and shorts.

---------- Post added February-27th-2011 at 11:02 AM ----------

Praising his footwork??? Are you sure you're watching the same thing as the rest of us? His footwork needs MAJOR improvement...don't just disagree with someone for ****s and giggles. Give me something other than someone else's viewpoint to sway me in your direction.

Yeah I'm watching the combine you know the topic of this thread.

Specifically I was talking about Mike Mayock and Sterling Sharpe's praise of Locker's 3 spedd outs he threw to the left side.

What are you watching and talking about?

B/c if you're talking about the Locker throwing the speed out the comentators said exactly the opposite of you.

Yeah I'm watching the combine you know the topic of this thread.

Specifically I was talking about Mike Mayock and Sterling Sharpe's praise of Locker's 3 spedd outs he threw to the left side.

What are you watching and talking about?

B/c if you're talking about the Locker throwing the speed out the comentators said exactly the opposite of you.

I know its gonna be hard for you to hear that, you have the guy in your sig. Locker threw the ball well today...but if he had great footwork as they seem to claim, he would go #1 to Carolina. Sharpe said J Jones wouldn't go in the 1st round, for christ's sake.

I'm not saying he isn't a good/great prospect, but you can agree with me that his footwork needs ALOT of help. Other than that, he has all the tools to be great in our system.

---------- Post added February-27th-2011 at 10:55 AM ----------

Meanwhile...Tori Gurley continues to impress me. Running crisp routes and showing good hands.

Funny you are saying that about Gurley, reading twitter he's been using his body a lot to catch the ball which is not good for me IMO. It's a pet peeve of mine, yes you have ones you catch with your body here and there but when a guy is mentioning it, it does become concerning

Archived