Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Bonnaroo 2011

sly

Line-up is being announced 12pm EST TODAY (February 15th). It's the 10 year anniversary, so I'm expecting big things!

http://www.bonnaroo.com/

EDIT:

Video announcing the line-up... via Conan:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_HQS0ZVsN9g

And here's the actual line-up:

Eminem • Arcade Fire • Widespread Panic • The Black Keys • Buffalo Springfield feat Richie Furay, Stephen Stills, Neil Young, Rick Rosas, Joe Vitale • My Morning Jacket • Lil Wayne • String Cheese Incident • Robert Plant & Band of Joy • Mumford & Sons • The Strokes • The Decemberists • Ray Lamontagne • Bassnectar • Iron & Wine • Girl Talk • Primus • Dr. John and The Original Meters performing Desitively Bonnaroo • Alison Krauss & Union Station • Pretty Lights • Florence + the Machine • SuperJam featuring Dan Auerbach and Dr. John • Explosions in the Sky • STS9 • Gogol Bordello • Beirut • Big Boi • Scissor Sisters • Gregg Allman • Ratatat • Robyn • Warren Haynes Band • Deerhunter • Opeth • & Many More!

I went in 2005 and 2007... '07 being my favorite year because I got to see Tool and Tom Morello. I'd love to go every year but it's just so freaking expensive and I usually only know a handful of artists (I also hate jam bands). Guess I'm not a hippie. Bonnaroo is still such a great time, though.

Eminem is a terrible choice for a headliner.

Arcade Fire will be great. Some nice choices, but it seems like every year the jam side gets more and more marginalized in favor of more commercial bands that don't really fit with what Bonnaroo used to be about.

Eminem is a terrible choice for a headliner. Arcade Fire will be great. Some nice choices, but it seems like every year the jam side gets more and more marginalized in favor of more commercial bands that don't really fit with what Bonnaroo used to be about.

Eminem and 'Lil Wayne would probably be pretty fun to watch in concert... and hip hop acts are not new to Bonnaroo, regardless. Bonnaroo is no longer just a big jam band festival like their first couple years, it's more along the lines of Coachella and Lollapalooza. I actually like that I can drive to a festival like that close to the east coast. I think there's still plenty of variety... and whoever goes will still have an amazing time, but people are going to always ***** and have the same arguments ever year no matter what.

Eminem and 'Lil Wayne would probably be pretty fun to watch in concert... and hip hop acts are not new to Bonnaroo, regardless. Bonnaroo is no longer just a big jam band festival like their first couple years, it's more along the lines of Coachella and Lollapalooza. I actually like that I can drive to a festival like that close to the east coast. I think there's still plenty of variety... and whoever goes will still have an amazing time, but people are going to always ***** and have the same arguments ever year no matter what.

I know they have had prior hip hop acts. Doesn't change my opinion about Eminem one bit. And you're right, it is becoming more like mainstream festivals, and people can argue about whether or not that is a good thing. The changing lineup isn't what's stopping me from going (I haven't been since the second one, just due to changes in life and lifestyle).

I am seriously thinking about it. The price is turning me off. But I am under two hours away from there. I love Opeth and would really like to go see them. Others I would like to see is Allison Krause, Warren Haynes, Neil Young, and Explsions in the Sky.

I could have written this exact same post. Also, no Flamng Lips??!?

Never really gave them a chance. I agree with most things you say about music, so of course, I will give them a listen. As I am typing this, I am listening to 'She Don't Use Jelly.' I think I remember this song from the 90's. Anything you recommend?

They have since gone in a pretty different direction. About half of Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots is very accessible (particularly the first couple tracks) but the first few times you listen to it you might hate the other half of the songs. Soft Bulletin is probably my favorite of theirs.

jcFKlEfu_eU

NHK9C5cy74c&annotation_id=annotation_354419

MHRPVN4ZAi4

Never really gave them a chance. I agree with most things you say about music, so of course, I will give them a listen. As I am typing this, I am listening to 'She Don't Use Jelly.' I think I remember this song from the 90's. Anything you recommend?

The Flaming Lips reference was my surprise at them not being on the setlist, but since you asked, my man. Enjoy!

Archived