Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Authentic? Sean Taylor jersey for sale

GOSKINS_08

I'm selling this for a friend, he said he bought it for atleast 250 but I wanna make sure its really authentic before I say it is..its a size 60 btw.

Is there a price that you are looking for?

lol could those photos be any more blurry?

Let's see a sharp close up of the REDSKINS on the chest.

I was hoping you'd look at this. Looks good to me but, like you said, the pics are blurry and well you are the expert on jerseys. Please let us know what your thoughts are.

EDIT: Something looks funny about pic 119. I can't put my finger on it but something just doesn't seem right.

from my experience with these supposed authentic jerseys....is this isn't an authentic jersey...two things I noticed in just the first pic alone (image0117) is there is way to many stars in the NFL logo as well as the L in the logo isn't correct.....when looking at authentic jerseys....usually this is where the errors are and the reason why many people can sell these jerseys for increased prices and the buyer sometimes gets scammed. This is just my input from what I have learned over the years....take a look at a store bought jersey of yours in the closet and you will see what I am talking about with the NFL patch...just my input can take it with a grain of salt

99.9 % sure it's a fake jersey. Yes, Mark is right, prior to 2008, the NFL did have alot of stars. But the way the jersey looks, it's to shiny. I think it's defen a fake. It's very rare to find a Sean Taylor Authentic. I actually grabbed the last 4 off the Redskins website after he passed. I have been buying Sean Taylor jersey's before he passed( prob 4 years). Not unless you make a custom Sean Taylor jersey off NFL shop or RedskinsTeamStore, you wont find any authentic's online. Just passing my opinion. So I defen think it's a fake.What gets me confused, how clean the Redskins logo looks so clean. I think their getting better at that. Before it used to be sloppy. Just a educated opinion.

Also FansEdge, and maybe a very few stores you'll be able to get custom Authentic Dick's Etc.

After taking so more looks at this jersey, I am pretty sure it's a fake. If that's a real jersey, I won't be buying any more jersey's like that. No cuffed sleeves, material looks to shiny and so do the numbers. And look at the tag inside the jersey, that's so crooked, it looks like its going 90 degrees. No cuffed sleeves. Defen a fake.Just looking at the numbers, you can tell its a fake. Those numbers should not look like that.And DallasCrushers is right, the L is wrong on NFL. Never thought off looking at that. picture312t.jpgpicture309.jpgpicture308p.jpg This is what a Authentic Sean Taylor jersey looks like. Bougth directly off Redskinsshop.com in early 2008 after Sean Taylor passed RIP TAYLOR

I have a burgundy #21 Smoot jersey that is identical (from the pics at least), to the ones you have posted here. It's a shinier material. Also the burgundy is a lot lighter. It was billed as an authentic when I bought it off ebay a few years back. However, I got it for really cheap (I'm not sure if this was b/c it was a knock off or bc smoot was on the vikings at the time). Tough call, but I'd lean more towards fake. Either way, I think it'd be tough to justify the $200 price tag with so many questions.

On pictures online they show a picture of the white without the sleeves. But everytime I ordered one I had the cuffs. I also have the Burgundy and those also came cuffed. They might have differnt Authentics but I would think they should be the same as Reebok is still the one that makes them.I bought a LaRon Landry jersey on ebay(and they claimed it was Authentic) and looks close to the Sean Taylor that is on this bloq.But the material felt so cheap, there's no way that's a authentic. I actually ordered 2 Sean Taylor jersey off the RedskinsTeamStore but haven't got it in yet. I would beleive they should all be the same. Why would there be 5 different Authenics. I also have a throwback and the material is the same with cuffed sleeves.

Also about the L on the NFL logo, I looked at the L and I beleive it looked the same as the one my NFL Reebok gloves. The might have changed when they changed the logo.

So the jersey might be a older versions of the Reebok Authentic(style) jersey's. My first Authentic jersey was in late 2007/early 2008 so I can't speak for what out came before that.

...Why would there be 5 different Authenics....
Because they are trying to make them look closer to the ones worn on the field. It's an evolving process...

HOF ... you're right .. when the tight sleeves came out, they were only on the burgundy jersey at first... the ones on white jerseys showed up a year or two later.

You could be right Mark. It does have all the stars so it's defen. before 2007 and under. I'm still sketchy about it. Feels like for every 1 Authentic there's like 1,000 fakes. Now a days fakes are starting to look alot more like the real ones in pictures sometimes. But once I receievd the Landry on Ebay that thing went right back after I opened the box. One thing that comes up now is, it was Landry and only started playing in 2007. It should have had the same material as the new style.

But that jock tag inside the Sean Taylor jersey is crazy off centered, and I'm pretty sure that would not sold like that.

Look legit to me. I have a Marcus Washington white authentic from 05, and a Jason Campbell white authentic from 06, and they are both made out of the shiny material and do not have cuffed sleeves. I also have a Sean Taylor white authentic from 08 and it is the newer style like SeanMTaylor21 posted. The authentics today are much closer to the real jerseys than they were years ago, but now on the sleeves they use the thinner, lineman style numbers than the thicker numbers from the 05-06 authentic jerseys that the majority of the players wear. I wish they would change that back.

Mark and MikeSellers45 I think your right. I purchased a Sean Taylor jersey a few weeks ago just for the 75th patch and thought the jersey was fake. I took the patch off. When I compared the numbers, the material and the stitching looked alike but the jersey material looked diiferent compared to the one I posted. Well I sold the jersey thinking it was fake. Go figure, after I thought about it, the jersey must have been authenitc. It must have been from pre 2007 before they changed the jersey. So I think this Sean Taylor jersey on this page is authentic. And I sold the jersey for cheap too. Looks like I'm the one who got beat.#######

Unless you are buying the jersey from redskins.com, NFLshop.com or a redskins store, your "authentic" jersey is most likely a fake. No one should be using an "authentic" jersey bought on ebay as a basis for knowing what is real or fake.There are VERY few legitimate sellers of authentic jerseys on ebay...most of them are all knockoffs from china or korea.

Anyone doubting MTH, needs to go visit his jersey thread. My two cents....it looks real to me. But a proof of purchase would be nice in order to sell it at that price.

Archived