Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ESPN: Vick receives key to Dallas

blitzpackage

Dallas Mayor Pro Tem Dwaine Caraway gave the key to the city to Michael Vick, the quarterback for the rival Philadelphia Eagles, causing an uproar among animal rights activists Saturday.

"The message and the kids are far greater than all this response about, 'Why give him the key to the city?'" Caraway told ESPNDallas on Monday afternoon. "He is telling kids and exchanging with them the rights and wrongs of the things that he did and encouraging kids to further their education and to not deal with the drugs. To obey their parents and pick the people they hang around.

"That's a message I would challenge anybody to say that not one kid across America shouldn't hear from people in notoriety such as Michael Vick."

Dallas Mayor Tom Leppert distanced himself from the action later Monday.

"The action taken was not sanctioned by my office and was not an official ceremonial honor on behalf of the City of Dallas," he said in a statement. "Official Keys to the City are presented by the Mayor, or an elected official designated by the Mayor, and reserved, on a limited basis, for an elected official of international status. Clearly, this was not the case in this situation and done without my knowledge or approval."

http://sports.espn.go.com/dallas/nfl/news/story?id=6099411

This is just confusing on so many levels. Can anyone make sense of this?

Dallas Mayor Pro Tem Dwaine Caraway gave the key to the city to Michael Vick, the quarterback for the rival Philadelphia Eagles, causing an uproar among animal rights activists Saturday.

"The message and the kids are far greater than all this response about, 'Why give him the key to the city?'" Caraway told ESPNDallas on Monday afternoon. "He is telling kids and exchanging with them the rights and wrongs of the things that he did and encouraging kids to further their education and to not deal with the drugs. To obey their parents and pick the people they hang around.

"That's a message I would challenge anybody to say that not one kid across America shouldn't hear from people in notoriety such as Michael Vick."

Dallas Mayor Tom Leppert distanced himself from the action later Monday.

"The action taken was not sanctioned by my office and was not an official ceremonial honor on behalf of the City of Dallas," he said in a statement. "Official Keys to the City are presented by the Mayor, or an elected official designated by the Mayor, and reserved, on a limited basis, for an elected official of international status. Clearly, this was not the case in this situation and done without my knowledge or approval."

http://sports.espn.go.com/dallas/nfl/news/story?id=6099411

This is just confusing on so many levels. Can anyone make sense of this?

Best of all was No supposed Cowboys fans living in the state of Texas even showed to protest

the city giving a dog killing rival a key to their city..ROTFLMAO

Best of all was No supposed Cowboys fans living in the state of Texas even showed to protest

the city giving a dog killing rival a key to their city..ROTFLMAO

There are cowboys fans in Texas? I always assumed they were just spread out over the rest of the country to annoy fans of home teams.

Lmao that Im reading this right now. I am watching Resident Evil I. I was just thinking about Michael Vick as this chick kicks all these dogs asses! I really don't like what he did, and Im not surprised by this in Dallas' favor. In fact I find it hilarious that Vick is going to take the key to Dallas back to Philadelphia with him. Poor Dallas! It feels good not to be the laughingstock of the League for a couple more weeks.

Lmao that Im reading this right now. I am watching Resident Evil I. I was just thinking about Michael Vick as this chick kicks all these dogs asses! I really don't like what he did, and Im not surprised by this in Dallas' favor. In fact I find it hilarious that Vick is going to take the key to Dallas back to Philadelphia with him. Poor Dallas! It feels good not to be the laughingstock of the League for a couple more weeks.

I find it hilarious you find fault with the team over something the city went and did on their own

Does this idiot realize he is a public official in Dallas, not Philthy? You know the Dallas where there are actually real Cowboys fans and not the part-time bandwagoners that afflict our great nation?

:doh:

Yup and clearly does not care about that he still ended up giving him the key to the city

Does this idiot realize he is a public official in Dallas, not Philthy? You know the Dallas where there are actually real Cowboys fans and not the part-time bandwagoners that afflict our great nation?

:doh:

That's blowing my mind way more than giving a reformed (so far) convicted felon/dog fighter the key to a city.

Actually I was wrong when I said no one in Texas had the guts to stand up, at least those who were animal rights activist's had the guts to

stand up and make their voices heard

I'm sorry. Were you there?

I think you need to STFU before you blame every fan in Texas for not showing up. Perhaps you could be a little more judicious and blame only those within a 30-mile radius of the event. It's asking a lot of those fine folks that live in Brownsville or El Paso to attend a meeting of idiots.

I've met dumber people. I just don't remember when.

You know less about the Cowboys than you do about the state they reside in (and that's saying a lot).

There are cowboys fans in Texas? I always assumed they were just spread out over the rest of the country to annoy fans of home teams.

^^ Of course a lot of them are out buying Packers stuff right now and formulating stories about how they've been fans of the Packers for years.

Hm...Vick doesn't get the key to the city in Newport News (where he's from), Blacksburg (VA Tech), Atlanta (who drafted him), or Philthy (who gave him the second chance), but he DOES get the key to city in Dallas (a city in dire need of positive press after that debacle of a Super Bowl). Makes sense.

I'm sorry. Were you there?

I think you need to STFU before you blame every fan in Texas for not showing up. Perhaps you could be a little more judicious and blame only those within a 30-mile radius of the event. It's asking a lot of those fine folks that live in Brownsville or El Paso to attend a meeting of idiots.

I've met dumber people. I just don't remember when.

You know less about the Cowboys than you do about the state they reside in (and that's saying a lot).

Were you there to protest???? by the violent out lashing from your post my guess is a definite NO, next case

please

Archived