Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A Very Serious Question for ASF and Others: Why Don't You Walk Away?

kleese

I get so tired of the whole "why don't you guys just leave if you're so unhappy" argument. Maybe if you're so tired of people being disgusted with the owner you're the one who should leave.

This is absolutely hilarious!!! First we have the "if you don't like Snyder, why keep ******** about everything and walk away?" group vs the "if you don't like us ******** about Snyder then why don't you walk away?" group...HAHAHAHA

Two different groups, both ********...asking the other why they don't walk away...we seriously have reached the proverbial "**** hitting the fan-base". This is getting absolutely sad...keep it up you guys cuz I'm enjoying the hell out of this whinefest.

gee, ya think?

you might start with the thread title, Captain Backpedal

All I can say to that is read the very first sentence of this thread again; I wasn't sure quite how to word it and admitted so from the very first sentence.

Secondly, I suppose it is simply cynicism and frustration that I can't ask a legitimate question on the board without people getting highly defensive or misconstruing my objective. Despite the fact that I went out of my way to clarify that I was NOT being snarky or sarcastic, many people in this thread still read my intentions as "why don't you shut up and root for someone else" when the question I posed was totally legitimate- I was curious as to why certain people have decided to stick around. I wasn't saying they shouldn't.

Finally (and I did my best to convey this to Oldfan as well) I don't think each thread has to have a winner and a loser- sometimes I post things just sort of thinking out loud. It's not the high school debate team where each argument is judged and a winner declared. I was throwing my thought process out there and opened it for others to reply. That is all.

Can't really "backpeddle" when you weren't really staking a claim in the first place.

...Finally (and I did my best to convey this to Oldfan as well) I don't think each thread has to have a winner and a loser- sometimes I post things just sort of thinking out loud. It's not the high school debate team where each argument is judged and a winner declared. I was throwing my thought process out there and opened it for others to reply. That is all.

Can't really "backpeddle" when you weren't really staking a claim in the first place.

There were already a number of threads on the Snyder/Mckenna fiasco on the board. From the title, it seemed to me that you had staked out a position and you were going to argue for it.

If you were just inviting us to "think out loud" with you, I would have passed on that invitation because I was already doing that with the other posters in other threads on this topic.

I thought you had defined your position when you said:

...I think people have convinced themselves that Snyder has "ruined" their experience when IMO no one can affect your experience if you don't let them.
But, when challenged, you didn't defend that either.

That said, I generally enjoy the discussions your threads provoke. The title of this one had me thinking this one was going to be fun. But, after the title, this one went quickly downhill.:evilg:

......we seriously have reached the proverbial "s*** hitting the fan-base". This is getting absolutely sad...keep it up you guys cuz I'm enjoying the hell out of this whinefest.

6. Do not attempt to circumvent the profanity filters.

Type in your profane word and let the filters do their job. ...Veiled or "subtle" attempts at using profanity are unacceptable. We allow the use of either all asterisks/symbols or none at all. For example "****" and "#&*%$" are acceptable, while “s**t” or “sh*t" are not.

6. Do not attempt to circumvent the profanity filters.

Type in your profane word and let the filters do their job. ...Veiled or "subtle" attempts at using profanity are unacceptable. We allow the use of either all asterisks/symbols or none at all. For example "****" and "#&*%$" are acceptable, while “s**t” or “sh*t" are not.

My apologies...I usually catch something like that before I send it...was a little overly sleepy-eyed yesterday lol

There were already a number of threads on the Snyder/Mckenna fiasco on the board. From the title, it seemed to me that you had staked out a position and you were going to argue for it.

If you were just inviting us to "think out loud" with you, I would have passed on that invitation because I was already doing that with the other posters in other threads on this topic.

I thought you had defined your position when you said:

But, when challenged, you didn't defend that either.

That said, I generally enjoy the discussions your threads provoke. The title of this one had me thinking this one was going to be fun. But, after the title, this one went quickly downhill.:evilg:

Oldfan, that IS how I feel and I tried in every way imaginable to "defend" it. Having said that, talking about one persons personal experience versus another, you really don't have right or wrongs. I stated how I felt and asked others the question.

And there lies the cynicism I mentioned. A ? Usually indicates that someone is asking a question; that was the main purpose of my thread; I asked a question because I was curious about the answer. And lastly once again, you and others seem very focused on the thread title when I clearly did my best from the outset to admit that the title probably wasn't very indicative and what I was going for.

...And lastly once again, you and others seem very focused on the thread title when I clearly did my best from the outset to admit that the title probably wasn't very indicative and what I was going for.
Oh, I understood from the outset that you weren't going to argue what the thread title implied. My position is that if you had, the thread would have been more fun. "Either walk away or shut the hell up about Dan Snyder" would have been a riot.

Oh, I understood from the outset that you weren't going to argue what the thread title implied. My position is that if you had, the thread would have been more fun. "Either walk away or shut the hell up about Dan Snyder" would have been a riot.

Even I can admit that's a debate I'd lose :)

What a dumbass question. I say that because we are fans of the Washington Redskins. Meaning the players and coaches. Snyder has had many opportunities to repair his image, but just when you think he's on the right track? He's in the news again. He has such a large list of cluster **** mistakes that I don't feel like listing them.

Not only that, but do you see my sig? That's only half of my Redskins shrine. In short? I have waaaayyyy too much vested in this team. I love this team with a passion which is the root of my disgust with Snyder.

Yeah the team struggled before he bought the team, but the franchise was also in disarray due to the death of Cooke and change of ownership. Lets' forget those facts though.

I can only laugh at those that question the "fanhood" of fans because they criticize a certain part of the organization. Guess what? That's what fans do and have always done. Instead of directing your anger at the fans that show their displeasure with the team, ownership, coaches, etc perhaps you should take a step back and realize we aren't the ones ****ing up the draft picks, free agents, selecting the coaching staff, win, losses etc. You need to channel your emotions in the same direction we do.

a bad owner can rob a team of its fan base over time. it's not that fans just stop watching, but the heightened interest that fans show on Sunday morning for a 1pm game just gets sapped.

you can look around at teams where the ownership has been very poor, teams like the old Bidwill Cardinals and the current Buffalo Bills.

fans have just withdrawn.

That's kind of where I am. I still look forward to football season and when 1 o'clock rolls around, but with probably half the anticiapation/excitement I had when we were winning. In the last few seasons, I find myself doing something else when we start to lose a game bad. If it's close, I stick around. When we lose, it makes it hard for me to watch the 4 c'clock games. I've even questioned for the last 2 years whether or not I want to continue paying for Sunday Ticket. I'm on the edge of withdrawing. Shanahan/Allen pulled me back in last year.

---------- Post added February-10th-2011 at 01:50 PM ----------

Why would I walk away from my team because the current owner is a Major Screwup? If you mean not buying merchandise or season tickets in 2011 and just watch the game on Tv then yeah I'm doing that this year.

The Danny own the team for now however he and other owners makes money only because of the Fans the same applies to the TV money since the networks banks on us to watch our team and purchase products aired in commercials. Yeah these greedy bastiges have tv money to strong arm the players this year even if it means the fans do not have games to watch.

Who doesn't think owners like Danny would have no problem with a lockout to pocket billions instead of sharing with those who put themselves at risk on every play?

I really wish there was a WikiLeaks on the true amount of money these owners have instead of the creative accounting they are displaying.

Why does it matter how much money the owner of a team has? Why are you worried about that? If he didn't have money, we wouldn't have a team. I could care less how much money an owner has. It has ZERO effect on my life. And both sides are greedy IMO.

What a dumbass question. I say that because we are fans of the Washington Redskins. Meaning the players and coaches. Snyder has had many opportunities to repair his image, but just when you think he's on the right track? He's in the news again. He has such a large list of cluster **** mistakes that I don't feel like listing them.

Not only that, but do you see my sig? That's only half of my Redskins shrine. In short? I have waaaayyyy too much vested in this team. I love this team with a passion which is the root of my disgust with Snyder.

Yeah the team struggled before he bought the team, but the franchise was also in disarray due to the death of Cooke and change of ownership. Lets' forget those facts though.

I can only laugh at those that question the "fanhood" of fans because they criticize a certain part of the organization. Guess what? That's what fans do and have always done. Instead of directing your anger at the fans that show their displeasure with the team, ownership, coaches, etc perhaps you should take a step back and realize we aren't the ones ****ing up the draft picks, free agents, selecting the coaching staff, win, losses etc. You need to channel your emotions in the same direction we do.

Sigh.....not sure how many times I can possibly explain it....but you clearly took my question the wrong way and did not read my various responses througout the thread.

Sigh.....not sure how many times I can possibly explain it....but you clearly took my question the wrong way and did not read my various responses througout the thread.

Ha ha. You're right. Sorry I was being lazy. You are still one of my fave's on here. I love how some people (not you) hold a grudge against other members because they have the audacity to disagree. Grow the **** up.

Dan Snyder is like that shady uncle that everyone hates but you are stuck with him because he married your dads sister. Hes rich and annoying, has no friends and his jokes are never laughed at. In the boardroom he is the man, but at the dinner table you want to strangle him. Your aunt is too blind and weak to divorce him, and the rest of the family simply puts up with him because they have to.

You cant kill him so you just kinda grin and bear it.

Archived