Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Feb. 3, 2005 US Army Sgt Stephen R Sherman KIA

willyt

Six years ago today we lost my nephew, Steve, in Mosul, Iraq, when the Stryker vehicle he was riding in was struck by an IED. He was 27 yrs old and my God son.

I write this not to recieve condolences from all of you good people, but to ask that you take a moment today and remember those that gave the ultimate sacrifice for our country and for those they left behind. Steve was born in Arlington Va. and was a life long Redskin fan. He was layed to rest in Arlington National Cemetary on Feb.14, 2005.

There are some 5000 families, since the start of the wars in Iraq and Afganistan, who mark that certain day when they got the call. The call no one ever wants to get. I do share your pain but I also share your hope that someday, very soon, our military men and women, will be home and this world will be a more peaceful place.

"Fare you well.

Fare you well.

I love you more then words can tell.

Listen to the river sing sweet songs to rock my soul"

RIP Steve..much love bro...

"It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived." George S. Patton

I do not post that quote to say we shouldn't mourn but instead because I love the second part and it just doesn't make sense without the context. Thank God for men such as SGT Stephen Sherman.

"Greater love has no one than this,

than to lay down his life for his friends."

~John 15:13~

Thanks to all of you past, present and future that have selflessly put your life on the line and to those who have paid the ultimate price in the name of my families freedom.

A special salute to Sgt. Stephen R. Sherman... R.I.P.

Your nephew will never be forgotten for what he has done and sacrificed and....the armed forces of this great country are the best in the world....and give us the ability to do and say as we please....and have the great ability to experience freedom....thank you so very much Sgt Stephen R Sherman

Archived