Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Poll: Greatest Redskins Linebacker of all time.

polywog999

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

I voted for LaVar if for no other reason than the passion and desire he played with. He was the heart and soul of the D and left everything out on the field. During an era when this franchise was a mockery and all the losing seasons and controversy has tarnished a once great and feared organization Lavar loved being a skin. Game changer for the good and the bad, and i accepted that. I blame no one for how things ended for him and this team but do feel that under different circumstances LaVar could have been a HOF. I know my views will not be shared by most here but i think any one who has been named to 3 pro bowls and 2 all pro teams in 6 years is pretty impressive and deserve notoriety on this list.

I voted for LaVar if for no other reason than the passion and desire he played with. He was the heart and soul of the D and left everything out on the field. During an era when this franchise was a mockery and all the losing seasons and controversy has tarnished a once great and feared organization Lavar loved being a skin. Game changer for the good and the bad, and i accepted that. I blame no one for how things ended for him and this team but do feel that under different circumstances LaVar could have been a HOF. I know my views will not be shared by most here but i think any one who has been named to 3 pro bowls and 2 all pro teams in 6 years is pretty impressive and deserve notoriety on this list.

voting for lavar is laughably unjustifiable.

166844_1534263153080_1129844029_31117005_7509609_n.jpg

My favorite LB was Carl Fink. He was not traded for, but instead "bought" for $27,000.00.

After the NFL got wind of this illegal trade, he was "sold back" and was traded instead for a new Ford Explorer with a phat GPS that talked like Posh Spice..

Fink was born with his twin brother attached to his ear....dead, known as "fetus in fetu."

Having lost his brain in a skateboarding accident, Fink had to be operated by the strength coach via remote control, like Spock in the Star Trek episode "Spock's Brain."

brainless+spock.bmp

Fink was such a feared tackler, that the NFL would not allow him to play past the first quarter.. He was so tall that he once blocked an extra point with his knee...while sitting on the ground!! He ran 1.4 40 and could bench-press 600 lbs 900 times. WOW! You should have seen him play- only he was so fast he was never actually caught by the cameras, hence the nickname; "The Phantom."

Sadly, all his accomplishments were removed from the record books when it was learned that his supposedly "dead" twin brother was actually the Zodiac killer.

thumbnail.aspx?q=331784267057&id=69098670e7babedab8d15738a460fd52&index=ch1

Don't believe me? Prove that it didn't happen....

or you pay me $1,000.000.00

166844_1534263153080_1129844029_31117005_7509609_n.jpg

My favorite LB was Carl Fink. He was not traded for, but instead "bought" for $27,000.00. (snip)

Everything else you said was true, except you got the name wrong. Carl Fink didn't do that stuff. His name was Dick Butkus. Link

So the stuff with "Carl Fink" never happened. Pay up.

(In small denominations please, I don't want to get taxed by the IRS.) :)

:silly:

Everything else you said was true, except you got the name wrong. Carl Fink didn't do that stuff. His name was Dick Butkus. Link

So the stuff with "Carl Fink" never happened. Pay up.

(In small denominations please, I don't want to get taxed by the IRS.) :)

:silly:

Read the post! YOU have to pay me! I know it doesn't make sense....look who wrote it!

Don't believe me? Prove that it didn't happen....

or you pay me $1,000.000.00

Pay up sucker! :pfft:

Read the post! YOU have to pay me! I know it doesn't make sense....look who wrote it!

Pay up sucker! :pfft:

But, but, but I proved that it didn't happen with Carl Finks! *Futilely looks at Polywogs post for promise for Polywog to pay his end of the bet*

Darnit, this is why I can't have nice things. :silly:

Hanburger is far and away #1.

Fletcher should be on that list. He and Harvey are probably challenging for #2.

Coleman, bless his heart, leads the list of Top Players who were Very Steady for a Long Time.

If you are really 33 years old , how do you know Hanburger was the best? I am 43 and barely remember him.

If you are really 33 years old , how do you know Hanburger was the best? I am 43 and barely remember him.

The way I look at it, if you go to the Pro Bowl 9 times and are made 1st team All Pro 4 times and 2nd team twice on bad football teams there is a reason for it. The reason being you are head and shoulders better than anyone else out there. I dont remember all that much of him myself, but his was my first jersey as a kid.

• 2 weeks later...
I think Hanburger is undisputed but as someone else said, the 80's were about the team. Coleman is prfobably my favoriete all time Redskin and when you add Milot and Olkewikcz and later, guys like Gouveia and Manusky, the linebacing corps under Gibbs 1were the best we,ve ever had from top to bottom.

Yeah, but in the NFCCG after the 82 season against Dallas nobody even remembers what was probably the biggest play of the game and it was by a LB you didn't even mention.

Mel Kaufman #55 got the INT which turned into a 24-17 lead rather than Dallas driving down on us again and taking the lead 24-21. Watch the game and you'd see that this was a huge play than everybody forgets because of the Daryl Grant Int TD return at the end.

So why isn't Mel Kaufman on the list? I'd choose him over Arrington and Marshall, lol.

I think Hanburger is undisputed but as someone else said, the 80's were about the team. Coleman is prfobably my favoriete all time Redskin and when you add Milot and Olkewikcz and later, guys like Gouveia and Manusky, the linebacing corps under Gibbs 1were the best we,ve ever had from top to bottom.

Monte Coleman was outstanding, considering that he was an 11th round draft choice. Rich Milot was excellent and so was Wilbur Marshall. Kurt Gouveia was a beast too. And he could forget Neal Olkewikcz and Mel Kaufman? Two very good LBs from yesteryear. Chris Hanburger was probably the best. And let's not forget Sam Huff, a Hall of Famer. Anybody remember a man named Pete Cronan? Another great Redskin linebacker.

Archived